PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Is there a way to run the unlocker if the only internet connection available is by tethering/wifi router?

*BUMP*

I would be very curious to know about this also. The only internet access I have is through tethering. Just found out that I had to have internet connection when I ran the .exe hahahahaha Should have seen the look on my face. Well crap, There's nobody I know within 50 Miles of my house (I Live in the middle of nowhere) that has internet service, that I can go over to their house to do this. So without being able to tether, I am just kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

keiichi626 is becoming a great contributor

Awesome program. Thank you for this cmonex and olipro. Got hung-up for a bit before I realized I needed the sim card inserted and set to GSM. Worked flawlessly after that.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: x51v
Carrier: Rogers

LTP104 is a n00b

is there any way I can check if my phone is security unlock? because after I bought the phone I upgraded to the new Verizon Rom, so it is WV now, but I'm not sure if it is WU before.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff

okay, I could not tether and unlock at the same time and cmonex told me that I had to go to a friends house that has internet. So I drove a half an hour to a friends house that has internet, and now the only message I get is :

We have detected that your location does not match your purchase address, to protect you from card fraud, if you must unlock urgently, please reply and explain why your purchasing address is different from where you actually are, otherwise, simply wait 48 hours from purchase time.

Now what the heck am I supposed to do??? Of course the address is different. I purchased the unlocker on my phone, not at her house.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Got it goin. Thanks alot dude. I would still however, definitely suggest that you put some kind of disclaimer on the site that says, that you need to purchase it from the same internet connection that you are going to use while you install the unlocker, and note that you cannot be tethered or use a tethered connection during the process.

There are those of us that tethering is our only internet connection and this turns into a big pain in the arse!!!! LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ajamer is just getting started

We have detected that your location does not match your purchase address, to protect you from card fraud, if you must unlock urgently, please reply and explain why your purchasing address is different from where you actually are, otherwise, simply wait 48 hours from purchase time.

I just got the same error, I'm not tethering, but my mastercard has a different billing address than where I am physically going to be for the rest of the month. Why all this security? Am I going to have to VPN to get this to work or something crazy?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamer View Post

I just got the same error, I'm not tethering, but my mastercard has a different billing address than where I am physically going to be for the rest of the month. Why all this security? Am I going to have to VPN to get this to work or something crazy?

Nah, I panicked a lil bit too when I seen it. Just send a message to cmonex, or olie through the right channels on their site, and they'll hook ya right up. They're awesome people. They can get it straighten out for ya very quickly.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion

Worked like a charm
By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer
Old 01-31-2010, 01:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

how does one check to see if you are cid - Sim +security unlocked can someone here tell me please step by step to be able to flash new Wu radio pluss flash custom 6.5 roms
Old 01-31-2010, 01:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

now my stock sprint rom says 1.96.00wf does it mean i can flash new wu radio how can i check if i am security unlock allready ??? my sim card was unlock by sprint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development