PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Use a registry editor on phone (like Total Commander or FDC Task Manager)

Change the following:

HKLM\Software\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\

EnableServerEdit=1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae.farah View Post
i have a sprint that i unlocked and used the 1.96wu . i did this the second i baught my sprint phone and never had a problem with it. i've had it for about 2 weeks now everything runs perfict on both networks sprint and tmobile, i have internet on both, i do pay for the internet on tmobile as well. but the only thing i don't have is mms on tmobile for i cant edit the gsmmms settings for some reason the edit or creat new tabs are both not highlited to where i can press them . so yes it woks with t mobile data. but hopefully someone would be able to creat a cab to re inable the editing of mms servers for sprint phones
I have been running the 1.96WU since the release and it works great for CDMA and GSM. I'm wondering what plan you are using with T-Mobile and cost you incur AS WELL AS if your international call charge a different rate. Been toying with the idea to getting setup with T-Mobile as my secondary and Intl. calling carrier.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

liemydude is becoming a great contributor

Using the Sprint Phone on Tmo has anyone here experienced Tmo network dropping signal and not reestablishing a connection to the network? If I leave the phone on Tmo's network over night or if I drive around town and it switches towers, the phone doesn't connect to Tmo's network and thus i dont get any calls or text messages. Is there a fix for this? I have to select GSM --> manual --> tmobile every time it loses connection and its very annoying =(
Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemydude View Post
Using the Sprint Phone on Tmo has anyone here experienced Tmo network dropping signal and not reestablishing a connection to the network? If I leave the phone on Tmo's network over night or if I drive around town and it switches towers, the phone doesn't connect to Tmo's network and thus i dont get any calls or text messages. Is there a fix for this? I have to select GSM --> manual --> tmobile every time it loses connection and its very annoying =(
I'm sure it has to do with how Sprint locked down the feature and how it has been unlocked. Nothing that anyone can do anything about I'm sure.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Cmonex, do you think we might get a patched radio for the new 2.18 radio from USCC?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

liemydude is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
I'm sure it has to do with how Sprint locked down the feature and how it has been unlocked. Nothing that anyone can do anything about I'm sure.
=/ i guess there won't be a fix for this to force it into gsm mode and automatically connect
Old 11-25-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pto 2
Carrier: Telus

sonofliberty is becoming a great contributor

Hi !

Does your procedure work with Telus carrier ?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jae.farah is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I also have that problem where tmo service will dissapear and not come back although i have full bars but my tmo is just my secondary so i usually switch to it , check voicemails and sms and switch back to sprint but i would love to see this fixed. i think it all has to do with how sprints phone vs verizon you have to tell it what network to join once it picks up gsm and you cant just default it back to well here tmo or att . i'm not sure and i'm not a developer but i think that if somehow we were able to force it or tell it to join that specific carriers network being tmo or att that would take care of the problem. the other thing that ive noticed on my sprint phone is that once i switch networks to gsm, all the internet settings and mms settings are allready preset which is nice to have but tmo just switched their mms server and now i cant get my mms and i cant switch the settings. i was able to get a cab that switches over the settings for me but everytime i switch networks it will reset it back because the phone tells it to . it would be nice to see a fix for that issue as well.
i think ive said enough and i don't know if anyone else is having these issues but if you are lets get on it.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When used with T-Mobile, data connection would work for about 1-2 minutes after switching from Sprint, then die. Like others, I also have to make a manual network selection.

After the data connection dies, I would have to reboot and/or switch between CDMA and GSM. The SMS and voice works fine.

I wish there is a way to make the operation reliable. It's handy to have two accounts in one phone...
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

Old 11-30-2009, 12:52 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

has anyone tried setting up different NAM presets?
sorry don't have a tp2 yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development