PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte
Carrier: Sprint

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Marketplace APPS Missing....Google being sneaky???

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
My theory has just been that some of the apps arnt properly functioning with the Evo and are being revamped. Everytime something new comes out bugs need to be worked out. Just figured this was the case. I doubt google would want this device un-rootable. Maybe Sprint would and thats causing issues. But even as shady as google is right now isnt the time to turn the tide on rootable devices. If that time comes you are garenteed its because google has dominated its competition and can now do whatever the F it wants. Google loves to make money and we will undoubtedly suffer in some way. How far off that is is hard to tell so dont get your panties bunched up yet.
HUH, I'm lost now...
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nah, the same apps missing on my rooted EVO are missing on my friends unrooted moment. we were both looking for the nba gametime widget, and teh fandango app. both just randomly disappeared. Pretty sure ur user access info isnt exchanged with teh market place, just ur history of app youve downloaded.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nunya
Carrier: bidness

paustin is a n00b

I believe that you folks may be a bit mistaken. I just tried to download the LogMeIn application, 'Ignition'. I was unable to locate it. The Market kept telling me that it did not exist.

I sent email to to LogMeIn and had an exchange with Amanda Petrosino <Amanda.Petrosino@logmein.com>

She first thought that the issue was a regional one.
"Currently, paid apps are only available in certain international markets...If you are located outside of these countries, unfortunately you will not be able to use Ignition for Android"

Then after a few more emails, I noted that I was rooted, and she responded with,
"Well, Google has guidelines on what apps will show if the phone is rooted and the app is copy protected (which ours is). Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do to mitigate this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I believe absolutely that Google is punishing for rooting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Market will not show apps for rooted phones. Google punishing for rooting.

I can see logmein just fine and I am rooted
Old 07-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

uh, i just foudn the logmein ignition app for 29.99 in the market. and i'm fully rooted. sidenote. when searching for "logmein" it also found mybooty unlimited app lol wtf?

Last edited by tool2269; 07-16-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you full rooted and how are you rooted?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How come there are two threads about this?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Say it ain't so Google....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by paustin View Post
I believe that you folks may be a bit mistaken. I just tried to download the LogMeIn application, 'Ignition'. I was unable to locate it. The Market kept telling me that it did not exist.

I sent email to to LogMeIn and had an exchange with Amanda Petrosino <Amanda.Petrosino@logmein.com>

She first thought that the issue was a regional one.
"Currently, paid apps are only available in certain international markets...If you are located outside of these countries, unfortunately you will not be able to use Ignition for Android"

Then after a few more emails, I noted that I was rooted, and she responded with,
"Well, Google has guidelines on what apps will show if the phone is rooted and the app is copy protected (which ours is). Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do to mitigate this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I believe absolutely that Google is punishing for rooting.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Verizon

cataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cataclysm13 Send a message via Yahoo to cataclysm13

I am rooted and downloaded LogMeIn Ignition from the marketplace earlier today without an issue.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

it could also be the version of market you have? i had rom w/ a different version of market and it wouldnt show my d'l apps or paid apps. then i used my backup program to overwrite the market app and got them all back

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
evo, market, root