PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
***if this point is already posted , just let me know, i just got up and didn't feel like page reading yet, but had something to say***
Peace guys, but i wud like to add, that with sprint, if u have an simply everything plan, you CANNOT even add the PAM plan that sprint provides!!
so..this customer can't even enjoy the feature if they wanted to pay for it. therefore, u work around it, IMHO. so who really is conducting shady business?? the customer with an simply everything plan who cant get a PAM plan added or sprint for preventing them from FULLY enjoying their device. and suppose this customer didn't upgrade, paid SRP for it, so all that "get a device for discounted price so sprint can make money back" is out the window. its their device, why not enjoy ALL it can do????
thanx for listening/reading/giving me the time
wow. i didn't know that was even happening. and it's not included in the simply everything plan???
Old 02-22-2009, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
it's not included in the simply everything plan???
no sir.and if this has changed, please let us know...TIA

Quote:
your price is incorrect unless they lowered it within the last few months. the cost of unlimited PAM is $40+. the $15 is for internet, which doesn't include PAM.
nah, six-burgh is right..$30 for pda data plan, $15 for PAM add-on, now if this has changed, please let us know, also..lol
Old 02-22-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaa- View Post
Accessing the Internet using the phone is the service I'm paying for. Whether I attach something else on my phone to use its connection or not is none of my carrier's business.

'Nuff said.
that's not entirely accurate. you only pay to have the internet on your phone, not for tethering to a laptop. and it is their business. you should probably check your use agreement with your carrier.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
no sir.and if this has changed, please let us know...TIA

nah, six-burgh is right..$30 for pda data plan, $15 for PAM add-on, now if this has changed, please let us know, also..lol
i asked about this a couple of months ago. i told the lady i was speaking to that i had heard Sprint was going down on price for the PAM. she told me she had no information on that so i just dropped the issue.

ok. now i have a BIG question. if it's now only $15/month, why use a hack? just pay the $15. i was pi$$ed about having to pay the $40 but hell, i'll pay the $15.

i'll call and find out for sure what the scoop is.

thanks.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
i'll call and find out for sure what the scoop is.
let us know what they say
Old 02-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
***if this point is already posted , just let me know, i just got up and didn't feel like page reading yet, but had something to say***
Peace guys, but i wud like to add, that with sprint, if u have an simply everything plan, you CANNOT even add the PAM plan that sprint provides!!
so..this customer can't even enjoy the feature if they wanted to pay for it. therefore, u work around it, IMHO. so who really is conducting shady business?? the customer with an simply everything plan who cant get a PAM plan added or sprint for preventing them from FULLY enjoying their device. and suppose this customer didn't upgrade, paid SRP for it, so all that "get a device for discounted price so sprint can make money back" is out the window. its their device, why not enjoy ALL it can do????
thanx for listening/reading/giving me the time
PAM was/is an add on just like evrything else.. i honestly dont know about before, but now for sure, you can have true unlimited everything plan, pam included,not as an add on, for what, 150 i think? which is a rip, saying its 99 for AE plan and 40 for PAM, so what would someone being payin that extra 11 bucks for to round off at 150 for??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaa- View Post
Accessing the Internet using the phone is the service I'm paying for. Whether I attach something else on my phone to use its connection or not is none of my carrier's business.

'Nuff said.
not even a valid argument, thats been beaten down a few times already.. again, "just because you buy a car, doesnt mean you can do what ever you want with.. and you DONT own your phone until you let our contract exppire and leave or pay ETF to get out early.. so again, your point doesnt hold alot of weight.. and again, read your TOS, its your carriers biz... is it not your carriers biz if you clone your number out??? come on buddy why cant you do that, its YOUR phone, its YOUR number, YOU can do whatever you want... NO YOU F*in CANT...

Quote:
wow. i didn't know that was even happening. and it's not included in the simply everything plan???
i do wonder about this..

but where does it say all features are available for all plans? its def doesnt say it is.. thats something that particular individual should have looked into before deciding on their plan.. if you wanted PAM then you should chose the proper plan, so that you could add PAM in the approriate fashion... just because its not offered to absolutely everything plan holders, doesnt mean its ok to STEAL it from them in return.. its whoevers own fault, for not looking into plan details and features...

and besides, its not like were locked into plans, simple and easy thing to change
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

fresh off the phone with sprint customer service... there is the 150 plan with PAM... and i asked if that plan didnt exisit could i have AE and add on PAM, and yes no problem, only if i have a compatible phone though.. i had em total it out for fun, so tha lady could how AE with add on is 139.99 and the new AE included with PAM is more at 150.. she didnt really have an answer for that one lol
Old 02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
PAM was/is an add on just like evrything else.. i honestly dont know about before, but now for sure, you can have true unlimited everything plan, pam included,not as an add on, for what, 150 i think? which is a rip, saying its 99 for AE plan and 40 for PAM, so what would someone being payin that extra 11 bucks for to round off at 150 for??
fam..if u have a simply everything plan, u cant get a PAM add-on for your phone, period.
now that 150 thing u talkin of is a SE plan with a discounted aircard for modem services with a SE plan.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
fam..if u have a simply everything plan, u cant get a PAM add-on for your phone, period.
now that 150 thing u talkin of is a SE plan with a discounted aircard for modem services with a SE plan.
well the sprint rep says otherwise to having SE and being able to add pam

and here: http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...itRegionAction

With this plan and your Mobile Broadband Card or USB modem, you have instant Internet access wherever you go on the Sprint Mobile Broadband network. Bundle and save: Add unlimited nationwide voice, text and data for your phone to 5GB Mobile Broadband and get both for just $149.99/mo. This bundle offer is available only in Sprint stores or by calling 1-800-SPRINT-1.
This plan includes
  • <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e264324843">5 GB/mo. in total or 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. (1024 kb=1MB. 1024 MB=1 GB) <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e288351170">Additional monthly usage over 5 GB costs 5ยข/MB. You may not use more than 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e513593132">International data roaming may incur additional charges. Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred.
  • Learn more about what's included in this plan

Old 02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

look man, none of those links work. but its all good. u win, but make sure you get a PAM plan for your PDA
unless u have a Simply Everything plan
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions