PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is PPCkitchen done ?

Wow. I take a small break from winmo, and sh** hits the fan. I just got a mint Touch Pro 1 back into my hot little hands, and what do you know... stuck with the same roms from the past ;( I'm a sad ppcgeek, that much is true! I hope it gets going again! All my respect and gratitude, especially to Tink!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

aberrio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
The owner of the concept and the files still has them on his personal server. He would need a home for these files if they were to be made publicly available again. As I recall, more is needed than a simple ftp.
What the owner needs to have the files up and running again. I may help with server and root access.

Please advice

Al
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Tinkerbell, Any thoughts of bringing on Windows Phone 7 ?

Now most first gen devices (including my Verizon HTC Trophy and The Sprint Arrive) have custom roms and are HSPL'd. There is also leaks of Tango roms and others. So the good old days from WM6/6.5 could be back with Windows Phone 7. There are also rumors about a Windows Phone 8 early leak too...

Personally, I am running a Tango rom that is fully unlocked, even with Tethering on Verizon and it works flawless just wishing I could customize it myself.

I'd love to see PPCkitchen 7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanolio View Post
Wow. I take a small break from winmo, and sh** hits the fan. I just got a mint Touch Pro 1 back into my hot little hands, and what do you know... stuck with the same roms from the past ;( I'm a sad ppcgeek, that much is true! I hope it gets going again! All my respect and gratitude, especially to Tink!!!
You might want to check in the threads here and on XDA. I have a TP1 sitting here too but, I wont play because It's still got 6.1 on it. I have to replace the digitizer in it but, it works perfect othewise.

Your only option is to download someone else's rom and flash it but, I bet there is still some good roms at least a good 6.5 rom...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 04-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Hey DavidCT, it is definately in the realm of possibility. The first step is getting PPCKitchen online again. We are in discussion of it, if aberrio is serious in his offer for server support. I am going to start holding my breath now. =]=]

Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Lurker

aberrio is a n00b

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. Yes, I am serious on my offer just let me know what you need. I will request something. Please try to keep advertising to 0 or to minimum,. There some sites you can not search, the adds application takes for ever to navigate.

Tinkerbell I send you a private message regarding this.

Kind regards,

Al
Old 07-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Lurker

aberrio is a n00b

Hi,

Any decision yet. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Al
Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Any chance this will come back up ? Tink you must have an off line copy you can share, right ?

I'm getting another Touch Pro 2 as a backup and would love to create my own Custom rom for it and not have to use someone else's rom..

How about this.... Is it possable to take all the packages and put them in a single zip for each phone ?

Then put it up on another site or charge like $0.99 (or a few $$) for it so you can recoup some costs and put up PPCkitchen with just a little store.

People want this but, just not a lot, this could be a quick site to have it available for people and get back some costs for having the site up.

I know it costs money to run a website but, it might help and I would love a copy of it, for a few models of phones...

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-27-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Hey David! The demand is just so low now that I don't think it would be worth it. Yes, I have a copy, but it is literally GB worth. GGuruUSA is still hosting the loggon server, so if you have a copy on your computer, you can still build. Do you have a copy of BuildOS and a username?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hey David! The demand is just so low now that I don't think it would be worth it. Yes, I have a copy, but it is literally GB worth. GGuruUSA is still hosting the loggon server, so if you have a copy on your computer, you can still build. Do you have a copy of BuildOS and a username?
I had a user name (I was on the site with you). And as for BuildOS, I have nuked my computer a few times between then. So, if I have it, it's just the install for it with no extras. I'll check my last backup file to see if I copied it over to the last install (When I nuke my computer, I do a full backup of C: before nuking it, and keep it for months till I know I dont need it)

I miss building my own rom like I used to, it's been a while tho.

Edit: No I dont have it installed in my last backup

I was afraid of the low volume, it was just an idea if you had the space and a web server already up. There is not crazy demand for it but, there is a few people here and there....

If you have a place you can put it, I would gladly send you a few dollars for your time
Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

What exactly has to be hosted? I have extra bw and storage on a shared system that could probably handle it.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions