PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Windows is not dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
that doesn't sound right, do you actually know the net worth of those companies? It seems to me as if Google and MS would have a lot more money than the rest. (I don't know the net worth so I could be wrong).
The answer to that is yes I do...

M$ - Assets: $86.113 billion (2010) - Equity: $46.175 billion (2010)
Google - Assets: $40.497 billion (2009) - Equity: $36.004 billion (2009)
HP - Assets: $114.799 billion (2009) - Equity: $40.517 billion (2009)
Intel: Assets: $53.095 billion (2009) - Equity: $41.704 billion (2009)
Nokia: Assets: $50.073 billion (2009) - Equity: $20.669 billions (2009)
Apple: Assets: 47.50 billion (2009)- Equity: $31.64 billion (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
So... Does all this nonsence prove that Windows Mobile IS dead or IS NOT dead...
I'm lost in a sea of pointless argument.
lol.
p.
Well M$ themselves said Windows Mobile is dead..they merged it back into Windows Embeded.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the ghost of WM is gonna be around for a while to come.

'Liberate' for the Zune HD unlocks hidden Windows CE potential -- Engadget
Old 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I have come to the realization that windows mobile is dead and will live on in zombie land as windows embedded. microsoft is going to bank on the average user that will want the latest uncomplicated gadget.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Windows Phone 7 handsets selling

If WP7 gets big enough...They will definitely bring WM 6.5.3 and embeded down to a halt.
p.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Windows Phone 7 handsets selling

If WP7 gets big enough...They will definitely bring WM 6.5.3 and embeded down to a halt.
p.
No they wont..windows embed actually makes them decent money...unlike winmo.. embedded actually is growing...

winmo originally was part of windows embedded and they split up..unlike the phone counterparts embedded is used in wide applications and equipment from everything down to even car systems...
Old 11-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Embedded is in all kinds of devices.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

I've only seen it on that Motorola I posted up a few posts ago.
The one for Sprint.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I've only seen it on that Motorola I posted up a few posts ago.
The one for Sprint.
Cause windows Embedded was not meant for phones ever since it split up with winmo..only reason you see it on a phone now is because they merged back together. That said its on many things...you just don't notice it as it generally has an application running on top of it..

It is mostly used by businesses but you may find it in things like ATMs, car systems, voting machines, bar code scanners/rfids, GPS, Fuel pump, terminal, appliances, printers, checkout registers, monitoring devices, kiosk, multimedia devices and more...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
YOUR insanity is showing... You really think Microsoft is going to allow this to fail??? The Kin was a side project... They only used one carrier... They used limited resources.
This is a whole different thing. This is a global effort. Orange in Europe has already declared EP7 a success... M$ is dumping 1 BILLION dollars into advertizing alone... I can't immagine what the entire progect budget is...
WP7 will remain viable and will be one of the top players. Not unlike they did with XBox... Everoyne said... There are too many players already... SEGA, Nintendo and Sony dominate the market... There was alot of doubt and look at what happened. Others are playing catchup now.
It took a long time to get there and it took a couple of hardware generations. WP7 is on verstion 1.0 It will be a while before it makes it's biggest footprint. But It will not fail. Neither will iPhone or Android. There are plenty of us with different tastes and budgets to make all three OSs successful and then some.
This is not a war as much as it is a symbiotic relationship. Sort of like the one Coke and Pepsi and... Ok just Coke and Pepsi share.
lol.
p.

Yeah I completely agree. I'm just gonna sit back and see which one fits my taste more. I'm biased to MS b/c of WM, the iphone is too restricting imo too. The only one I would consider other than wp7 is Android (we'll see what RIM is cooking in their kitchen with their os makeover) But now that all the big players realize the smartphone industry needs to be taken seriously, we'll start to see cooler stuff from everyone.

This is gonna be good *Munches on popcorn
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've been waiting for the cooler stuff already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions