PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 01:45 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok I traveled from LA to Vegas to Dallas yesterday. I tested the settings that Mala first added an I didn't notice any change in performance. The newer settings seam to work better tho.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

ericizzy1 is a n00b
hi

sorry for a question that might seem stupid,but...
i am using tmobile us with the tzones plan.
should i even do this to get higher speeds? and if yes, can you please walk me thru of how to do so? thnx much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
I am going to stay with this one for know I am in California today but I am going to Dallas tomorrow so I will do some comparing along the way. I stop in Vegas WOOHOO if I can stop gambling long enough I will check there to.
Have fun Big D5...but not too much fun.

I find these servers working quite well too:

Those are from opendns.com.

NOTE: Changing your DNS Servers to the above on your home Router is also recommended! I did it.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
just follow the instructions in the first post....its real simple. and yea I recommend u do this both on ur pc and ppc! oh there are detailed instructions and screenshots at opendns.com if the ones in the first post r that hard to follow
~mike

Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
N00b

GaTo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to GaTo
Hey guys i did this mod (on my ppc6700 sprint) and now it asks me for a network login. Any idea what this is supposed to be? I was able to check my email and surf the net fine before this?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
just click login and check the save box I hope I remembering right or just click login it will work and shouldn't ask again.
~mike
Old 11-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Wideawake is right. Just leave those blank and check the save box, it'll never ask for login or password again. Enjoy.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mal or anyone else, Do you still use the following DNS? I found it to be little slower for the past few days..

DNS: 208.67.222.222
Alt DNA: 208.67.220.220

Or
DNS: 4.2.2.1
Alt DNA: 4.2.2.2
Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1
Mal or anyone else, Do you still use the following DNS? I found it to be little slower for the past few days..

been fine for me.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

finster869 is keeping up the good workfinster869 is keeping up the good work
WOW!!

This works great! I did on both my 6700 and my home PC and instantly saw a tremendous speed up. It is almost instantaneous now. I used the DNS listed in the first post for my PPC, but went with comcast's philadelphia DNS entry for my home pc (I live 45 minutes from Philly). Both worked great!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bigbuddy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1

Or
DNS: 4.2.2.1
Alt DNA: 4.2.2.2
same it has been slower. doesnt go str8 to opening anymore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions