PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
you can set it up to work good with stiff springs. im cutting 1.4x 60ft times on h&R SS springs
I'll have to get some of your info on suspension because I'm about a second slower than that, depending on the temperature outside. It's pretty clear I need better tires (got these for $10 each, but that just means I don't feel bad for abusing them ) but apart from that, most of the car's suspension is stock. The 1/4 mile time doesn't matter as much to me as to how fun the car is to drive. It's a blast right now haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
You failed to mention IN EVERY PROBLEM POST you F'kd with the radio. Ugh!!
Yeah, I had forgotten I had it switched, and radios never caused ROM instability problems in the TP1 days - at least not that I read. I was a lot more attentive to all the available posts back then - till I went through 10 TP's in less than a year all with defects (bad keyboards, earpieces, screens, etc etc). I'm still doubting it caused me problems here, but we'll see. I was using someone else's .erv overnight and the phone ran fine (minus getting broken from chobit's SmartLock trying to use the 6.5 lock screen and forcing a hard reset). I re-made my own, still haven't added anything to the kitchen. 24 hours will tell. If all is well after that I'll put the modified radio back on (I need my SIM card from time to time) and we'll see what happens.

Again, this was only an issue with this kitchen, not on the stock ROM with the modified radio, or on other ROMs with the same modified radio.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I'll have to get some of your info on suspension because I'm about a second slower than that, depending on the temperature outside. It's pretty clear I need better tires (got these for $10 each, but that just means I don't feel bad for abusing them ) but apart from that, most of the car's suspension is stock. The 1/4 mile time doesn't matter as much to me as to how fun the car is to drive. It's a blast right now haha

Yeah, I had forgotten I had it switched, and radios never caused ROM instability problems in the TP1 days - at least not that I read. I was a lot more attentive to all the available posts back then - till I went through 10 TP's in less than a year all with defects (bad keyboards, earpieces, screens, etc etc). I'm still doubting it caused me problems here, but we'll see. I was using someone else's .erv overnight and the phone ran fine (minus getting broken from chobit's SmartLock trying to use the 6.5 lock screen and forcing a hard reset). I re-made my own, still haven't added anything to the kitchen. 24 hours will tell. If all is well after that I'll put the modified radio back on (I need my SIM card from time to time) and we'll see what happens.

Again, this was only an issue with this kitchen, not on the stock ROM with the modified radio, or on other ROMs with the same modified radio.
Why doesn't the Stock Radio support the Sim card?

You running the .ERV I posted?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
i just tried the 28xxx on this last kitchen and had nothing but issues, slow response, lock ups yada yada, went back to 23xxx, much better for me.
Glad I wasn't on it long, then! (Just overnight.)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:06 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Why doesn't the Stock Radio support the Sim card?

You running the .ERV I posted?
On Sprint, it doesn't support US SIM cards. There's a bit of code in the radio that doesn't allow US network codes to connect. There's a bit of reading on it from the elite team around here on the forums - though I hate how they are just generally vague and don't really share what they're doing.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93865

And yes, it was your .erv. I was wondering why you left out OSModules?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

[QUOTE=ShadowDrake;1575052]On Sprint, it doesn't support US SIM cards. There's a bit of code in the radio that doesn't allow US network codes to connect. There's a bit of reading on it from the elite team around here on the forums - though I hate how they are just generally vague and don't really share what they're doing.[QUOTE]

bottom line with sprint sim is they locked it for US. there is an unlocker that costs $18 that works perfectly..

and they do share what they're doing...you just have to know where to go and who to ask...the sim unlocker was complicated to say the least...and they did a really good job on it.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: tmobile

1milenia is a n00b

can this rom be used on a tmobile tp2?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

tmobile is GSM. This is for CMDA.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
This is where you need to go into the registry and change sms to sms.htc
HKLM\System\Inbox\External Accounts (Rename sms to sms.htc)
hasy anyone cooked this into their rom? trying to figure out where to put it
Old 02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1milenia View Post
can this rom be used on a tmobile tp2?
this rom works gsm: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91280
Old 02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started

This may have been asked already. but

Is there a resource that Lists what each of these "options" do. (forgive my lack of the proper terminology)

For example. In the OEM folder/section there is "Dummy Fwupdate" I have no freakin clue what it does. System - App Service, System - Button Setting, and so on.

I plan on going through each line and deciding on weather i use it and making the fastest rom I can. Ill also be adding a few other things to it that i need.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development