View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Hypnotic2010
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Sprint Motorola Photon 4G Will Have A Locked Bootloader

I guess I can rule this one out as a possible upgrade...\

Sprint and Motorola announced the Motorola Photon 4G yesterday and there were some initial hopes for an unlocked bootloader according to reports based on a reps unofficial statement. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Reaching out directly to Motorola with a question regarding the Photon 4G bootloader, -life got the following, this time official statement: "Motorola has recognized the passion around this topic in our communities. As we’ve previously communicated, it is our intention to include the unlockable/relockable bootloader in software releases starting in late 2011, where operator and channel partners will allow it. However, this feature is not included in the found on PHOTON 4G."

Getting back for more exact details, the answer was that "it will not contain the unlockable/relockable feature; additional details beyond that will be available when the product comes to market". The Photon 4G has a 4.3-inch qHD display, dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM and it will not have an unlockable/relockable bootloader but fingers crossed the security won't be a strict one and that it will eventually be bypassed.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 06-10-2011 at 10:46 AM.