PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint - bye bye VZW!

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-4 ][ v1.5 ][ 28223 / 21891 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitche

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w77 View Post
thanks! didn't see the fix so I abonded that piece of software in the past.
actaully, it didn't back everyone up.... i lost 2 out of 9 contacts on my people tab
Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

chopperguy918 is keeping up the good workchopperguy918 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to chopperguy918
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-4 ][ v1.5 ][ 28223 / 21891 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitche

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Many things in my life make me feel like I am crazy and this was one of them. I had reduced battery life in the last few ROMs i built. I built one when the final kitchen came out and the only thing really different was changing that driver and my battery life is noticeably better. I didn't really think that driver would affect battery life. Nice to know I'm not alone.

You have made me feel a little less crazy today ... and for that a thanks to you!
No problem...anything I can do to contribute something back to this forum is a treat for me. If it wasn't for everyone here I would still be flashing other peoples roms but never being really satisfied. Only a few more touches and I will have my rom just where I want it.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w77 View Post
actaully, it didn't back everyone up.... i lost 2 out of 9 contacts on my people tab
It's always worked for me. I am on exchange server so my favs were backed up, but not in the right order. So I originally set them up the way I wanted them. Ran the fav backup program. Verified the xml was correct.

Then when I reflash, I connect to my exchange server, it downloads all my favs which are out of order. Run the restore on the backup program and rebooted.

edit: the point is I think you need to recover either from exchange server or active sync/mobile device center before you run the restore.

Last edited by icon123; 02-05-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
It's always worked for me. I am on exchange server so my favs were backed up, but not in the right order. So I originally set them up the way I wanted them. Ran the fav backup program. Verified the xml was correct.

Then when I reflash, I connect to my exchange server, it downloads all my favs which are out of order. Run the restore on the backup program and rebooted.

maybe that's it... i am just copying over my pim.vol and facebookinfo.vol after flashing... hmmm...
Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ok, I thought all was well. After about 12 hours, I've got the text messaging problem again.

The phone will recieve a text but tmail.exe will freeze up. All further texts will be lost, and it will stay this way till the phone is restarted. The messaging app still -works- but if you try to open the thread of the person to send you the text to make it lock up, tmail will freeze. Sending a text when it's stuck will just cause spinning balls and it'll stay that way.

Only solution is a soft reset, and this is a major problem that has been sticking around since the last couple of kitchens.

I can't keep using your kitchen, calkulin, as much as I'd like to This needs to be fixed, only one other person claims to have this issue but it's recurring, and never happened on the stock ROM. It's happening across all builds any anything made with this kitchen - regardless of the packages used.

Sprint TP2
SIM unlocked and hacked VZW WU radio
Unactivated T-mobile SIM card
Left in global mode (data doesn't work in CDMA-only mode)

ANYONE AT ALL?

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 02-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Ok, I thought all was well. After about 12 hours, I've got the text messaging problem again.

The phone will recieve a text but tmail.exe will freeze up. All further texts will be lost, and it will stay this way till the phone is restarted. The messaging app still -works- but if you try to open the thread of the person to send you the text to make it lock up, tmail will freeze. Sending a text when it's stuck will just cause spinning balls and it'll stay that way.

Only solution is a soft reset, and this is a major problem that has been sticking around since the last couple of kitchens.

I can't keep using your kitchen, calkulin, as much as I'd like to This needs to be fixed, only one other person claims to have this issue but it's recurring, and never happened on the stock ROM. It's happening across all builds any anything made with this kitchen - regardless of the packages used.

Sprint TP2

ANYONE AT ALL?
are u using e-natives task manager? that always caused those kinds of prob for me. I went to quickmenu instead.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

OK, I got one... 1.5 released, has Swype cooked in and it works. Thing is, when using the hardware keyboard, it keeps doing tx9 type stuff.. its messing with me and changing my words! Sucks when you try to say something like RAM and it makes it Bam... so now my friend is calling to figure out where to get bam for his pc... Any ideas? I wouldn't mind getting rid of all word completion.

Found xt9 disable cab, it helped, but it still pops up suggestions. I am running 28223

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!

Last edited by morganlowe; 02-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubra View Post
I cannot for the life of me get Arcsoft 5.2.12.45 to receive MMS on Verizon. It couldn't do anything at first until I tried the fix for manila (just for kicks) that involves adding ?X-VZW-MDN=########## to the end of the server address in the MMS Option under Verizon (which I had set to default,) and that actually allowed me to send MMS, but I still cannot receive. I am absolutely stumped.

Server Name: Verizon
Gateway:
Port Number: 80
Server Address: http :// mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms (I added ?X-VZW-MDN=##########)
Connect via: Verizon Wireless
Send Limit: 5000k (only option)
BUMP - I am wondering about this also. It would be nice to get this 99.9999%.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post

Sprint TP2

ANYONE AT ALL?
With your data not working CDMA only, I would call up Sprint tell them your data doesnt work and you need it reset. I have gotten odd issues now and then from stuff on Sprint's side. Put your phone in CDMA mode, soft reset, call them up and let them reset, then run the "Update Profile"
Old 02-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quick question. When I turn on an animation on my homescreen, how do I set it back to the weather wallpaper (so that the weather animations show again)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development