View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 AM
welrope
VIP Member

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganlowe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Okay, this is really starting to get very, very frustrating. The last 3 versions of the kitchen have all given me this error after the platform rebuilder stops working:

XIP: xip.bin not found!
XIP not Inserted!

I have made no changes to the ROM files at all. Can someone please give me sime guidance on what is going wrong here????

What OS? In vista and 7 you cant have the kitchen on c:\ [the root] It must be in your my docs or user file space. Also, you may have to run it as admin. Even with UAC off windows is weird as hell about it. - Vista, and it's in it's own folder in my user account.

Also, try right clicking on the folder where the kitchen is, hit properties [how cow! 21gb of touch pro 2 crap!] Go to the security tab and click your user, every box under security should be checked except special permissions. If its not press the edit button and make the changes. - Everything is set correctly

With XP make sure you have .net 3.5 and all the updates that go with it, its downloadable from windows update if you do a custom update.

To be sure the download is good, get an md5 checker and this is the hash from the 1.6 beta 2 that I downloaded and works: A158A0466E729E085D9CBCD5C512A9FE
I'll try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Are you adding anything to the kitchen? Have you ran the kitchen with "Warn on Overwrite" checked? This should help you find the culprit if any files are getting overwritten.
I have added my mods to the ext base. Trying that now...

Could it be that I have too many modules? Not something I ever ran into on my old Diamond, but the TP2 seems to have a lot more stuff with it...
What are you naming it under device ID or Rom ver? Are you leaving it default?
This post has been thanked 1 times.