PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mario925 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mario925
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

Only time will tell if Microsoft is going to have Windows Mobile 7 operating system on the upcoming HTC HD2 which is set to release march 24, 2010 on T-Mobile usa.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: (2/18/2010) - HTC HD 2 (Leo) to come with Windows Mobile 7?

Microsoft has stated that Windows 7 Series won't be available until fall. And there are a lot things missing from the demos, including Microsoft's Corporate Vice President of Windows Phone Program Management Joe Belfiore mentioning in a first look http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Laura...Hands-on-Demo/
that they have a lot of work to complete so there's virtually no chance of it launching that soon.
And, unless HTC redesigns the HD2 specifically for 7 Series, the HD2 doesn't meet the chassis requirements because it doesn't have a dedicated search key and the 3D image tmobile is showing off here: http://www.sticktogether.com/htchd2/...c_innovate_hd2 doesn't have one either
so don't count on it
Old 02-20-2010, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

FlatSurfSucks is becoming a great contributor

The T-Mobile HD2 rom has already leaked and it's 6.5.3. There's no way it ships with WP7.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "developer update" for the HD2 that updates it to WP7. The "home" button can easily be used as the "Bing" button that's required. Microsoft needs to get hardware with WP7 in the hands of developers and what's a better way to do that than a firmware update for an existing device? "we aren't confirming which Windows Phones will be upgradable at this time. stay tuned for updates at MIX 2010 http://bit.ly/93e1Cf ". So to me that means at least some phones ARE getting an update. I don't know of any other phones that have a capacitive screen and a snapdragon cpu.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I've seen a few people saying that it (HTC HD2) will have a upgrade to "7". Anyone claiming that a device will be fully upgradeable to "7" when the final specs have not been released (they quoted some specs but, they are not final yet) has a lot of balls in my eyes.

I would be sooooooooo pissed if I got a phone in the next few months and I was told it would be fully upgradeable to "7" only to find out it does not have X feature or does not run that great because of missing hardware or memory. Never mind the "7" models will be tweaked and have better specs than current phones (more memory, etc).

I'm out of a contract right now, I could get a new phone today if I wanted to but, I would not even look at any models till everything is laid out for "7".

With that being said...if I ran into a TP2 or something used, in good shape for cheap and not have to sign a contract (keeping my contract open for a 7 phone), I might just jump at it....but, won't sign a contract for one...
Old 02-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

I sincerely doubt that there will ever be an official WP7 update available for the HD2. That said, will the chefs find a way to get it on? More than likely
Old 02-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I sincerely doubt that there will ever be an official WP7 update available for the HD2. That said, will the chefs find a way to get it on? More than likely
+1 here
i was in the process of writing that same thing til my aircard freaked out then i found this post and i'll just add mine to it
Old 02-20-2010, 07:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario925 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

Only time will tell if Microsoft is going to have Windows Mobile 7 operating system on the upcoming HTC HD2 which is set to release march 24, 2010 on T-Mobile usa.
hmmmm, no link. lol
mind posting a link for this?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

its been leaked on pocketnow for a few days now
march 10 I thought was the for sure date
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

FlatSurfSucks is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
March 24th but that's with 6.5.3, not WP7. No way in hell WP7 ships on it then.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatSurfSucks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
March 24th but that's with 6.5.3, not WP7. No way in hell WP7 ships on it then.
oh I never said wp7s
heck I thought it was 6.5 normal
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions