PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AcE XBOX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is it just me?? -rant-

HTC needs to invest a little more in their driver development, and running more efficient programming to get around some of the hick ups the phone has. Even the iphone lags when texting, or locks up at times. They are both far from perfect. I do agree that it is easier to navigate then the Pro.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
I certainly hope so but am guessing they are going to keep adding to their existing base of code which would mean the same old thing, poor battery and poor performance.

Look at how smooth the iPhone (I know, no multitasking and that's valid), BB Storm and Pre (need to see for myself) are. I just think that we have underpowered devices due to battery like previous posters suggest and the OS is too bloated.
Yeah... when you start running programs in the background of the iphone, it doesn't fare nearly as well.

Still, my friend's iPhone in stock form doesn't perform that much better than my TP does... Yes, it's better, without a doubt, but the big reason it FEELS so much better is that it has smooth transitions between everything. Small animations that play well make a huge impact on what the end user percieves as speed. The super-smooth scrolling adds to this effect - if we didn't have to rely on QTV for decent video performance, I'd expect to be able to see the same out of an HTC phone. Look at the G1, for example.

The BB Storm is garbage... I played with one for a while and was not impressed with the speed or usability, at all. The Palm Pre will probably be nice, but I'm not interested in it.

The iPhone speed is primarily an illusion... If you know what you're looking for, you'll still see the same pauses and hesitations that are present in WM - they're just covered up by black screens on the iPhone.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

No phone is perfect.. You cant buy a sports car that can seat the whole family and tow a boat.. If you want a versatile phone that does alot more get a wm, if you want a simple phone thats fast get an iphone.. Its pretty simple.. Iphones have terrible sound quality.. I cant even understand what one of my friends is saying on the phone, the G1 still feels beta, BB's still crash and arent as feature rich as others.. I could make any phone from a wm, android, iphone, or bb sound like complete **** or the best phone in the world.. Thats because they all do amazing things and have glaring weaknesses.. once you realize you WILL not get the best of both worlds decide whats most important and get that.. I have reccomended every smart phone out there too diff people depending on what they tell me is important to them..
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

and the wm weaknesses are probably less noticeable to me... I have an $80 plan which is two sero lines 1250 min on a dumbphone and 500 min on my touch pro.. This lets me not use wm for simple things like making calls, looking up a pizza place on opera mini, sending pic mails and texts.. I only use my touch pro for writing notes, word docs, emails, heavy browsing, and multimedia.. and honestly once they release the perfect phone it wont be perfect anymore because your expectations will have increased by then..
Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

I finally gave up on the TP after going thru 4 of them due to keyboard failure. Sprint sent me a Treo Pro that I just got done trying out for 30 days and wasnt very impressed with it either. After looking through the selection of phones Sprint had I decided to go back to the Blackberry simply for the battery life and reception (3 bars at work where the TP got maybe 1).

The TP is a great concept for a phone but between the lack of battery performance and the constant failures of hardware it's just not up to par in any way. I feel bad for the guy I sold my latest TP replacement to though. It was a brand new, never even turned on TP and he called me 4 days later saying the keyboard stopped functioning. I tried warning him before buying it but he thought I was exagerating.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I wouldnt completely blame it on microsoft. HTC is lazy, and the Qualcomm chipset sucks. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I really do miss my dell 51v. with 64MB RAM that thing still runs laps around my TP. I'm trying to get my dad into a sprint plan with a BB just so I can take my 51v back!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim4w5 View Post
my bad thanks i got now. i just didn't know if people really look at other threads
dont want 2 sound like an ***, but unlike other boards u have been on, people here read EVERYTHING. so dont worry. ur questions will b answered in the order they were received.

YEAH! That guy! U know. HIM!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
bottom line is htc don't care. they keep making the phones, we keep buying them. if we all decided that we won't get a tp2, maybe htc and sprint will wake the heck up!
very valid point.
whos 1st?
probably no 1, since they r all creaming over a bigger screen from tp2.
wish people would.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatsstang View Post
very valid point.
whos 1st?
probably no 1, since they r all creaming over a bigger screen from tp2.
wish people would.
guess i'm 1st because i refuse to buy a tp2!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if every WM phone was perfect out of the box, we wouldnt have this wonderful forum to be a part of!!!!

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions