PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Just want to put my 2 cents in...
After years of Windows Mobile, I switched to an iPhone 3GS a month ago.

I agree with AT&T making it almost not worth it...they are such turds and they do make it annoying.

However, having said that...I like the iphone. Someone made a comment about it appealing to "not so tech savvy people". TRUST me...I am as tech savvy as they come, and when you jailbreak an iphone...there is alot you can do with it.

Both winmo and iphone have their ups and downs. but now that I have been a user of both....I can honestly say that fanboys on both sides give both platforms too much crap. The iphone is nowhere near as bad and "crippled" as most WinMo people would have you believe, while similarly....apple fanboys trash windows mobile left and right, when I think its actually a damn powerful OS. The problem with WinMo is it never really had the hardware to utilize its full potential...and the problem with the iphone is apple trying too hard to lock it down.

either way you look at it....I love them both...the reason i now have an iphone is because i wanted a change, and something new to mess around with. Contrary to popular belief...it doesnt get boring after a week, and I have no yet found one thing I wanted to do on WinMo that I cant do on iphone. I could give a rats @$$ about flash support...because for whatever videos you want to see in flash format (pardon the pun) theres an app for that

Everyone needs to realize that each has its ups and downs. Iphone runs much more smoothly, consistantly, and reliably. Noone will ever change my mind on that...I have used several WinMo devices with all the roms out there...NONE of them match the iphones stability.

HOWEVER...NOTHING beats WinMos customability and flexibility.

So, to end my rambling.....they are both good platforms, and people need to stop trying to trash the other. Wonderful thing, this country...you can spend your money on what YOU want, rather than what a bunch of retarded fanboys want you to buy.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

I still think my argument about apple abusing the capitalist system wins...I guess both OS'es are good, but Apple sucks as a company, the end. No wait...damn... WM sucks arse for updates...I guess both companies suck. (Draw?)

Also, customization ftw, because I dont want to have the same phone as anyone else, and Im pretty happy with the speed im getting from my current rom, I could care less if the iPhone loads stuff .8 seconds faster..
Old 09-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisk View Post
I still think my argument about apple abusing the capitalist system wins...I guess both OS'es are good, but Apple sucks as a company, the end. No wait...damn... WM sucks arse for updates...I guess both companies suck. (Draw?)

Also, customization ftw, because I dont want to have the same phone as anyone else, and Im pretty happy with the speed im getting from my current rom, I could care less if the iPhone loads stuff .8 seconds faster..

you're still not getting it. You CAN customize an iphone....thats the point of jailbreaking....you can completley customize it, just like WinMo...you can customize wallpapers, icons, layout, sounds, and even put different UI's on it. God...I am really sick of the misinformation spreading around about the iphone. Lets be fair to both OS's and state the truth here people.

Edit: I will say tho WinMo allows greater flexibility with customization out of the box, while an iPhone requires a jailbreak. So in that sense, I can see your point.

Last edited by DaPeeps; 09-27-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

LMFAO!
I've already listed my reasons for dislike apple...and having an iphone it gets worse and worse =/
the games graphics are fantastic, but if I play for longer than an hour or two my game lags and I have to shut down and start again...
SO iphone lag much worse than winmo
memory management isn't all that for "true" multi tasking
Old 09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Just as many people (I would think) dislike Windows Mobile as dislike the iPhone. Just as there are many people who dislike Symbian, Andriod, Blackberry, etc.

One thing I have to admit though, is that the iPhone definitely raised the bar for everyone. Out of the box, it was fairly easy to operate and the safari mobile web-browser was done extremely well.

The entry of Apple into the mobile market was great for the consumers. We now have more choices and BETTER choices than ever before!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
you're still not getting it. You CAN customize an iphone....thats the point of jailbreaking....you can completley customize it, just like WinMo...you can customize wallpapers, icons, layout, sounds, and even put different UI's on it. God...I am really sick of the misinformation spreading around about the iphone. Lets be fair to both OS's and state the truth here people.

Edit: I will say tho WinMo allows greater flexibility with customization out of the box, while an iPhone requires a jailbreak. So in that sense, I can see your point.
That was my point, and I know its customizable. But if apple doesn't allow you to customize their products, which is fact IS customizable, I don't see the point in giving them my precious money. Why limit such great things to users? Again - so they can make money off the app store. Which again is an example of their horrible buisness logic - which I truly hate.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisk View Post
That was my point, and I know its customizable. But if apple doesn't allow you to customize their products, which is fact IS customizable, I don't see the point in giving them my precious money. Why limit such great things to users? Again - so they can make money off the app store. Which again is an example of their horrible buisness logic - which I truly hate.

LOL you're about to see Microsoft engage in an app store of their own...so I would reserve judgment untill you see how they operate their store.

And please....WinMo devices wouldn't be near as good as they are now without custom Roms and hacks....its not like the devices are awesome out of box. This entire website is devoted to changing/tweaking the OS in ways Microsoft didn't intend. BOTH OS's require tweaking to get them to where they should be. They BOTH require some research and work to get them to show their max potential.

Last edited by DaPeeps; 09-28-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Sorry if that last post sounded arrogant or snooty....didnt mean it to. Its just early in the morning
Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

My 2 cents:
I have owned WinMo phones and now currently own an iPhone.
WHich do I like better? I actually like them the same, love them both. There are things about each that are better than the other.
WinMo: easier to customize out of the box.
iPhone: Need to jailbreak it to get any decent customization, but once it's jailbroken.
WinMo: Still need a stylus for alot of navigation of the device.
iPhone: all finger friendly
WinMo: Not many updates put out my Microsoft.
iPhone: contanst updates put out by Apple
WinMo: sometimes it's difficult to find a certain application.
iPhone: basically all apps housed at the app store.

What it comes down to is that both OSes are great (specially with some personalized tweaking), but each one will be for some people and not for others. What people are comfortable with and like, that's what they should use.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions