PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemissez View Post
So, let me get this straight....

We get one use of the HSPL. In the event the phone needs to go back to the store for repair or sent in for insurance, it needs to be relocked. Saying the phone isn't replaced and is actually "repaired", we don't get to use the HSPL again??
Yup. I found out that the hard way because I had to have my phone replaced... submitted a support ticket to get another Hard SPL license from my previous "donation". But from the comments it seems like it is taking over a week to get a response.

Last edited by x10guy; 12-16-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy23 View Post
so i been tryin to unlock my brand new tp2 i got friday. i have encounter problems after problems and when i finally get close there is another problem, i been at this for hours. the latest problem i face is it tells me "please turn on the radio" how do i do that?
Make sure your phone is fully on and not in airplane mode before you start the process.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Okay, enough is enough with this folks.

How to HSPL a TP2...one of three ways:

1. Run the regular unlocker on a virgin TP2 from a computer and an IP that has not unlocked a TP2 before (Virgin means that you have never tried to HSPL that TP2 before.) If you run the unlocker on a PC or IP that has run the unlocker before, you have formally de-flowered that TP2.

2. If you have a replacement TP2, send in a request and WAIT. They will get back to you. It just takes time.

3. Donate.

You can pick any one of the three options above. Stop calling them crooks, or intimating it. So what if they take donations for instant "love?"

I hope this has cleared things up for people.

And note: if you've unsuccessfully ran the unlocker on a TP2, that IMEI is blacklisted and will not work no matter what you do (unless you use the "actual" non-license-requiring unlocker).

Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post

1. Run the regular unlocker on a virgin TP2 from a computer and an IP that has not unlocked a TP2 before (Virgin means that you have never tried to HSPL that TP2 before.) If you run the unlocker on a PC or IP that has run the unlocker before, you have formally de-flowered that TP2.

2. If you have a replacement TP2, send in a request and WAIT. They will get back to you. It just takes time.

3. Donate.

You can pick any one of the three options above. Stop calling them crooks, or intimating it. So what if they take donations for instant "love?"

And note: if you've unsuccessfully ran the unlocker on a TP2, that IMEI is blacklisted and will not work no matter what you do (unless you use the "actual" non-license-requiring unlocker).
3. isn't a donation, its a payment. lol Plus your last statement is incorrect, b/c some people like myself have been using Badsez's workaround and can unlock blacklisted Tp2 unlimited. (i am not using the non-license unlocker, I'm using Badsez's workaround which works for some and others it does not. Works GREAT on my network and computer)

I also know his method works great for some, b/c my post with instructions on how to use his method was deleted. lol
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post

3. Donate.

Yeahhhhh... name another business that can take "donations" to just cover all their R&D costs and then turn around and make the thing impossible to use for some... doubt you'll find too many of them.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Exactly, Recursion is out of his mind. The problem is that the thing doesnt work for some who have never used it. Recursion may be getting some kickback since he believes this is normal business practice. What a joke. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 04:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone
Threadstarter

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
I waited for over a week with absolutly no response from them and broke down and payed the 5bux. The only thing i was unhappy with was when i went to unlock my first time it said there server was down and to try again in 5min. Only problem was there server being down used my one free one somehow. Went back to try to unlock and got the not for commercial use message. They should deffintly work on answering people a little more efficintly or fixing the program so the server error dosent use you one free use.
hi, I was told by someone that people felt we (OliNex) were replying too slow.. well we were on holiday for 2 weeks but I still tried my best to get online everyday (got back from the holiday already so no worries ). anyway, I'm pretty sure nobody had to wait as long as a week, so you were probably overstating there, I think 4-5 days the most while on holiday. sorry for that again.
if more people get problems with replacement phones, I will try to talk to Olipro about allowing 2 licenses right away instead of one..(needs the agreement of both of us.)
PS: will check your suggestion, but I don't think it's to do with that.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Yup. I found out that the hard way because I had to have my phone replaced... submitted a support ticket to get another Hard SPL license from my previous "donation". But from the comments it seems like it is taking over a week to get a response.

NO! not over a week, I can guarantee that. someone was overstating things.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
You have to contact them and wait for a response. A buddy of mine has been waiting for a good week now with no response, and he's never unlocked his at all. I understand what they were trying to do, but the fact that they took "donations" and are so stingy with the licensing is slightly upsetting. You won't hear of many companies taking "donations" to cover all their research and development costs and then leaving them to also have problems actually using the product (in this case having problems even unlocking ONE device).
what's the ticket # of your buddy's message?

it's a donation for private users because it's optional. either do that or wait 1-2 days, I think that's pretty clear.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
Not to mention that someone posted a hacked copy of the HSPL about 15 minutes after it was released, and anyone with even basic SPL knowledge can just rip the HSPL out of an unlocked phone and use that to unlock any other phone that they wanted.

I hate to say it, but the registration process has turned out to be such a huge waste of time for everyone involved. Most unfortunately they brought this sort of dissent on themselves. They spent nearly a month trying to get their server up and running after they had a working HSPL, a system which doesn't work properly, and they take forever to respond to support requests because they have too many other things to do.

Please understand I am not criticizing them for having lives or their awesome work, but they have eroded their image and frustrated countless people in an endeavour that most people (correctly) guessed would not work in the first place.

Ironically it's quite similar to what the RIAA/MPAA have done in their quest for content protection. Once audio or video is available in digital form it will be copied. The inane amount of protection that they attempted to layer on to prevent pirates from copying only served to provide a welcome challenge to the pirates and annoy the consumers, many of whom got so frustrated that they actually started pirating whereas they would have purchased legally had the protection not been there. As countless studies have shown people who would purchase legally in the first place still do, and people who would pirate either don't get a copy at all or continue to pirate. Impact to the bottom line of the industry is a giant 0 except for the massive amount of money lost on creating and pursuing the copy protection technology in the first place. I fear that the same thing has happened here.

Having said all that what would a better method have been to try to accomplish their goals of a) getting more donations and b) ensure that this product was only used by the community and not by commercial leeches trying to profit off of their work? I think a) could have been accomplished by requiring a valid email address and sending them a link to download a copy of the HSPL. If a donation wasn't received as a part of the unlocking process they could fire off a polite reminder email a week or two later asking how it's working and reminding them that they would like a donation. I'm not sure however how b) can reasonably be acheived since, as I mentioned, once the HSPL is out there are several methods that can be easily used to pirate it for unscrupulous use.

I know a lot of people are frustrated, so perhaps some constructive debating can assist them in developing a better system for their next release? Anyone have any ideas?

hi, appreciate your thoughtful post.

1) no, the licensing stuff was only like a delay of 2-3 days, the rest was unrelated issues.
2) I like the email idea... will think about it until then, we'll probably change the 1 device limit to 2, soon. stay tuned =)
3) the 15 mins release of hack, wasn't working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development