PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Sprint

explorer2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

For those who have an interest in how all this has turned out for me, please see below.

Just for record, Im not here to bash Olipro and his team on the great job they did on unlocking the phone, but just sharing my experience with others, and letting you be the judge for yourselves.

Code:
Ticket Thread
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 2:54am
Hello and thank you for writing such great apps.
I downloaded the app and attempted to run it on my new pro 2 (just got it from a pro).
The software says it has already run and wont let me run.

I know you normally charge, but since I have never run this, can you help me in any way?

Stuck with a stock rom until I hear from you.. and you know how that is!

Thanks!
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 4:43am
FYI,

My IMEI is xxx on a Sprint phone.
But your site will not accept it.
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 5:11am
ok, PAID for it now, (Transaction ID: 36736065015E), but the unlock fails.
Where is the 24/7 support?
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 7:12am
Getting fatal error on SPL.
PLEASE ADVISE.
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 2:10pm
Hello?
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:50pm
Since you have not helped resolve this and I have been forced to pay more, for the basic version, I am now disputing this with Paypal.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 1:22am - Cmonex
hi, you are really impatient I guess, this was the weekend.

anyway, please let me know what the exact error message is in Automatic mode, and I'll help you sort it out. (the payment was received, and the IMEI seems okay, as long as you didn't enter it manually.)
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 1:27am - Cmonex
PS: sorry for wording, we never wrote 24/7 for HardSPL issues :P
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 2:58am
I managed to get the unlocker only working, after paying an addtional fee.
The original package which also does the sim and I paid for did not work.
I am willing to settle with just the rom unlock if you are willing to refund my first purchase.

Also, "Also with free 24-hour support via email from this link" from http://rhodium.htc-unlocks.com/.

Tue, 15 Dec 2009 9:10am - Olipro
Hi there,

yes, I see you purchased the full SIM unlocker, I will have cmonex refund your Hard-SPL donation as soon as you close the SNAD dispute that you opened with me.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:24pm
That's not what I offered.
The unlocker did not work, so that's what I asked to be refunded.
I only paid for any of this for the support, which it did not come with.

I'm attempting to work with you here, but you don't seem to want to.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:29pm - Olipro
ok, so let me get this straight:

you *have* Hard-SPL'd the device but you *haven't* SIM unlocked it.

or is it vice versa?

From my records, you've run the unlocker on it fully 3 times - once you've run all 3 steps we won't refund the SIM unlocker without you allowing us to remote in and verify that your device really isn't unlocked.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:32pm
Hard SPL.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:35pm - Olipro
did you read my entire message?

I will restate it again:

From my records, you've run the unlocker on it fully 3 times - once you've run all 3 steps we won't refund the SIM unlocker without you allowing us to remote in and verify that your device really isn't unlocked.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:45pm
Sorry... I did miss that part.

No, I will not waste more of my time after waiting for you as long as I did and being forced to pay an additional "donation" to get what I needed done urgently.

Your product did not work.
Your support was not as stated.
And the only way I was able to get what was promised was to "donate" more.

Perhaps you need to check your product and logs to see why it didn't let me unlock form the full package, and why only the SPL unlocker (seperate download)worked, and only after I pad for it, despite never having used it on my new TP2.

You are being greedy and trying to pass the blame on my for your lack of product functionality and support.

Your GUI says that if the update fails, I can pay a "donation" for instant results.
I did and you did not deliver till 24 hours later.

I have attempted to work with you and your response has been to consume more of my time.

If you do not wish to resolve this by a refund, I will have no choice but to continue with my Paypal dispute as well as continue sharing my experience with the community some of which have already informed me of a similar experience.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:51pm - Olipro
at what point in my message did I ask for more money?

I was making an open and free offer, no charge.

people like to do this thing called "lying" - they especially like doing it when money is involved.

you can take your paypal dispute up to a claim if you wish but I assure you that you will not win, paypal are well aware of the steps we take in order to track a user's unlocking progress and we provide it happily if the user opens a claim.

so I say again to you: allow me to remote in and verify that your device really isn't unlocked... NO CHARGE.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jeqerrn is a n00b

I have a rom that says 1.96WF
does it need to be flashed
Old 12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

mikecism is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by killac93 View Post
Can anybody clarify whether I can get my TP2 flashed over to the Sprint network as I'm somewhat confused about what this will do. I know that this unlocks the SIM but Sprint is CDMA of course so wanted to be sure. BTW on my first attempt I got voice and text working but could not get the data to respond to the Sprint network without errors. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys!
To "unconfuse" you, as I know this can be VERY confusing. I went through this, and it was not always clear. I documented my steps.

Start with the basics - you have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. Not anything else.
SPL is the device unlocker, to enable rom flashing

So run Hard SPL first, to enable flashing of ROM. This is NOT GSM SIM UNLOCKING; the term "unlock" is getting thrown around more often than Lindsay Lohan does drugs). This is free and posted in this sub-forum) I did this, went fine, 20 seconds.

Then you should hard reset, and apply your custom ROM of choice (For me, there is only only, and that is MightyROM. I did this, 5 minutes, went without a hitch. Again, this is free, and posted in this sub-forum, and also at Mightyrom.com.

To UNLOCK THE SIM, you got to cough up some cabbage for that ($25)
I paid my money and got the file. This next part was a bit confusing.

I ran Unlocker; sort of confusing, the application has 3 stages (already did Hard SPL, so skipped first step). Then did second "flashing" step(?), and third, which flashed the ROM, and installed app I had to install/run. At the end, it said "close app" on the PC, but on phone, I had to manually check security unlock and SIM unlock; left CID alone per instructions)

Once SIM unlocker done, then ran WU_196 file, which unlock the radios for US GSM. (Again, posted in this sub forum). Make sure in manuall mode/gsm mode, (SIM inserted) before flashing radio. This ran a flash as well.

To test, I have to manually switch under phone, menu, options, network...to get GSM working (or switch back to CDMA/Sprint). Voice works okay, no data yet. I am still waiting for someone to provide the config step (it seems to be some great mystery)

So that's what I did. I am pretty happy, except for the no data working, but I am pretty sure that is a config issue and nothing to to with the SIM unlocking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecism View Post
I went to manage connections, added "cellular line, 3g, grps", and wap.cingular as the APN.

Even tried *99#. Again, no luck.

Any ideas?

It's a little hard to believe no one else on PPCG is running this config.
Can anyone help? Please?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

userme is a n00b

I'm confused as hell. All I want is to flash my tp2 to migtyroms rom. I have no interest in using any other carriers on my sprint phone. Do I still need the sim unlocker and the patch sprint radio unlocker? please clarify. I know I am not the only one confused.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by userme View Post
I'm confused as hell. All I want is to flash my tp2 to migtyroms rom. I have no interest in using any other carriers on my sprint phone. Do I still need the sim unlocker and the patch sprint radio unlocker? please clarify. I know I am not the only one confused.
No, in your case, just use Hard SPL to "unlock"/allow ROM flashing, then flash with MightyROM. Very quick and painless.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

userme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecism View Post
No, in your case, just use Hard SPL to "unlock"/allow ROM flashing, then flash with MightyROM. Very quick and painless.
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

so what happens when u have your GSM enabled and someone calls you on your sprint line? VM i guess.. too bad both phone numbers won't ring. If it did then i would pay to unlock the radio so i can have my ATT work phone SIM in and have my sprint number working.

thanks,
sid
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

chaofun is a n00b

I just got a TP2 from the Sprint store yesterday. It didn't come in a new box because it was a replacement TP2. Not sure if it was refurbished or not. When I go to settings, security, it says "Your phone is SIM unlocked." Does that mean my phone came unlocked? Or does it usually say that on a stock Sprint phone?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a way to run the unlocker if the only internet connection available is by tethering/wifi router?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development