PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
it's only sim unlocked for overseas gsm. to use gsm in the USA, you have to use this sim-unlocker.
Can anyone confirm that a pre-paid european SIM works without the SIM unlock? I'll be heading to Prague this summer, would be great if I could just pop a prepaid into my TP2.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

I purchased the SIM Unlocker and it unlocked the SIM card but does not allow me to install the "WU" versions of the radio: an error message states that this radio is not for my phone.

During the step 1 of the SIM unlock install, I told it NOT to install Hard-SPL as it has already been done previously (had installed many a custom rom prior to doing this).

I went into the bootloader and it says"SPL-1.00.0liNex" ... nothing on the screen says "unlocked".

I want to be able to use the phone on T-Mobile. What do I do now?
Old 04-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

don't skip the hard hspl part, let it run. after each step, check your connection to the pc because sometimes it kicks you off after each step. i'll be on for awhile, try it and post back if you need more help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
don't skip the hard hspl part, let it run. after each step, check your connection to the pc because sometimes it kicks you off after each step. i'll be on for awhile, try it and post back if you need more help.
Woot! That did it.

I had tried to redo the SPL previously but for some reason the enablerapinew.exe was not installing and the "your radio is not turned on" error popped up. Your advice to check the connection made me take a look at the cable connection itself ... it's a bit loose but never interfered with ActiveSync. So I made sure that it was plugged in and I was good to go.

I successfully installed the SIM unlocker and 2.32 WU radio ... you have my thanks!

---
sunNsnow
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

RiNcOnNs is a n00b

I cant seem to get step two to work.
Step one went fine, I have the Telus TP2.
It tries to communicate with the device, then gives me an error about being in flight mode or needing to purchase an IMEI. And yes I did pay for it through the unlocker website, and double checked the IMEI.

I am running mighty rom, if that makes any difference.

Thanks In Advance
Old 04-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiNcOnNs View Post
I cant seem to get step two to work.
Step one went fine, I have the Telus TP2.
It tries to communicate with the device, then gives me an error about being in flight mode or needing to purchase an IMEI. And yes I did pay for it through the unlocker website, and double checked the IMEI.

I am running mighty rom, if that makes any difference.

Thanks In Advance
You mean running the sim unlocker you bought in part two of it gives you a error, thats the part that unlocks the radio. 3rd part unlocks the sims. are you wanting to change radio and use other sims for US or international?
Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
N00b

RiNcOnNs is a n00b

Yes, part two, unlock radio fails at every attempt. Part three is not a selectable option, its grayed out.

I need to be able to use a US sim card in the phone, the TP2 is from Canada, but I am currently living and working in the US, and I dont want to buy a new handset.

thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiNcOnNs View Post
Yes, part two, unlock radio fails at every attempt. Part three is not a selectable option, its grayed out.

I need to be able to use a US sim card in the phone, the TP2 is from Canada, but I am currently living and working in the US, and I dont want to buy a new handset.

thanks
Try the Phone unlocker that unlocks the phone again, sounds like that may be problem. So Make sure that GSM settings in manual. and then use setting #1 in sim unlocker again and then make sure after that is done phone sync with computer and then try step 2 again and then make sure phone syns with phone before step 3 and make sure on your phone in set 3 on your phone that you check settings on phone and then hit confirm on phone screen.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
N00b

RiNcOnNs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Try the Phone unlocker that unlocks the phone again, sounds like that may be problem. So Make sure that GSM settings in manual. and then use setting #1 in sim unlocker again and then make sure after that is done phone sync with computer and then try step 2 again and then make sure phone syns with phone before step 3 and make sure on your phone in set 3 on your phone that you check settings on phone and then hit confirm on phone screen.
Thanks for the help

I have tried all these steps several times, with the same results
"error with verification, please check your email now"

I have sent in a support ticket on Saturday with no response.
Is it likely the error is on thier end?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:30 PM
N00b

RiNcOnNs is a n00b

OK. I think I got it this time.
Had to go back to factory rom.
I am assuming I can just load juicy over this again and its still unlocked for US sim?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development