PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiago957 View Post
This is the only ROM I've come across that enables the use of VVM for Verizon users without either getting the server connection error message and/or the funky text messages. Anyone know the secret to this? Thanks
I would assume because of the verizon provisioning Calkulin uses. I think he has refined it.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Can anyone help out I have a download of the leaked leo test rom's ext packages but they are in a different format than Calks EXT's. These have DSMs (his dont) and his have reg + Files folder and the 409 seems to be mixed in as his package does not have a 409 folder but the mui file in the main files folder. Do I need to do anything to these EXTs or do I just drop them in with the other EXT's in the kitchen...
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

I'm running kitchen 1.51, with manila 2011 build 21891. I'm trying to figure out how to insert a custom start icon with absolutley no luck. I have the shellres.192.dll that I want to replace, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can't even get it to work with a cab after flashing. The system won't even let me rename shellres with total commander.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i'm trying to clean up this messy start menu. i can't find where camera, camcorder, comm manager, phone, contacts, calender, and lots of other stuff are created from so i can edit their app.dat files and change folders they default to.

anyone have any ideas?
open up in the kitchen initflashfiles.dat editor. you will see each one there

or follow this path:
\OEM\Touch_Pro2\0409\OEM_Lang_0409 and open up the initflashfiles.dat

the easiest way is through the kitchen, which i have learned to use and love!
So you're using the Notepad2 prog in the kitchen? I downloaded Superedi but my phone becomes stuck on bootup when I edit initflashfiles.dat with it.
I guess I'll try Notepad2 if it works for you.
I use Notepad++ outside of the kitchen.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 AM
N00b
Carrier: venison

1900 is becoming a great contributor

Calk: A couple of build notes/issues from 1.6b2

building 28230/2.5/verizon - then run spb (installed not burned)

Number one!
The last time I had an 'easy' time applying my ROM was 1.4 (of course that was when the VZW carrier was a problem and gave country code issuess on the 1st boot) 1.51 and 1.6x have force me to switch phones (to get the network to trust my TP2 ESN) and ##778# to set the data params to my number@vzw3g.com

The password into the connection UI is NEVER enough.

The only things I can think have cause the issues are
1) unlocking the GSM and applying the Olipro 2.23
2) running android (1/25 95civic builds)

Number 2:
If i use the htc notification enhancements with 28230 s2u2 gets an empty appointment which never clears. (ie: click on the clock and accespt the popup ... repeat)

once i pull the enhancements the phantom went away. I actually like the enhancements for the ONE feature where the text of appointments shows up in the dialer window. (i like NOthing else about the enhancements )

Number3:
Google Maps is not tower locking. The gps is working great so i have an even better location within 25sec but i noticed the feature is not around. I assume its more with the 2012 manila... I burn in 2.5manila and then 'hardly' never use it - i install and run spb 3.5.3 and sense stuff on top for my UI
Old 02-21-2010, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post

but the rapid charge is mainly for when charging via USB on the puter.

when you charge with the a/c adapter its gonna charge at the same rate with or without the rapid charge. 900ish mah
Um, that's incorrect.
OK, I take it back. From this post by the developer of FastCharge: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...Questions.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem
Some FastCharge Questions

by no2chem 4. April 2009 08:13 Some people asked some interesting questions about FastCharge and I will answer them here:

Will FastCharge damage or reduce my battery life?
No, not more than if you plugged your phone into the charger it came with. The stock battery driver will try to determine if the phone is plugged into USB or a real charger, if it is plugged into USB it limits the charge draw to 500mA in order to adhere to USB standards. If it is plugged into the stock charger, it will draw the full 900mA. FastCharge (when enabled) forces the battery to charge at 900mA no matter what its plugged into.

I have FastCharge enabled, but nuePowerCPL is only showing ~500mA charge rate!
This is because you are approaching 80%-100% charge. In order to safely charge a Lithium Ion battery, the rate of charge has to be regulated carefully based on several parameters, including temperature and current level. FastCharge increases the MAXIMUM charge rate only. Between 0-80% though, you are likely to notice a difference.

No matter what I do, I can only get a 500mA charge rate
As shaggylive noted, some USB hubs and hosts regulate the maximum current, so you might just try using another USB hub / host.

It doesn't really matter in the end. I took out rapid charge. I did loose the 1% increment thing but not the end of the world. Even if its not the charge voltage it may just be something else in the program. I'm gonna continue to run without it. The battery just seems better to me and in the end its my ROM that's whats great about cooking yourself.

Droidrox39
Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

when you charge with the a/c adapter its gonna charge at the same rate with or without the rapid charge. 900ish mah
Um, that's incorrect.
OK, I take it back. From this post by the developer of FastCharge: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...Questions.aspx

Quote:

by no2chem 4. April 2009 08:13 Some people asked some interesting questions about FastCharge and I will answer them here:

No, not more than if you plugged your phone into the charger it came with. The stock battery driver will try to determine if the phone is plugged into USB or a real charger, if it is plugged into USB it limits the charge draw to 500mA in order to adhere to USB standards. If it is plugged into the stock charger, it will draw the full 900mA. FastCharge (when enabled) forces the battery to charge at 900mA no matter what its plugged into.

This is because you are approaching 80%-100% charge. In order to safely charge a Lithium Ion battery, the rate of charge has to be regulated carefully based on several parameters, including temperature and current level. FastCharge increases the MAXIMUM charge rate only. Between 0-80% though, you are likely to notice a difference.

As shaggylive noted, some USB hubs and hosts regulate the maximum current, so you might just try using another USB hub / host.

It doesn't really matter in the end. I took out rapid charge. I did loose the 1% increment thing but not the end of the world. Even if its not the charge voltage it may just be something else in the program. I'm gonna continue to run without it. The battery just seems better to me and in the end its my ROM that's whats great about cooking yourself.
I agree with you. Maybe not for Li-ion batteries, but I know in conventional batteries, the more A/mA you charge the battery with, the quicker it charges, the faster it discharges and the shorter battery life you will have.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rebelshadow is keeping up the good workrebelshadow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Um, that's incorrect.

Quote:

I agree with you. Maybe not for Li-ion batteries, but I know in conventional batteries, the more A/mA you charge the battery with, the quicker it charges, the faster it discharges and the shorter battery life you will have.
I don't think it really matters as the Li-ion batteries have a built-in micro controller with the cells that control charge and discharge rates and temp. monitoring among other things.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
I'm running kitchen 1.51, with manila 2011 build 21891. I'm trying to figure out how to insert a custom start icon with absolutley no luck. I have the shellres.192.dll that I want to replace, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can't even get it to work with a cab after flashing. The system won't even let me rename shellres with total commander.
You most likely need to sign the shellres before you cook your rom. Also you cannot rename files in rom. You can overwrite them though. I use my own custom icons and I have always had to do this.

Download mssigner at XDA, it use to be in the tools directory of calkulins kitchen but I do not see it there anymore. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...SjNSaNe3K2SdXg

Sign it then cook, it should work.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
You most likely need to sign the shellres before you cook your rom. Also you cannot rename files in rom. You can overwrite them though. I use my own custom icons and I have always had to do this.

Download mssigner at XDA, it use to be in the tools directory of calkulins kitchen but I do not see it there anymore. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...SjNSaNe3K2SdXg

Sign it then cook, it should work.

Yup. Shellres.192.dll needs to be signed.

dwizzy130

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development