PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acurakid93 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

I donated for the second tp2 I recieved after I got the commercial unlocking message, believe it or not I'm on my 3rd tp2 and am trying to unlock it, but its showing the same message. I put in a ticket, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone else have as bad of luck w/ swap tp2's lol. 1st tp2 shut off when opening the keyboard ALOT, 2nd one had 20 stuck pixels, 3rd one fingers crossed is running great. The only good thing I can say is I didn't pay for the tp2 they swapped free for my tp1 because it lost the vibrate function =o)
Old 12-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Worked perfect. Your the man.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TPduce
Carrier: China Mobile

rashomon369 is a n00b

Can someone walk me through the process of donating to get my phone unlocked?
I'm at the paypal screen but there's nowhere to type in my phone's IMEI. How do I let the server know it is me that just paid so that I can get it unlocked quickly (if not instantly)?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashomon369 View Post
Can someone walk me through the process of donating to get my phone unlocked?
I'm at the paypal screen but there's nowhere to type in my phone's IMEI. How do I let the server know it is me that just paid so that I can get it unlocked quickly (if not instantly)?
Its crazy.. Im not sure how it works but you dont put in your IMEI or anything. Just make sure your phone is plugged up. try to run the unlocker, go through the prompts till it gives you the option to donate. send your payment, and when your at the thankyou screen, run the unlocker again. itll go through. Im not sure how but it works. Thats exactly what I did and it unlocked my replacement phone.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jcookjr82 is a n00b
Relock

I'm trying to relock my phone before I take it to the store for service. When I run the relocker program, I click on the icon and the desktop screen seems to refresh, but nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I tried re downloading it and am having the same problem. I checked my antivirus before I uninstalled it and the file was not quarantined.

Would it be possible for someone to extract the exe and post it so I could download it?
I just put the zip file on my memory card on my phone and tried extracting the exe to a folder on my phone and it worked. As soon as I put the card in my computer and checked the folder the exe was there for a second then disappeared. Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by xxxjdoggxxx; 12-04-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DroidX...TouchPro2
Carrier: verizon

tillithz is keeping up the good worktillithz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I just put the zip file on my memory card on my phone and tried extracting the exe to a folder on my phone and it worked. As soon as I put the card in my computer and checked the folder the exe was there for a second then disappeared. Anyone got any ideas?
wow your dangerous bro. honestly though if getting the exe to install is this much trouble you might want to get some in person help. You should be able to disable your av or tell it to ignore that file, go into quarantine and restore it. the exe disappeared cuz the av found it and thought it was a virus. You should set up your av to not perm. delete it but to just move to trash or quarantine folder so you can restore and all the other things above I mentioned.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
If the extraction worked then you don't need the exe anymore...
Old 12-05-2009, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillithz View Post
wow your dangerous bro. honestly though if getting the exe to install is this much trouble you might want to get some in person help. You should be able to disable your av or tell it to ignore that file, go into quarantine and restore it. the exe disappeared cuz the av found it and thought it was a virus. You should set up your av to not perm. delete it but to just move to trash or quarantine folder so you can restore and all the other things above I mentioned.
If you had read my previous post you would see that I completely uninstalled my antivirus (not just so I can unlock my phone but because it was causing other unrelated problems). Also the unlocker exe was not on the quarantine list so I think I can rule out the antivirus software as the problem. I then re downloaded the unlocker and still have the same problem. I also disabled all the vista security software and that didn't work.

I did some searching on google about vista automatically removing exe files and it looks like a lot of people are having similar problems but I could not find a solution. Some people suggested disabling UAC which I tried and it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
If the extraction worked then you don't need the exe anymore...
The extraction did work when I extracted it to my sd card using my phone but as soon as I tried to transfer the exe to my computer it disappeared. Therefor I was not able to run the exe on my computer. It seems like this is one of the many issues with vista. Unfortunately I can't install xp on my laptop as there are no xp drivers available for some of my hardware and I don't have another computer to use.

Is there a reason there isn't a nbh file available for the Touch Pro 2 to unlock it like there is for the Touch Pro 1? Sorry if that is a stupid question but I just switched a few days ago from a Touch Pro 1 to a Touch Pro 2 and never had any problems like this unlocking the Touch Pro 1. I was able to unlock it right from my sd card. Hopefully I can figure this out soon because I miss having energyrom on my phone.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TPduce
Carrier: China Mobile

rashomon369 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
Its crazy.. Im not sure how it works but you dont put in your IMEI or anything. Just make sure your phone is plugged up. try to run the unlocker, go through the prompts till it gives you the option to donate. send your payment, and when your at the thankyou screen, run the unlocker again. itll go through. Im not sure how but it works. Thats exactly what I did and it unlocked my replacement phone.
I see, thanks!

But now I'm having a bit of a problem sending my 10 pounds through, because I'm currently overseas. Did you guys get through the donation process with using a credit card?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development