PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: (2/18/2010) - HTC HD 2 (Leo) to come with Windows Mobile 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I sincerely doubt that there will ever be an official WP7 update available for the HD2. That said, will the chefs find a way to get it on? More than likely
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
You're right, MIX will answer many questions definitively and cut down on the ludicrous speculation.

That said, I've said many times that as bad as we may all want it, the HD2 will never get an official 7 upgrade. It simply doesn't meet all the criteria and MS's whole point about WPS7 is that everyone should have an identical user experience no matter which phone they're using. The 3 button experience simply doesn't exist - there's no dedicated search button.

Now will we see some sort of unofficial WPS7 port for the HD2? You bet your hiney we will

And there is a chance you may never see a WP7 upgrade from the chefs.

If MS wanted to stop us from making custom roms for our phones, they could, they send that little letter to the owners of this site and all creation or talk would be banned right away (unless there was a small fight here). After all, this site is located in the US...

MS has done that before to other sites in the past, even sites have shut down because of it (the whole site was based on something MS didn't like). They have the money and power to take a site like this and close it down overnight if they really wanted to, or they would just buy it to shut it down.

If they really want to control the "experience", You'll never see a rom floating around unless it's in the underground (pirated software areas).

I really hope I am wrong but, knowing how MS works and in the past how they have done this, I don't see any WP7 roms floating around for "un-approved phones", at least for very long.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 03-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rtyj
Carrier: tyjn

kartinkent is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario925 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

Only time will tell if Microsoft is going to have Windows Mobile 7 operating system on the upcoming HTC HD2 which is set to release march 24, 2010 on T-Mobile usa.

There is nothing backing this information up at the moment, although it doesn’t particularly sound out of place as the HD2 I suspect meets all the requirements of that operating system.HTC HD2 might be soon withdrawn totally as it is violating Apple's multitouch patents... so boys, girls go and get HTC HD2 at T-Mobile USA as soon as you can! Soon it will be prohibited by the imminent ruling of U.S. trade commission...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinkent View Post
There is nothing backing this information up at the moment, although it doesn’t particularly sound out of place as the HD2 I suspect meets all the requirements of that operating system.HTC HD2 might be soon withdrawn totally as it is violating Apple's multitouch patents... so boys, girls go and get HTC HD2 at T-Mobile USA as soon as you can! Soon it will be prohibited by the imminent ruling of U.S. trade commission...
1. As i mentioned in the first reply post in the thread the HD2 does not meet the requirements of Windows Phone 7 Series because it does not have a dedicated hardware search key
2. The lawsuit against HTC has nothing to do with multi-touch, because it was ruled that Apple doesn't have a patent on multi-touch as ruled when Apple tried to sue Palm over the Pre, the lawsuit is over various functions of the Android operating system which in the worst case scenario will damage only HTC's Android business and have very little if any effect on their Windows Phones, HD2 included
3. Regardless of what the ITC does it'll be years before anything happens, you can look at the Apple vs. Nokia series of lawsuits to see how effective the ITC is

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions