PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Carrier: metropcs

dodgedak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RaiderROM! REALVGA*** WM 6.5.3 23569 5/10/2010

Thank you, the RINGER works ... yeah
realvga is coool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 View Post
Okay guys here is a 6.5.5 Release Build 23569 With realVGA Resource Pack Cooked In! TESTED AND WORKING for SPRINT

THANK YOU: Cfay, Acidhax (OEM, packages), IconGene, WelRope, Calkulin, Zevot, Mighty Mike and XDA folks!

Code:
Included:

-Adobe PDF
-Bing WM6
-Facebook
-MarketPlace 1.2.1422
-OperaMini 5
-MyPhone 1.6
-Sprint Football Live
-Total Commander
-YouTube 2.4
-Google Maps 4.1
-Office 2010
Instructions:
1. Flash Phone
2.After Phone Boots Go Into "RealVGA" in Start menu and change to 96dpi(pic below)
3. Change Theme to PureBlack (attatched Condor Works good too)
4. Pic A Cool Wallpaper (i like to use VGA ones not 320x320)

****Ringer Update Attached
****ICSenable Attached for INT Sharing
****Install Ringer Update AFTER you have swithced to 96DPI
DOWNLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7HDZBVTZ
Old 05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PAPutzback is just getting started

I did have some issues installing this. After the rom update went thru and the phone had rebooted I could see a small strip of orange across the top, then the black background with the slide lock. Nothing I did gave me access to the slide lock so I rebooted.
After the reboot the orange strip was gone but I could still not access the slide-lock. I finally figured out that I had to swipe through the clock area and the layout was backwards, i.e. I had to slide left and the slide lock moved right. Once I got that figured out I was able to tap the screen. then when I was calibrating the screen would occasionally go white, then show multiple cross hairs. I kept tapping and finally got it thru. Now I am installing home-screen customizer so I can get my weather on the homepage.

I also did not need to install the ringer update. Or is that an issue I'll run into when I change something.

Last edited by PAPutzback; 05-11-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Install notes
Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPutzback View Post
I did have some issues installing this. After the rom update went thru and the phone had rebooted I could see a small strip of orange across the top, then the black background with the slide lock. Nothing I did gave me access to the slide lock so I rebooted.
After the reboot the orange strip was gone but I could still not access the slide-lock. I finally figured out that I had to swipe through the clock area and the layout was backwards, i.e. I had to slide left and the slide lock moved right. Once I got that figured out I was able to tap the screen. then when I was calibrating the screen would occasionally go white, then show multiple cross hairs. I kept tapping and finally got it thru. Now I am installing home-screen customizer so I can get my weather on the homepage.

I also did not need to install the ringer update. Or is that an issue I'll run into when I change something.
I would recommend doing a hard reset of your phone sir (hold red button and restart phone), I had the lock screen thing happen to me but after a hard reset everything went smooth. And home screen customizer should not be needed anymore to remove blank line at the bottom of the screen. The ringer update is needed by most people, but hey if your calls make noise without it cool but i would install it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

PAPutzback is just getting started

I am using the home screen customizer to get weather back on the home screen. I found out that you can't use it to add an apps bar, I guess it is because there aren't 96dpi icons for some of the apps I want to use. e.g. Netflix, Google, Skyfire. The only icon that would show up was Bing. I also have to do a soft reset before using ICS. Otherwise it just hangs on "Waiting for Network"
Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPutzback View Post
I also have to do a soft reset before using ICS. Otherwise it just hangs on "Waiting for Network"
have u tried changing the usb to pc setting?
also, i installed the ICSenable cab.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ya i use wmwifirouter if i need to tether but i would install the ICSenable .cab, as far as the applications panel i dont know, it never works for me without realvga even
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

sshanky is a n00b

Hi! I love this rom, but for one thing -- I wish the keypad locked while I was on the phone. I have tried both the lock program included (LockDeviceGUI) and SmartLock, but neither seems to work for me. There was another ROM that I tried, I think it's MightyRom, that seemed to have the lock implemented properly (you can tell because there is a big "Unlock" button on the phone screen during a call, just like the old 6.1 version had) but it kept crashing the phone. Does anyone know how to get this to work? What do you guys do? Just keep the phone away from your face while talking?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshanky View Post
Hi! I love this rom, but for one thing -- I wish the keypad locked while I was on the phone. I have tried both the lock program included (LockDeviceGUI) and SmartLock, but neither seems to work for me. There was another ROM that I tried, I think it's MightyRom, that seemed to have the lock implemented properly (you can tell because there is a big "Unlock" button on the phone screen during a call, just like the old 6.1 version had) but it kept crashing the phone. Does anyone know how to get this to work? What do you guys do? Just keep the phone away from your face while talking?
lol i guess if you have a problem thats not too bad of one. I do not use this ROM personally (i like 6.5) but have you tried S2U2 (slide 2 unlock 2) its seems to be popular. if not u can look for a .cab for "palm keyguard" thats the lock app your really wanting with the keyguard, but also remember that if u disable the phone canvas the screen wont lock with the palm keyguard
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

sshanky is a n00b

Hi! I loved this rom, but the only problem for me was that the screen doesn't lock during calls. I tried both of the other locking programs but they didn't function properly, either locking the phone all the time requiring pin entry, or not locking at all. I switched back to MightyRom this morning and it has the locking functionality built into the phone -- no accidental face taps -- but I miss lots of RaiderRom features:
- realvga
- youtube
- cool battery meter with %
- ESPECIALLY: threaded emails and email previews

What to do?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshanky View Post
Hi! I loved this rom, but the only problem for me was that the screen doesn't lock during calls. I tried both of the other locking programs but they didn't function properly, either locking the phone all the time requiring pin entry, or not locking at all. I switched back to MightyRom this morning and it has the locking functionality built into the phone -- no accidental face taps -- but I miss lots of RaiderRom features:
- realvga
- youtube
- cool battery meter with %
- ESPECIALLY: threaded emails and email previews

What to do?
i sent u a PM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development