View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 PM
icon123
Regular 'Geeker

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post

but the rapid charge is mainly for when charging via USB on the puter.

when you charge with the a/c adapter its gonna charge at the same rate with or without the rapid charge. 900ish mah
Um, that's incorrect.
OK, I take it back. From this post by the developer of FastCharge: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...Questions.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem
Some FastCharge Questions

by no2chem 4. April 2009 08:13 Some people asked some interesting questions about FastCharge and I will answer them here:

Will FastCharge damage or reduce my battery life?
No, not more than if you plugged your phone into the charger it came with. The stock battery driver will try to determine if the phone is plugged into USB or a real charger, if it is plugged into USB it limits the charge draw to 500mA in order to adhere to USB standards. If it is plugged into the stock charger, it will draw the full 900mA. FastCharge (when enabled) forces the battery to charge at 900mA no matter what its plugged into.

I have FastCharge enabled, but nuePowerCPL is only showing ~500mA charge rate!
This is because you are approaching 80%-100% charge. In order to safely charge a Lithium Ion battery, the rate of charge has to be regulated carefully based on several parameters, including temperature and current level. FastCharge increases the MAXIMUM charge rate only. Between 0-80% though, you are likely to notice a difference.

No matter what I do, I can only get a 500mA charge rate
As shaggylive noted, some USB hubs and hosts regulate the maximum current, so you might just try using another USB hub / host.

It doesn't really matter in the end. I took out rapid charge. I did loose the 1% increment thing but not the end of the world. Even if its not the charge voltage it may just be something else in the program. I'm gonna continue to run without it. The battery just seems better to me and in the end its my ROM that's whats great about cooking yourself.
I agree with you. Maybe not for Li-ion batteries, but I know in conventional batteries, the more A/mA you charge the battery with, the quicker it charges, the faster it discharges and the shorter battery life you will have.