PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro2
Carrier: sprint

Lukemp3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

I FINALLY GOT MY DATA WITH ATT SIM CARD TO WORK WITH MY TP2 FROM SPRINT...... WHAT I DID FIRST IS

SWITH TO CDMA MODE

DIAL ##3282# WENT EDIT (MSL NEEDED) CHG MY USER NAME AND PASS TO

User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Pass: CINGULAR1

I SAVE THE SETTINGS(PHONE REBOOTED)

THEN I CHANGED IT BACK TO GSM MODE ONLY

SELECTED ATT

OPEN OPERA BROWSER
AND IT WORKS

(ITS SAY NOW IM CONNECTED WITH MEDIA NET)

IM CURRENTLY RUNNING SPRINT STOCK ROM

Last edited by Lukemp3; 11-03-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Running 1.96.00 after having issues with the 2.05.00 radio on the stock sprint rom. Ran ok overnight (no crazy battery drain). Will keep an eye on things today, but so far it looks to be running much better than the previous radio on the stock sprint rom.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Damn! I was running 2.05 and I downloaded the new 1.96WU and after flashing I got that bootloader error!

What am I doing wrong?! Do I need to redownload a new SIM unlocker with the new radio included? What's the point of even putting out this radio by it's self if it won't flash?! I just don't get it! I looked for updated instructions in the release post that was updated but could not find any!

I'm having to flash the stock Sprint everything back so I can use my phone for work today. Hopefully I'll have an answer on how to get this radio to work so I can do it when I get home and I'll just re-run the SIM unlocker again...
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100

Last edited by 92GTA; 11-03-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
Damn! I was running 2.05 and I downloaded the new 1.96WU and after flashing I got that bootloader error!

What am I doing wrong?! Do I need to redownload a new SIM unlocker with the new radio included? What's the point of even putting out this radio by it's self if it won't flash?! I just don't get it! I looked for updated instructions in the release post that was updated but could not find any!

I'm having to flash the stock Sprint everything back so I can use my phone for work today. Hopefully I'll have an answer on how to get this radio to work so I can do it when I get home and I'll just re-run the SIM unlocker again...
Interesting - mine flashed without an issue. I had gone back to the stock sprint rom/radio combo after the first night with 2.05.00 due to the issues it had introduced. Flashed right to 1.96.00 without an issue. No need to "unlock" again or anything. Hopefully someone can shed a bit more light on the issue.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah it was kind of weird. Now I'm wondering if the SIM unlocker will even work again since it's a 1-time use thing lol. I had unlocked everything with the SIM unlocker I bought just fine and simply wanted to flash the new radio and BAM lol. I am using the MightyROM but I don't see how that could cause the problem. I was even using the updated SPL...

My main issue with 2.05 radio was I could not get exchange to work, period! It would work perfect with the exact same ROM using the 1.96 radio so I figured the 1.96WU would be echange ok...

Last edited by 92GTA; 11-03-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcelite View Post
Great job on the Sim unlock BTW,
Quick question, I used the radio available for sprint on the first day sim unlock was out,

How do you see what radio firmware is loaded?

I am wanting to upgrade, but not sure if I have the 1.96 or something older?

Force
When you restart your phone and the bootscreen comes on it shows your radio in the red letters at the bottom left side of the screen.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason559 View Post
Sorry, couldn't find this answered elsewhere. Will this allow the Sprint SIM to let me roam on US GSM networks or does the included sim exclude that?
The sim card sprint provided is for roaming on gsm networks over seas. You will need to get an t-mobile or At&t sim card to work on us gsm networks, but you need to be sure to do the sim unlock and flash the appropriate radio first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Young-E

cmonex,
is it even possible to use my sprint and t-mobile number at the same time or will you always have to use one or the other??
Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemp3 View Post
I FINALLY GOT MY DATA WITH ATT SIM CARD TO WORK WITH MY TP2 FROM SPRINT...... WHAT I DID FIRST IS

SWITH TO CDMA MODE

DIAL ##3282# WENT EDIT (MSL NEEDED) CHG MY USER NAME AND PASS TO

User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Pass: CINGULAR1

I SAVE THE SETTINGS(PHONE REBOOTED)

THEN I CHANGED IT BACK TO GSM MODE ONLY

SELECTED ATT

OPEN OPERA BROWSER
AND IT WORKS

(ITS SAY NOW IM CONNECTED WITH MEDIA NET)

IM CURRENTLY RUNNING SPRINT STOCK ROM
Since you changed the user name and pw in CDMA mode,does internet work after you go back to CDMA from GSM?also I didn't see the password(only user name) field after I got into the "Edit".
Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

next post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development