PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Are you adding anything to the kitchen? Have you ran the kitchen with "Warn on Overwrite" checked? This should help you find the culprit if any files are getting overwritten.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganlowe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Okay, this is really starting to get very, very frustrating. The last 3 versions of the kitchen have all given me this error after the platform rebuilder stops working:

XIP: xip.bin not found!
XIP not Inserted!

I have made no changes to the ROM files at all. Can someone please give me sime guidance on what is going wrong here????

What OS? In vista and 7 you cant have the kitchen on c:\ [the root] It must be in your my docs or user file space. Also, you may have to run it as admin. Even with UAC off windows is weird as hell about it. - Vista, and it's in it's own folder in my user account.

Also, try right clicking on the folder where the kitchen is, hit properties [how cow! 21gb of touch pro 2 crap!] Go to the security tab and click your user, every box under security should be checked except special permissions. If its not press the edit button and make the changes. - Everything is set correctly

With XP make sure you have .net 3.5 and all the updates that go with it, its downloadable from windows update if you do a custom update.

To be sure the download is good, get an md5 checker and this is the hash from the 1.6 beta 2 that I downloaded and works: A158A0466E729E085D9CBCD5C512A9FE
I'll try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Are you adding anything to the kitchen? Have you ran the kitchen with "Warn on Overwrite" checked? This should help you find the culprit if any files are getting overwritten.
I have added my mods to the ext base. Trying that now...

Could it be that I have too many modules? Not something I ever ran into on my old Diamond, but the TP2 seems to have a lot more stuff with it...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 AM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Here is the latest error message...

XIP not Inserted!
ERROR! (errorlevel: -2146234327)

ERROR executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat

ERROR!!!
Wait some seconds...

No ''SVN'' folders present...

Restored Original config.txt...
Temp config.txt Deleted!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

CrusherJoe is just getting started
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Things look good on 1.5 beta 2 EXCEPT that bluetooth file tranfer using OBEX still doesn't work.

Anyone able to get BT files tranfers from your pc to you phone on 6.5.3/2.5/23518?

If so what did you do to get it to work?

Thanx
OK I know this post is ancient by PPCGeeks standards but I never saw anyone answer this, and I went through the same ordeal trying to get my phone to receive files via BT, and was getting the same "obex service is not installed or isn't working" error on my laptop when it was fail trying to send files to the phone.

Crazy thing is, the answer was oh-so-very obvious...in the Bluetooth control applet, under "Advanced..." there should be an option "Beam Data Exchange". Tap that and you'll get a checkbox labelled "Allow this device to receive beam data". Hit next and you'll be prompted for "My business card" info, which I left set for <None>. Hit "Done" and you're...well...done.

After making that change, Bluetooth file transfers to my TP2 have been working perfectly, exactly as I want them to. For the record I'm running a 23534 ROM built with Calk's v1.6 B2 kitchen.

Hope this helps if you haven't had any kind of answer previously...

Last edited by CrusherJoe; 02-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, this is really starting to get very, very frustrating. The last 3 versions of the kitchen have all given me this error after the platform rebuilder stops working:

XIP not Inserted!

I have made no changes to the ROM files at all. Can someone please give me sime guidance on what is going wrong here????

What OS? In vista and 7 you cant have the kitchen on c:\ [the root] It must be in your my docs or user file space. Also, you may have to run it as admin. Even with UAC off windows is weird as hell about it. - Vista, and it's in it's own folder in my user account.

Also, try right clicking on the folder where the kitchen is, hit properties [how cow! 21gb of touch pro 2 crap!] Go to the security tab and click your user, every box under security should be checked except special permissions. If its not press the edit button and make the changes. - Everything is set correctly

With XP make sure you have .net 3.5 and all the updates that go with it, its downloadable from windows update if you do a custom update.

To be sure the download is good, get an md5 checker and this is the hash from the 1.6 beta 2 that I downloaded and works: A158A0466E729E085D9CBCD5C512A9FE
I'll try that

Quote:

Could it be that I have too many modules? Not something I ever ran into on my old Diamond, but the TP2 seems to have a lot more stuff with it...
What are you naming it under device ID or Rom ver? Are you leaving it default?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

XIP not Inserted!

I'll try that

Quote:

Left both at the default
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

XIP not Inserted!

I'll try that

Quote:

Left both at the default

If you check "warn on overwrite" and then click build, followed by choosing no at continue. it should then pop up a editor with the files that are to be overwritten. You may even have to click cancel to get this screen. If you already did this, what did it say? Also, how many packages are being loaded?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Also, what build are you using? Have you tried reselecting the build/sys/xip from the drop down? Also, have you tried building it with another sys/xip but same choices? What carrier are you choosing? generic or Sprint?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:53 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
If you check "warn on overwrite" and then click build, followed by choosing no at continue. it should then pop up a editor with the files that are to be overwritten. You may even have to click cancel to get this screen. If you already did this, what did it say? Also, how many packages are being loaded?
Check this screen shot...

543 Modules. 21892
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (14.0 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 02-20-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Quote:
Check this screen shot...

543 Modules. 21892
Is there any way to make the screenshot a little bigger, I cant see it even with my res set at 800x600! Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development