PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

davejet is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1stIG View Post
nope reunlock flash newest radio rom and ready to go
Okay I have sim unlocked my phone.
What do you mean by reunlock?? How do you do this exactly??

what is the newest radio rom ??
Old 02-10-2010, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

davejet is just getting started
Re: [SPRINT RADIO Unlocker]Sprint RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

after you run the sim unlocker it installs in main memory under my device "RhodUnlock"
this I assume is the sim unlocker.
If I click on a window pops up "Locked Radio Cannot Unlock"
When I click "ok" for a less than a second the sim unlocker program pops up and goes away.
can anyone who has sim unlocked run the "rhodUnlock" program and see if they get the same result??
Old 02-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

egandb is a n00b

Stock Sprint TP2 (1.21.651.3 with 1.96.00WF radio)
1.) Bought "RhodiumW Sec/CID/SIM Unlocker" from http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com
2.) Made sure phone was in GSM and not CDMA mode.
3.) UnRAR'ed and ran RhodiumWUnlocker.exe, which basically walked me through each step of the process. This required multiple TP2 restarts/reboots, but worked flawlessly.
4.) Ran 2.23.00WU.exe from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571, and now my Sprint TP2 can connect to T-Mobile and AT&T networks using a Netherlands Pre-paid SIM (not Sprint SIM) without issue.
5.) Smiled.
6.) Thanked cmonex for this thread.
7.) Thanked Olipro for his thread.

Last edited by egandb; 02-11-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

>>
ccr41981

If I missed this in the thread I apologize, but i ddn''t see anyone who had the same problem; I followed the steps to unlock, HSPL, all tha but when I run the patched sprint radio, it flashes from 0 to 100% in 10 seconds and errors out saying I'm using the incorrect RUU. I'm using a Sprint TP2. does anyone have thoughts on this?
>>

You must apply the SECURITY unlock. it is address multiple times in MANY threads, along with directions.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Whats up guys. Hope this isnt a noob question to you guys but after researching on here, I'm slightly confused. I used to flash the radio on the original TP often and that was pretty straight forward.

I'm on Sprint. Using the stock 1.96.00WF radio. To gain better reception on the Sprint network, can I just flash the, let's say, a Telus radio? Im trying to understand this better.

Also, am I correct in saying, that any of these WU radios are ONLY used if I wanted to jump on another network, i.e. Verizon, T-mobile etc.? I ask because I know for a fact that Verizon has way better coverage in my area. From what I read, I need to have a Verizon sim card to make this possible. So I assume I cant use the SIM card that came with my phone. How would I get just a Verizon sim?

Thanks guys.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

these wu radios are only for using gsm while in the united states. whatever radio you use must be cdma, using a gsm radio will brick your device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
these wu radios are only for using gsm while in the united states. whatever radio you use must be cdma, using a gsm radio will brick your device.

How is that possible? I have the option to go into Global mode on my device which means it would switch between GSM and CDMA no? If I leave my current Sprint SIM card in it, when I boot up I get a message stating that a SIM card has been detected and my device will switch to Global mode.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

you have the option, but sprint and verizon locked the gsm part here in the states. the phone is already unlocked for world use. if you want to use gsm while in the us, you need the unlocker and one of the "wu= world unlock" radios.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
you have the option, but sprint and verizon locked the gsm part here in the states. the phone is already unlocked for world use. if you want to use gsm while in the us, you need the unlocker and one of the "wu= world unlock" radios.
Thanks Doc! With that being said, would I still need another SIM card? particulary Verizon, since that has the best coverage for me?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

you should be able to roam on verizons' tower, no sim needed for that(besides, it's impossible). you need a gsm sim card, like at&t or t-mobile. the 2.23.00wu radio is the unlocked one based on verizon's stock radio, maybe that one will get you a better signal, but i'm not sure. just remeber to be sim unlocked before flashing, or you'll get an error and possible stuck in bootloader mode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development