PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Grandmast is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
k i just checked calling my GV number and the voicemail is working now, but now instead of nothing happening every time i use the callingcard option it juts dials my google voice number and taking me to voicemail! how is the calling card suppose to work? when u use that option are u going to receive a phone call back, like iDialer?
If you were to setup the calling card method, I would have to assume that no you would not receive a call back. Having never used it I cannot say for sure, but you'd essentially just be automating dialing your GV number, pausing and entering your PIN then 2. Or just hitting 2.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and Droid
Carrier: Verizon

utctigers is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to utctigers Send a message via MSN to utctigers

would this work with Rapetel(Alltel)
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by utctigers View Post
would this work with Rapetel(Alltel)
should work....if alltel offers a pick 1/3/5 option...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post
So I, like many others out there, have Sprint. And I also have the pick 3 numbers on my account. And now I finally got my Google Voice Number. What does this have to do with anything? Let me explain. With a “pick X amount of numbers that you have unlimited calling to” and Google Voice, you have all the ingredients for free incoming and outgoing calls without using a single minute.
The guide below will show you how.

1) First thing to do is register with Google voice. Get a phone number with whatever number you want to give out. This will be your “new cell phone” number. When you register with GV, you will be asked to add a phone to your account. Add you cell phone and finish setting it all up on their website. (You probably want to import all your contacts into GV so callers don’t need to announce their names).

2) Now call up sprint and give them you GV number and tell them that you want that as one of your free numbers.

NOW ALL YOUR INCOMING CALLS ARE FREE! (Provided that your callers call your GV number – not your real cell number

How does this work you ask? Well, the caller calls your GV number and Google calls your cell. It shows up on your cell bill as your GV number calling. And that number is free to call you!

Now for the outgoing…

PLEASE NOTE THE PERSON YOU CALL WILL SEE YOUR GV NUMBER – NOT YOUR REAL CELL NUMBER

Method Number 1: (Paid) Get MagiCall HERE!. Install and start program. Copy the attached file to /device/my documents overwriting MG2RULE. Reopen the program GUI. It will ask if you want to load the new rules. Click Yes. Modify the rule called Google Voice with your info. (your phone number, leave the commas and then your pin. Leave the rest alone).
Set up whatever rules you want and enjoy free outgoing calls.

NOTE: If you go from using 800 minutes a month to 0 sprint might notice. use this to not go over your minutes...
Maybe only place outgoing only or whatever.

You MAY send me PM'S for help with setiing up MagiCall but I MAY NOT be able to answer all your questions.

Oh....don't forget to unrar the file. Rared b/c of forum rules...

May I also suggest another alternative,
Flash the HTC Touch Pro to metro pcs, if available in your city, and get the $45 so you have unlimited calling, text, mms, internet...you can add GPS Tom Tom....I use my Sprint TP on metro and don't have to worry about minutes....
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo1 View Post
May I also suggest another alternative,
Flash the HTC Touch Pro to metro pcs, if available in your city, and get the $45 so you have unlimited calling, text, mms, internet...you can add GPS Tom Tom....I use my Sprint TP on metro and don't have to worry about minutes....
metro pcs in milwauke....
i don't think so...
and who would want crickets network...
Old 08-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saiyanz is a n00b

what is the difference between using idialer and magicall, besides the fact one is free and the other is not? I have been using idialer and that works for me is magicall better or have any advantages over idialer?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a Grandcentral number (had it before Google purchased them) but my Sprintpcs email address was discontinued by Sprint a few months ago (they discontinued their sprintpcs email accounts across the board.)
I have a gmail email but forgot to update my GC account.
I forgot my GC account password and submitted a password change request but the email was sent to my discontinued sprintpcs email address.
Any suggestions on how I can update my GC account with my current email address?
I posted the question on the Google Voice HELP Forum but no response yet.
Thanks.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-02-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I have a Grandcentral number (had it before Google purchased them) but my Sprintpcs email address was discontinued by Sprint a few months ago (they discontinued their sprintpcs email accounts across the board.)
I have a gmail email but forgot to update my GC account.
I forgot my GC account password and submitted a password change request but the email was sent to my discontinued sprintpcs email address.
Any suggestions on how I can update my GC account with my current email address?
I posted the question on the Google Voice HELP Forum but no response yet.
Thanks.
thats gonna be hard. ur gonna need to call/contact google and have them do it after you verify lots of details...
Old 08-02-2009, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Professional

simon21 is a n00b

idialer is great but it calls me twice whenever i want to make a call.

if someone calls me at the google number anf i dont take the call and it goes to voicemail on my phone, what happens?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
idialer is great but it calls me twice whenever i want to make a call.

if someone calls me at the google number anf i dont take the call and it goes to voicemail on my phone, what happens?
well then it goes to google voicemail - whic you can acces by dialing your gv number entering passcose and following propmts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanz View Post
what is the difference between using idialer and magicall, besides the fact one is free and the other is not? I have been using idialer and that works for me is magicall better or have any advantages over idialer?
idialer has been know to mess up and call people twice as well as break smart dialing etc...
magicall leaves everything the same just automates dialing googles number - not a whole new dialer just intercepts all calls and follows the rules..
i sent you a pm

Last edited by MordyT; 08-02-2009 at 03:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing