PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

stevecn70 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

SMS Threading Problem:
23506 and 2.5

I'm having a wierd problem with the SMS threading. Messages sent/received on this ROM show up individually in the sent and inbox folders and also show up in the conversations folder but none of them are threaded. If I open a conversation, it only shows the last message that was sent or received with no threading. If I restore text messages from backup that were sent/received before this ROM then the thread is shown in the inbox like it did in 6.1 and of course, sent messages are shown individually in the sent folder. So what is going on?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

well i tried the no push internet v2 cab and my data connection is still coming on randomly sometimes. also every time i soft reset the data connection comes on. anyone have experience with this?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

TaurusBullba is a n00b
Re: [ 11-9 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
was this answered? sorry if I missed it. I just downloaded the kitchen and it says the ROMsaved folder is empty...
Check out the 2nd post. There are four roms listed there (if you just want pre-built roms, of course).
Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff
Re: [ 11-9 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusBullba View Post
Check out the 2nd post. There are four roms listed there (if you just want pre-built roms, of course).
I saw that and not what I am referring to. I downloaded the kitchen and when I click "load ROM" it says the folder is empty... What goes in the folder? it's the kitchen>tools>ROMsaved folder that is empty and that's where the kitchen looks for the ROM to load.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecn70 View Post
SMS Threading Problem:
23506 and 2.5

I'm having a wierd problem with the SMS threading. Messages sent/received on this ROM show up individually in the sent and inbox folders and also show up in the conversations folder but none of them are threaded. If I open a conversation, it only shows the last message that was sent or received with no threading. If I restore text messages from backup that were sent/received before this ROM then the thread is shown in the inbox like it did in 6.1 and of course, sent messages are shown individually in the sent folder. So what is going on?
this is not a problem with the rom, for some reason with alot of the roms after you do a restore, alot of the messages aren't threaded. hopefully microsoft gets this fixed.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

so i selected menu enhancement and i get bigger more finger friendly menu, but it is not the menu selection that is white, does anybody know which options i have to select to get the enhancedmenu, the menu selection that was on the stock rom.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Ok this has been mentioned more then once however no one had any suggestions, only comments that it works for me. so I'll put in as much detail as I can.
Zoom bar does not zoom... instead just extends the screen lower.
I used the kitchen to build 23506 with 2.5 manilla. I did not de select any sys components and would like to know (should someone have figured it out) if there is a specific selection that should be made to get back the zoom function. Thanks for taking the time guys and gals.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

eme82 is just getting started

I'm sure I am missing something. I have been trying to build a ROM. I have built ROMs before but its been over a year with one of Calc's first Diamond Kitchens. Every time I build it only makes a 5 meg ROM that of course does not work. I am selecting "Real WM 6.5 AKU". Is there another setting I am missing? I am for now just working with defaults until I get one to build.Any help would be appreciated.

And before anyone says it. I have been reading the thread and searching.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

ok I am feeling like a newbie all over again! I installed 23506 Manila 2.5 ROM (v1) 6.5.x since I can't get the kitchen to work and now I can't send any SMS. I can receive them but can't reply and can't start a new one... ugh. this is becoming very frustrating!!!

edit: figured out the kitchen, built a ROM and didn't de-select anything, just used what was there and still can't send SMS... what gives?

Last edited by nursemm05; 11-11-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this is not a problem with the rom, for some reason with alot of the roms after you do a restore, alot of the messages aren't threaded. hopefully microsoft gets this fixed.

The restored ones are threaded, they are out of order but still threaded, the NEW messages are NOT threaded.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development