PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom (VS750)
Carrier: AT&T

acapde is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS on LG Fathom?

I just (unsuccessfully) installed TomTom 7.915 on the LG Fathom, it was working fine on my old HTC Tilt. The installation itself went fine, but TomTom can't see the GPS no matter what setting I pick on the phone or the program itself. Google maps works okay so the GPS on the phone is working.... I'll keep trying and will report back if I find something interesting. Thank you.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom (VS750)
Carrier: AT&T

acapde is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: GPS on LG Fathom?

Hi,
After many attempts I have TomTom working on the LG Fathom phone, I wasn't able to find an ideal solution but at least it is working. The key is to launch Franson GpsGate before the TomTom Navigator application. I'm using GpsGate 2.6.0.41 and TomTom 7.916. On GpsGate I selected Input COM2 (this has to match your settings\system\External GPS\GPS program port) and then on the active output port I have GpsGate Direct and Virtual COM4. On TomTom I have selected Other NMEA GPS, 9600 bauds and Franson COM4. Bad news is that GpsGate is NOT freeware so if you find an equivalent free utility please let us know (BTW, I tried several similar applications but no luck making them work as expected). Hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: TIGO

cabeto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Re: GPS on LG Fathom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbuckshot View Post
hey i just got the lg fathom(in fact typing from it right now) and i spent a few hours today trying to get GPS working. I actually saw your post before when searching how to get it to work. I finally figured it out.

First you have to make sure that your GPS is turned on to "Location on" through the gps setting under cdma services under phone (accessible throuugh options through dialpad)
Then you have to set the gps com port under settings > system > external gps to com4 (com9 and 3 and com1 don't work, one of them is for bluetooth, and not sure about the others)

that should be everything you need to get gps working, Now i'm trying to get quick gps working but get the error when loading blah bla blha signed drivers

this works for me with gmaps set to managed and gpsviewer can open com4 and give location stats
Thank you for your help. Now, My GPS its working.

Now about your problem. The solution is very easy, just install Microsoft NeT CF 3.7.cab and all go right.

Bye

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions