PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mbritt80 is keeping up the good workmbritt80 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Thanks stephen240, the next nearest is 30 miles roundtrip. Its a touch diamond 6950, do those options still apply. Luckly advanced support been very helpful. Going to call about this one after work today, it vibrates until I do ##786# hardreset thing and it did it twice within 2 hours
Old 11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Got kicked out of a Sprint service and repair center!!

I understand where your coming from. Sprint came to my job and gave us free trials of the 4g cards and we had trouble activating them, and on the phone they said there is no 4g service in Baltimore.

When I went to get my MIFI, they said it's impossible to hook it up to a PC.

I agree that what they did was very unprofessional. It's such a fine line between not starting a fist fight and not letting them crap on you.

Was there a manager?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Wirelessly posted (Sprint T7380: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

You sounded very aggressive. The telling thing for me was you mentioning eye contact. I have eye contact issues and I read everything I can get my hands on about it. When you said he stopped making eye contact, he was trying to avoid escalation of the issue, especially when you said it was going to get personal. Locking eye contact between two angry men will likely end up in a fight.

To be honest, you sounded like you walked in there looking for a fight. He started raising his voice and cut you off because you were probably trying to tell him how it was going to be and trying to corner him. Beware of that, it's a good way to really start issues.The reps can only do what Sprint policy allows them to do.

As for the three weeks for the TP2, it is probably because they are having troubles filling demand. Verizon is selling them out as soon as they get them in stock.

I suggest next time you go into the store and be cool and collected. Telling someone it going to get personal is the fastest way to getting zero help from someone. In fact, he probably could have called the police on you at that point, as you just threatened him. Next time, ask for a store manager instead of trying to corner someone.

By the way, where is this Sprint Store?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint T7380: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

You sounded very aggressive. The telling thing for me was you mentioning eye contact. I have eye contact issues and I read everything I can get my hands on about it. When you said he stopped making eye contact, he was trying to avoid escalation of the issue, especially when you said it was going to get personal. Locking eye contact between two angry men will likely end up in a fight.

To be honest, you sounded like you walked in there looking for a fight. He started raising his voice and cut you off because you were probably trying to tell him how it was going to be and trying to corner him. Beware of that, it's a good way to really start issues.The reps can only do what Sprint policy allows them to do.

As for the three weeks for the TP2, it is probably because they are having troubles filling demand. Verizon is selling them out as soon as they get them in stock.

I suggest next time you go into the store and be cool and collected. Telling someone it going to get personal is the fastest way to getting zero help from someone. In fact, he probably could have called the police on you at that point, as you just threatened him. Next time, ask for a store manager instead of trying to corner someone.

By the way, where is this Sprint Store?
Its people like you that read way to much into it. Unlike most people I do not have an overbearing pride issue. If I had been in the wrong, for instance complaining because I didn't just get my way, I would have said so. Do not compare me to you. If you read the original and following post in entirety you will see that the man threatened me by raising his voice and cutting me off, I personally am not one to take that from someone who is there to help me. Now some will not understand it but when a person raises their voice and insults another person, they are antagonizing an issue and therefore threatening that person. FYI that was the store manager. Your insinuations are ignorant. And to avoid any further ignorance please go and read the THREAD not just a single post.

Although I do want to tell where this store is, I do not need some arrogant person, like the rep at the store, to become aware of my posting on account of potential defamation legalities. My thoughts to the ordeal where as specific and to the point as possible, and I have no reason to lie on here. Any negative post bashing me, the OP, is not welcome. I do appreciate constructive criticism but telling me that I messed up everything solely because of my attitude alone is ignorant.

Last edited by mbritt80; 11-08-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling correction
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

QrafTee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

nope, no hand out, just a working phone that didn't downgrade me. And exactly what constitutes the diamond and the pro not being equal, the only thing I have seen that seperates the two significantly is the keyboard you left wing extremist.
Haha, you need to calm down. The keyboard makes all the difference; that's one of the TP2's greatest strengths. Therefore, not equal--unless you trade off CPU or something for it. Speaking from a fairly logical standpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
Its people like you that read way to much into it. Unlike most people I do not have an overbearing pride issue. If I had been in the wrong, for instance complaining because I didn't just get my way, I would have said so. Do not compare me to you. If you read the original and following post in entirety you will see that the man threatened me by raising his voice and cutting me off, I personally am not one to take that from someone who is there to help me. Now some will not understand it but when a person raises their voice and insults another person, they are antagonizing an issue and therefore threatening that person. FYI that was the store manager. Your insinuations are ignorant. And to avoid any further ignorance please go and read the THREAD not just a single post.

Although I do want to tell where this store is, I do not need some arrogant person, like the rep at the store, to become aware of my posting on account of potential defamation legalities. My thoughts to the ordeal where as specific and to the point as possible, and I have no reason to lie on here. Any negative post bashing me, the OP, is not welcome. I do appreciate constructive criticism but telling me that I messed up everything solely because of my attitude alone is ignorant.
... That's cute. In your defense you pretty much proved Mutiny32's point. You are indeed aggressive... at least over the internet under the protection of anonymity. For all we know you are as calm as you say you are in person.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

A verbal defense doesn't constitute a person to be aggressive Dr.Hong and Dr.Jones, or whoever QrafTee and Mutiny32 are.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I see where you threatened to get personal with the guy if he raised his voice or cut you off one more time, Micah. That's being aggressive. Maybe I did look into it too much; I wasn't there. But then you came on here and got all Internet Tough Guy for me making my assertion. Granted, you could have been calm the whole time there, but your words on here make me believe that you probably weren't. You may have been verbally defending yourself, but you did become aggressive by verbally threatening him with violence.

And traffic must be really bad that it takes that long to get to the store in the same city. Do Nissans have that many problems? I was under the assumption that they were pretty solid cars.

P.S. don't be passive aggressive toward me or anyone else on this board by using names as an intimidation tactic. I am very much not the type of person to do that to online. I do digital forensics for a living. That includes social engineering. I took your use of my name and QrafTee's as provocation. I was tempted to be more direct, but I think you get my point. You can call me by name in the future, I don't mind it.

Anyway, if you saved the chat transcript or have a lodged concern about your phone with Sprint, the 30 days is pretty much invalidated, as you have initiated the first steps as to resolving your phone issues. If they try to be huffy about it, you can make a call to executive services and they don't fart around when you start using the words "complaint" attached to the words "Attorney General." Been there, done that. They know that keeping you happy is much less of a hassle than having to answer to a state AG inquiry on consumer claims of wrongdoing. Your chat transcript backs you up as well.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I thought you might find the name thing funny, but meant no harm. I do have the transcripts from my chat but the chat from the store reps to the online reps will not be given to me(store reps words).
Old 11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work

You have every right to that information! The bill to free information act kicks in! If they refuse, they are at fault by denying your right to the information! In any case, I have dealt with rude and unprofessional reps as well! A less than likely outcome, but in the end, call retentions, be polite with them, calmly explain and eventually you will speak to the right person and the "compensation" you seek will be awarded to you! IMO
Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Called retentions, they called the store and took his side, never told me what he said but they basically told me to either early terminate or deal with the refurbs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions