PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
After making the oem, you have to add the folder name to the \EXT\Shared\Packages.txt or else the oem will not show up. Also, the clock fix does work for me in the 2.1 manila. It doesnt work on 2.5
at what point in time did you install the clock fix??

the oem showed up in the kitchen...but it wasn't in the device after the flash...but I'll try and do that and see if it works good...

Old 11-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post

the oem showed up in the kitchen...but it wasn't in the device after the flash...but I'll try and do that and see if it works good...
as far as the clock fix, I did it as a post install. I did not turn the cab into an oem. The way I did it was I placed apristel_FlipClockFix.cab into the OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC folder. Then I added the text:

CAB: \Windows\apristel_FlipClockFix.cab to EXT\Touch_Pro2\Common\Packages\Carrier - Sprint\files\config_operator.txt

That will give you a post install
Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post

To find the QuickGPS, look in the tools folder in the start menu.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I finally got JMZ's carrier provisioning to work the way I want, so I will be updating to kitchen & ROMs again soon
Did this get updated? Just got home and downloaded and not sure if its the same or not. is there a change log I am missing?

Thanks again
Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Almost a VIP

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
Did this get updated? Just got home and downloaded and not sure if its the same or not. is there a change log I am missing?

Thanks again
Nope, it's the same from this morning. I think he'll be updating it shortly now that he got the jmz provisioning working to his liking.

Last edited by rose1; 11-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post

Thanks again

Not yet as I'm hoping Chainfire will release the updated cfc gui so I can CFC compress Manila 2.5 and release the updated kitchen with both but if you want the carrier folder, here it is, just delete the Generic one in the EXT\TP2\Common folder
Attached Files
File Type: rar Carrier - All.rar (5.12 MB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Calkulin; 11-10-2009 at 08:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

I was having an issue with 3g going to 1X all the time.

I flashed to Calkulin's Rom and now I have 3g (icon shows EV) all the time and at minimum 2 bars. Before, it would swith to 1x. Now Opera, YouTube etc are very fast.

I have a Verizon TP2 but settings are for Spint. I only did the #228 and option 2. I even have more bars on the phone connection.

I am not a Chef, but it has got to be some settings that Verizon sets by default that causes this. Now, I am not sure if I should try other ROMS and loose this. I live in a very rural area but now all is well with 3G and signal strength. I am using the 23506 build.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Not yet as I'm hoping Chainfire will release the updated cfc gui so I can CFC compress Manila 2.5 and release the updated kitchen with both but if you want the carrier folder, here it is, just delete the Generic one in the EXT\TP2\Common folder
Hey calkulin, don't forget on your next release to remove your groovefish oem and replace it with

Applications - GrooveFish 0.3.2.rar

Groovefish servers have been updated recently and this oem has the update
Old 11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

warxhead is a n00b

I know this may be a stupid question, but does this work in landscape? Because what I've heard from 2.5 as it doesn't? But I'm very unsure, thanks!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warxhead View Post
I know this may be a stupid question, but does this work in landscape? Because what I've heard from 2.5 as it doesn't? But I'm very unsure, thanks!
First off, there's no such thing as a stupid question.....As far as I know, NONE of the 2.5 manilas work on landscape as it was designed for devices without keyboards
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development