PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Deke218 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 Discussion

Windows Mobile 7 to Get Two Versions, Report Says
Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Before we get all depressed just remember a few things:

Technically Windows mobile phones are not supposed to be unlocked and reflashed with a custom ROM.
Technically Sprint TP2 devices are not supposed to have WMO 6.5 yet.
Tehcnically we are not suppose to be able to tether without a tether plan.

... and we all know how well these limitations held up.

So I'd take things with a grain of salt until the OS is actually released and the geniuses at XDA/PPCgeeks have some time with it.
+1, whatever MS releases it will be hacked and modified.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

not so sure about that
http://www.chainfire.eu/#/articles/6..._Tweakers_net/
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

if in the "third batch" the companies will be able to change the UI, etc... that means the OS should be "hackable" from the outset, and it should not take too long to unlock and hack the phone, especially if the ROM updates will be flashable (if you buy a winmo7 phone in september you should be able to flash an update in a few months?) we'll just have to see I guess.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
if in the "third batch" the companies will be able to change the UI, etc... that means the OS should be "hackable" from the outset, and it should not take too long to unlock and hack the phone, especially if the ROM updates will be flashable (if you buy a winmo7 phone in september you should be able to flash an update in a few months?) we'll just have to see I guess.
this is what I'm thinking but the problem is no tools are available. Everything is written for CE 5.2. No programs for CE 6 and up and if there was we would already ripped up and created new hackable roms for the zune hd or heck even the meizu m8.

That said, I think it will take time
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

cmon. Doesn't anyone stop to think that maybe this wm7 that was described was the "media edition" they mentioned? Where they focus on eye candy, zune - xbox integration, multimedia, and speed? And that all the important features for serious users like multitasking and such will appear on the "business edition"?

my two cents and thoughts
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
cmon. Doesn't anyone stop to think that maybe this wm7 that was described was the "media edition" they mentioned? Where they focus on eye candy, zune - xbox integration, multimedia, and speed? And that all the important features for serious users like multitasking and such will appear on the "business edition"?

my two cents and thoughts
My thoughts exactly Mike, I think they are talking about "Project Pink" or the "Zune Phone". The standard or business edition WM7 will be nothing like what was explained in the previous post(I hope anyway).
Old 02-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Zune should die a horrible death. The xBox thing is very intriguing in my honest opinion because I'm a heavy xBox guy. But from what I heard, I have to agree with the first post.... all of that is turning the f'n phone into a iphone. And if I get any hint of iPhone when I use WP7 for the first time, I will completely turn my back on Windows Phones and I'll just pickup a regular phone. BlackBerry is just uber gay. iPhone is the worst pile of junk I have ever had to touch.... Android.... I'll prob go to a HTC Sense loaded Android. Seems that its the only thing keeping the "Pocket PC" memo.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
Zune should die a horrible death.
What? The zune is awesome. Especially the ZuneHD.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:28 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
Zune should die a horrible death. The xBox thing is very intriguing in my honest opinion because I'm a heavy xBox guy. But from what I heard, I have to agree with the first post.... all of that is turning the f'n phone into a iphone. And if I get any hint of iPhone when I use WP7 for the first time, I will completely turn my back on Windows Phones and I'll just pickup a regular phone. BlackBerry is just uber gay. iPhone is the worst pile of junk I have ever had to touch.... Android.... I'll prob go to a HTC Sense loaded Android. Seems that its the only thing keeping the "Pocket PC" memo.
The iphone is a piece of junk, blackberry is gay... but winmo is great? Now thats funny.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Tags
leak, official, windows mobile, windows phone 7