PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Re: Windows Mobile 7 to ressemble the Zune HD!

Apple format is has an OS that is stable. Add apps... There you are customized.
M$ moving to the same format is good and bad.

Good- Less frustration adding app favorites, connectivity, and it should just plain work
Bad- lack of custom input and ROMs, No 6.5 WM programs, ???

Its like taking the smart phone and dumbing it down. I guess M$ is looking forward to the APP market to make a profit like Apple.

Android is sounding better and better.....
----------Priceless ----------
Old 01-25-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Where are you guys getting that there won't be any custom ROMs? I keep seeing people say that, but I have no idea where they are getting that from.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
Apple format is has an OS that is stable. Add apps... There you are customized.
M$ moving to the same format is good and bad.

Good- Less frustration adding app favorites, connectivity, and it should just plain work
Bad- lack of custom input and ROMs, No 6.5 WM programs, ???

Its like taking the smart phone and dumbing it down. I guess M$ is looking forward to the APP market to make a profit like Apple.

Android is sounding better and better.....
what?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Where are you guys getting that there won't be any custom ROMs? I keep seeing people say that, but I have no idea where they are getting that from.
Just typical negative whiny people panicking over what MAY happen instead of just waiting to see what happens.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
Just typical negative whiny people panicking over what MAY happen instead of just waiting to see what happens.
I don't even see where that may even possibly happen though. I see where one person said that, and everyone else seems to be saying it just because he said it. But I think he totally pulled it out of his rear end. I don't see where anyone made that claim, and furthermore, I don't even see how it's possible.

Even the most locked down platforms of all- Blackberry and iPhone, could have custom ROMs if the community felt like putting in the work.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I don't even see where that may even possibly happen though. I see where one person said that, and everyone else seems to be saying it just because he said it. But I think he totally pulled it out of his rear end. I don't see where anyone made that claim, and furthermore, I don't even see how it's possible.

Even the most locked down platforms of all- Blackberry and iPhone, could have custom ROMs if the community felt like putting in the work.
I phrased my post wrong, what I mean was people freaking out over a worst case scenario that isn't very likely to happen.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

@ OP - resemble*
Old 01-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How hackable is the Zune right now? It also runs on silverlight and .net.

Hell, how hackable is a Samsung WinMo phone for that matter? It's one company that makes WinMo phones that's let this community thrive. HTC. Look at the upcoming amount of Android phones HTC is putting out, compared to WinMo. That alone should serve as some sort of gauge.

I think WinMo is finally dying, and it makes me very sad, as I've had WinMo forever, but I just don't see 7 being anything like the previous versions, hacking included.

Last edited by chappy; 01-26-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
How hackable is the zune right now?

don't know anyone who even has a zune.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
How hackable is the Zune right now? It also runs on silverlight and .net.

Hell, how hackable is a Samsung WinMo phone for that matter? It's one company that makes WinMo phones that's let this community thrive. HTC. Look at the upcoming amount of Android phones HTC is putting out, compared to WinMo. That alone should serve as some sort of gauge.

I think WinMo is finally dying, and it makes me very sad, as I've had WinMo forever, but I just don't see 7 being anything like the previous versions, hacking included.
I don't know how hackable a zune is. Probably anyone that would care to hack one already has a Windows Mobile phone they hack up.

Samsung phones are very much hackable though and people flash cooked ROMs to their Samsung Windows Mobile phones. Don't think for a second it is limited to HTC phones, it's not.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions