PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Sprint Motorola Photon 4G Will Have A Locked Bootloader

I guess I can rule this one out as a possible upgrade...\

Sprint and Motorola announced the Motorola Photon 4G yesterday and there were some initial hopes for an unlocked bootloader according to reports based on a reps unofficial statement. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Reaching out directly to Motorola with a question regarding the Photon 4G bootloader, -life got the following, this time official statement: "Motorola has recognized the passion around this topic in our communities. As we’ve previously communicated, it is our intention to include the unlockable/relockable bootloader in software releases starting in late 2011, where operator and channel partners will allow it. However, this feature is not included in the found on PHOTON 4G."

Getting back for more exact details, the answer was that "it will not contain the unlockable/relockable feature; additional details beyond that will be available when the product comes to market". The Photon 4G has a 4.3-inch qHD display, dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM and it will not have an unlockable/relockable bootloader but fingers crossed the security won't be a strict one and that it will eventually be bypassed.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 06-10-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01
Re: The Sprint Motorola Photon 4G Will Have A Locked Bootloader

Has a lot of potential, which is why this is so disappointing.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

This is coming July 31st. Any jumpers?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

I'm caught between the Photon and the Evo 3D... decisions, decisions, decisions
Old 07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

not like it wont get unlocked plus you always can return it with in 30days, 3d still locked.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

True, that's why I am patient at the moment. I would like a better price, which they're both looking decent and unlocked. I can manage with my Evo the way I have it currently set
Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
True, that's why I am patient at the moment. I would like a better price, which they're both looking decent and unlocked. I can manage with my Evo the way I have it currently set
may wanna wait till thanksgiving.

Nexus Prime Is Google's Next Flagship Superphone; 1.5 GHz, Super AMOLED HD Display And Android Ice Cream Sandwich [REPORT] | Redmond Pie
Old 07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

That may be a possibility... Black Friday. Could be the perfect time.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
That may be a possibility... Black Friday. Could be the perfect time.
thats a beast of a phone, too many choices but that sold me.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
thats a beast of a phone, too many choices but that sold me.
Something about Super Amoled HD makes me warm and fuzzy inside..
How about a 5 inch display, that would be personally my ideal size.

This direct quote comes courtesy of a source from BGR, who estimated the phone's display to be between four and 4.7-inches.
There’s not much monster-sized about a four-inch display. That’s pretty much standard for a high-end smartphone these days. But we can’t see Google going for a 4.7-inch number that almost takes it into tablet territory.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/...prime_rumours/

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion