PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

dropped my phone in reply, so it got all messed up, lol
Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i didnt feel like piecing the quotes so im just going to reply..

dude, its not an opinion its the truth.. and your response to a few of my points was only referring to how you can customize them. thats not the basis of overall experience. and the itunes music store is second to none, and the fact that the iphone is a full fledged ipod does state that its mp3 player is second to none.. think of how many people have ipods out in the world, the majority of people that use any type of media player has an ipod. a lot of people that doesnt like or want service with att, or just doesnt want to pay for the iphone has an ipod touch to compensate.. are you kidding me? thats not an opinion, its the truth. no skin is going to beat how fluid and great the mp3 player is on the iphone.. this is where we get into the part when i said, you have to be honest with yourself.

secondly, i never said that was all i knew how to do buddy.. dont doubt MY knowledge and capabilities with windows mobile.. i listed a few to make a general point, never implied that was all i knew. and i think you completely missed my point since you even bothered to take the time to point that out. think about this.. windows mobile is trash stock-wise.. and what good is a software when you have to sit down an completely re-write the way it operates? considering about half of the guys with win mobile customize it or has at least once tweaked it to perform, look, operate like an iphone anyway? and even still with all the reg edits and the over clocking and all the other nonsense you have to do to upgrade the performance.. IT STILL isnt as fluid as an iphone. nothing stock on windows mobile interests me, period. you have to completely change the whole phone.. now when you look at the iphone, yeah its not as customizable- but then again, there isnt much reason TO customize it because it works great the way it comes. its like comparing a brand new lambo to an 1988 volvo that you changed the engine, changed the body style, changed the paint job, changed the interior, gave it a flashy music player, put rims on it, tinted the windows, got a hot spoiler for it (you know.. pimp my ride style) and then trying to sit there and say the 1988 volvo is better than the Lamborghini? customization is a benefit, not the sole thing that determines whether something is better or not.

now as far as the browser goes.. i want you to find an article out there that says that a win mobile compatible browser is flat out better than safari... good luck with that challenge. because im sorry no one has ever said any browsing experience surpassed it. they said some are close, hell i doubt someone's even said it was comperable.. but def not better.. think about this.. if windows mobile had a browser like safari.. would any of you really search for another one? seriously?? and would it be your MAIN browser???? ok flash support or not, if you had safari on your win mobile phone (yes im asking it again to push how obvious the answer would be) and it worked the exact same way it performed on an iphone, would any other browser be your default browser???? be honest with yourself.. because the answer is h3ll no!

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc magic
Carrier: vodafone

tjgamer is a n00b

i dont know y ppl hate them i dony\t know my self
Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
i didnt feel like piecing the quotes so im just going to reply..

dude, its not an opinion its the truth.. and your response to a few of my points was only referring to how you can customize them. thats not the basis of overall experience. and the itunes music store is second to none, and the fact that the iphone is a full fledged ipod does state that its mp3 player is second to none.. think of how many people have ipods out in the world, the majority of people that use any type of media player has an ipod. a lot of people that doesnt like or want service with att, or just doesnt want to pay for the iphone has an ipod touch to compensate.. are you kidding me? thats not an opinion, its the truth. no skin is going to beat how fluid and great the mp3 player is on the iphone.. this is where we get into the part when i said, you have to be honest with yourself.

secondly, i never said that was all i knew how to do buddy.. dont doubt MY knowledge and capabilities with windows mobile.. i listed a few to make a general point, never implied that was all i knew. and i think you completely missed my point since you even bothered to take the time to point that out. think about this.. windows mobile is trash stock-wise.. and what good is a software when you have to sit down an completely re-write the way it operates? considering about half of the guys with win mobile customize it or has at least once tweaked it to perform, look, operate like an iphone anyway? and even still with all the reg edits and the over clocking and all the other nonsense you have to do to upgrade the performance.. IT STILL isnt as fluid as an iphone. nothing stock on windows mobile interests me, period. you have to completely change the whole phone.. now when you look at the iphone, yeah its not as customizable- but then again, there isnt much reason TO customize it because it works great the way it comes. its like comparing a brand new lambo to an 1988 volvo that you changed the engine, changed the body style, changed the paint job, changed the interior, gave it a flashy music player, put rims on it, tinted the windows, got a hot spoiler for it (you know.. pimp my ride style) and then trying to sit there and say the 1988 volvo is better than the Lamborghini? customization is a benefit, not the sole thing that determines whether something is better or not.

now as far as the browser goes.. i want you to find an article out there that says that a win mobile compatible browser is flat out better than safari... good luck with that challenge. because im sorry no one has ever said any browsing experience surpassed it. they said some are close, hell i doubt someone's even said it was comperable.. but def not better.. think about this.. if windows mobile had a browser like safari.. would any of you really search for another one? seriously?? and would it be your MAIN browser???? ok flash support or not, if you had safari on your win mobile phone (yes im asking it again to push how obvious the answer would be) and it worked the exact same way it performed on an iphone, would any other browser be your default browser???? be honest with yourself.. because the answer is h3ll no!
its a matter of preference, I don't really care for safari because for me it's not as good as opera, doesn't seem to run as fast (although that might be ATTs crappy 3G coverage too), I'd rather use opera. I've played with lots of iphones and used one for a while. So if I could have a choice I'd go with opera any day over safari, although I do like safari more than IE.

Stock-Wise some wm phones are inferior to the iphone, although I like 6.5 more so I would rather have a wm6.5 stock w a titanium ui over the iphone. But with full on tweaks wm beats the iphone.

Android out of the box hands down is better than the iphone in almost every way. The only thing the iphone has over other phones is the apps (most of which are useless), some are good.

I don't really know what you're talking about with the whole ipod thing, I'd rather have a zune or sandisk because at least that way I'm not paying twice the price because it has an apple symbol on it. I-tunes pretty much blows and I wouldn't use it if I got paid (well, maybe if I got paid like $500 a month I would) not only because of the crappy bitrates, constant annoying updates, slow laggy run, proprietary garbage syncing, etc... but also the insane memory and resource usage.

you state things as "fact" that are just your opinion, we get it, you live and die with Apple, you're hard-core apple lover to the bone, that's cool man, it's all gravy, you have that right and you're somewhat knowledgeable enough to make your points.

I don't know of anyone who "customizes to look like an iphone" their wm rig except as a gimmick today screen to show that it can be done and that WM devices are superior because you can change the UI in so many ways.

It's cool, sit back, relax, have a nice cold glass of Shiner (some good beer I tell you what). Some people like the iphone, some people don't.

Do you want an easy UI with thousands of "fun" apps that syncs with itunes and retains its resale value or do you want an insurable, customizable, phone maybe with a real keyboard, maybe if you want to change the UI or not be stuck on a POS overcharging network (unless you unlock it)?

all opinion, I'll stick with WM and check out android, maybe I'll pick up a worm out 3G iphone to play around with and such,
Old 01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

Quote:
saying they're close gives too much credit. for all my smartphones i've always used engadget.com as a test to see how fast they load. only skyfire came somewhat close to the iphone (ipod touch 2g in my case) but looks like garbage - i really can not stand skyfire, blurred images while zoomed out is bleh. opera took forever and i basically just gave up.

the samsung moment and hero did better than winmo but still slow. the moment was a bit faster than the hero.

the ipod touch, however, loads the site in seconds. it's only got 50MB or so of ram yet out performs the other devices with near 100MB of free memory.

i did purchase the tp2 becuase i'm on sero and have a hard time justifying the cost of switching plans. plus no other platform has a program that can sync with quicken 2010 without work arounds - inesoft cash organizer is nice, not finger friendly but powerful for a mobile finance app.

i'm still having doubts about staying with winmo and i've got a week to change my mind.

btw here's test by engadget with nexus one, droid, and the iphone loading their website:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/engad...eos/869/32.069
Old 01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
its a matter of preference, I don't really care for safari because for me it's not as good as opera, doesn't seem to run as fast (although that might be ATTs crappy 3G coverage too), I'd rather use opera. I've played with lots of iphones and used one for a while. So if I could have a choice I'd go with opera any day over safari, although I do like safari more than IE.

Stock-Wise some wm phones are inferior to the iphone, although I like 6.5 more so I would rather have a wm6.5 stock w a titanium ui over the iphone. But with full on tweaks wm beats the iphone.

Android out of the box hands down is better than the iphone in almost every way. The only thing the iphone has over other phones is the apps (most of which are useless), some are good.

I don't really know what you're talking about with the whole ipod thing, I'd rather have a zune or sandisk because at least that way I'm not paying twice the price because it has an apple symbol on it. I-tunes pretty much blows and I wouldn't use it if I got paid (well, maybe if I got paid like $500 a month I would) not only because of the crappy bitrates, constant annoying updates, slow laggy run, proprietary garbage syncing, etc... but also the insane memory and resource usage.

you state things as "fact" that are just your opinion, we get it, you live and die with Apple, you're hard-core apple lover to the bone, that's cool man, it's all gravy, you have that right and you're somewhat knowledgeable enough to make your points.

I don't know of anyone who "customizes to look like an iphone" their wm rig except as a gimmick today screen to show that it can be done and that WM devices are superior because you can change the UI in so many ways.

It's cool, sit back, relax, have a nice cold glass of Shiner (some good beer I tell you what). Some people like the iphone, some people don't.

Do you want an easy UI with thousands of "fun" apps that syncs with itunes and retains its resale value or do you want an insurable, customizable, phone maybe with a real keyboard, maybe if you want to change the UI or not be stuck on a POS overcharging network (unless you unlock it)?

all opinion, I'll stick with WM and check out android, maybe I'll pick up a worm out 3G iphone to play around with and such,
see, the thing is.. i never was or will be a die hard apple fan, im just being honest (something people apparently dont like to hear.. which is the truth). though it may be an opinion and also about preference, the bottom line is the majority will show which is a more reliable device. dont call me a fanboy or criticize me with your witty comments, im only stating whats been proven. when i said "facts" im going based off of articles and stats, meaning the majority of people use an ipod as their mp3 player, and its even more funny how an iphone isnt really a smartphone per sae, but it leads in smartphone sales as well.. win mobile is only a small fraction of the pie. and like i mentioned before (in case you hadnt read it) ive been a dedicated win mobile user for years- thus why im a member of this site an have been for a few years now. but I (unlike most of you) have had the opportunity to own both a touchpro 2 and an iphone and compare them side by side for a month. and yes, at first it was my tp2 90 percent of the time.. but slowly and surely over time it completely swapped. ive used plenty of android handsets and recently dealt with the droid, which is a good phone btw... but it really isnt as great as people say it is. it definately has a lot of room for improvement, and it still has its laggy moments. regardless on your personal preference on a phone, the thread is about why people HATE the iphone.. which what my whole point has been about since my first post. and like i said, there isnt any reason to hate the thing, people get frustrated and annoyed because its so commonly referred to when reviewing a phone, but its because it really did change the way devices are made and overall experience. the concept of hating the phone because its so popular is pretty childish imo. especially when it leads in sales compared to any other phone.. i mean honestly, it cant be that bad if its the most popular phone on earth, and people are unlocking them just to have it on their carrier, and verizon users are just waiting for the day it would be available to their network. you have to understand, this is a biased community, and of course the majority of you- well us, would prefer to have a win mobile phone over an iphone.. if that wasnt the point i doubt this site would even be what it is. but again, we should realize that there are other good things available and give credit where it is due. hating the iphone just because its so successful or because it cant be customized isnt a justifiable reason. and if we really wanted to get into the customization debate, then a jailbroken iphone head to head with a win mobile phone with a customized rom has the same outcome. when you say things like you wouldnt use itunes unless you were paid 500 bucks a month says a lot about how serious you took the point i was trying to say. but honestly, if it were that horrible why is it so popular and completely running the market?? everyone has a personal preference, but i know if i preferred something other than what the rest of the world wanted.. i wouldnt hate the other product simply because of that alone. i mean, it cant be that bad right? how about someone answer the original question and tell me why they hate the iphone, and im talking about from personal experience.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
see, the thing is.. i never was or will be a die hard apple fan, im just being honest (something people apparently dont like to hear.. which is the truth).

true, apple has better marketing, and true, most people don't want to have to modify and customize their device they just want an out of the box ipod with apps and a phone.

Just because a lot of people bought it doesn't make it "better" than winmo, I mean "most" voters elected the prez and well...

you're being honest from your point of view, which I can respect, but the iphone being any "better" is an opinion. Using the fact that more people have an iphone doesn't mean it's a better device, some might argue it's proof of the social degeneration. If you made a pie graph of average IQ of iphone user and compare it with average IQ of winmo user I think it might be skewed. (and when I say average I don't mean people like you because people who jailbreak, unlock, and utilize the full device is in the minority).

I could give countless examples when "most people think this..." and it was basically a good marketing ploy exploiting people's desire to be lazy and cool. I like Steve Jobs and I think Apple is a very genius enterprise, but the iphone has too many flaws to be considered objectively better.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
true, apple has better marketing, and true, most people don't want to have to modify and customize their device they just want an out of the box ipod with apps and a phone.

Just because a lot of people bought it doesn't make it "better" than winmo, I mean "most" voters elected the prez and well...

you're being honest from your point of view, which I can respect, but the iphone being any "better" is an opinion. Using the fact that more people have an iphone doesn't mean it's a better device, some might argue it's proof of the social degeneration. If you made a pie graph of average IQ of iphone user and compare it with average IQ of winmo user I think it might be skewed. (and when I say average I don't mean people like you because people who jailbreak, unlock, and utilize the full device is in the minority).

I could give countless examples when "most people think this..." and it was basically a good marketing ploy exploiting people's desire to be lazy and cool. I like Steve Jobs and I think Apple is a very genius enterprise, but the iphone has too many flaws to be considered objectively better.

True. If sales made a device better than another, the Motorola Razr would still be the best phone in the whole wide world...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

where did i say the iphone was better? if anything i said the ipod on the iphone is better, which im sorry.. it kinda is (im not going to go into all the docks and accessories made specifically for it at bestbuy/walmart/ect. to support the majority of the market- who owns ipods btw). but ok, call it an opinion (riiiiiiight). anyway, im basing my points off of the fact that there wasnt a reason to hate the phone. we can debate on and on about how you or others may feel something isnt the case, but when the mass majority is slewed in one direction, you cant sit there and say from a selling standpoint, that its a more productive device- not to say im really referring to sales. but think about it, you yourself mentioned how apple has flaws... but what does that say about microsoft?????? i mean, microsoft felt that the stock version of win mobile was marketable. everything you do to your phone was a mod by another geek- not microsoft. if it were up to microsoft im sure this wouldnt even be a debate. so lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. you cant compare a modded win mobile phone to a stock iphone (an even when you do its still can go back an forth). but if you compare what microsoft felt was "what users want" compared to what apple's concept has been.. its a totally different story. its like you would compare a modded xbox with a modded controller to a stock ps3, when a ps3 offers way more out of the box compared to microsoft anyway. idk, the more i try to justify what i mean, the less i feel you all understand where im coming from
Old 01-29-2010, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Do you need iTunes to put music on an iphone? If so my phone still wins as my choice for a music player. It's not that I have a problem with apple. I do my research and get whats best for my needs. Also I don't want to be associated with the smug and uninformed apple fans. They say things like "It doesn't get viruses," "It's faster," "It doesn't freeze," or the simple, "It's better." Yet my experience has proven the exact opposite. Other products fit my needs much better, but apple fans still insist that I should switch. It gets annoying. If they make a product that suits my needs better, then I'll buy it.

On another note:
So it's been what? 3 iphones that have been released and they all look the same. Now the ipad was released and what does it look like? I thought apple was all about thinking outside the box and being different and creative. What happened to that?
Add that I can get a netbook with a lot more storage, just as long battery life, webcam, an actual keyboard as well as better browsing plus can use it on any network and it's cheaper, but Steve Jobs says his ipad is a better choice. I for one fail to see what's so great about it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions