PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted
Carrier: Sprint

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwalkerX View Post
so my usb port is defective and im running mighty rom and rather than file an insurance claim and get stuck with the $100 deductable i would like to try and take my phone back to the sprint store. im going to try and re-flash it back to the stock sprint rom via my SD card however my real question is will i be able to relock the device via the SD card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
while you could re-flash back to stock, unfortunatly with the new design of the unlocker and relocker not having an SSPL equivilent runnable from the phone unlocking and relocking is not possible from the sd card.
i have the same issue. if i just reflash the stock rom will i be able to take it to the store? i want to take it to the sprint store but i dont want to get screwed. thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
i have the same issue. if i just reflash the stock rom will i be able to take it to the store? i want to take it to the sprint store but i dont want to get screwed. thanks in advance!!!
while you would PROBABLY be fine, if you send it in unlocked you do so at your own risk... really depends on how thorough and how much of a pain the tech is that looks at it.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
while you would PROBABLY be fine, if you send it in unlocked you do so at your own risk... really depends on how thorough and how much of a pain the tech is that looks at it.

What can sprint do to you at that point if they do find out that your device is unlocked?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

deny all warranty claims. but I am told that people have had success re-locking using the nbh out of the re-locker. when I talked to cmonex at the time of creation of the HSPL she mentioned that her overwrite protection would stop this but apparently it doesnt and the phone can be relocked. people are reporting getting stuck in bootloader. but a flash to stock after relocking seems to fix it (would need two sd cards with the stock rom on one and the relocker on the other or an sd card reader to transfer files) I will post a complete step by step in the next few days when I have had proper time to test this out.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
deny all warranty claims. but I am told that people have had success re-locking using the nbh out of the re-locker. when I talked to cmonex at the time of creation of the HSPL she mentioned that her overwrite protection would stop this but apparently it doesnt and the phone can be relocked. people are reporting getting stuck in bootloader. but a flash to stock after relocking seems to fix it (would need two sd cards with the stock rom on one and the relocker on the other or an sd card reader to transfer files) I will post a complete step by step in the next few days when I have had proper time to test this out.

but wouldn't this mean that they have extracted the nbh out of the re-locker...right?

if that's the case i have to attempted to extract what is in the exe file of the re-locker and no where did i find an nbh file within that exe file. So I am hoping it is true.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
but wouldn't this mean that they have extracted the nbh out of the re-locker...right?

if that's the case i have to attempted to extract what is in the exe file of the re-locker and no where did i find an nbh file within that exe file. So I am hoping it is true.
You had to be a little more tricky than just extracting so I attached the file in post 3 with brief instructions
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...09&postcount=3
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
You had to be a little more tricky than just extracting so I attached the file in post 3 with brief instructions
thanks for updating your thread with relocking via SD card, cornelious. this thread is a great help to the community. keep up the great work bro.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-18-2010 at 05:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thanks has gone your way. i can go to sprint in peace now. saved me from possibly being denied.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

Okay what if you download a rom but its an .exe? ...there is no ru_signed

for example, Formulas spb mobile sense is an exe.

thanks in advanced
Old 06-11-2010, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
Okay what if you download a rom but its an .exe? ...there is no ru_signed

for example, Formulas spb mobile sense is an exe.

thanks in advanced
just use winrar or a similar archive program to extract the exe. then you'll see the nbh file that you need.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd