PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 01:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

tim-tim is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tim-tim Send a message via Yahoo to tim-tim
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillithz View Post
nope i have verizon and it couldnt been simpler unless someone came over and did it for me. most likely its your setup as there are very novice people (with computers) doing this stuff. you need to know how to turn stuff off that conflict and follow directions as well
you kinda just proved my point since other verizon users didnt have any issues and sprint users did. thats all im saying. and if i forgot to mention

CMONEX FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 AM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work

Worked great from the git go. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bone625 is a n00b

edit: I'm an idiot, got it working. Not sure what I was missing but I just tried again and voila. Thanks

Last edited by bone625; 11-03-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
PLEASE DON'T SEND A PM FOR ANYTHING. THANK-YOU.

of course if you need help with licensing, use the link in first post!

also DO NOT resend your message at that link if you didn't get a reply yet, you will get one, trust me. by resending the same message you'll just slow down our processing of them!
Sorry, I didn't mean to flood you with PM's if I did. The whole point of my post is that out of 48 pages probably half of them are "Thank You", "Transaction Numbers" and "Worked for Me" posts.

It is extremely annoying for those of us who had problems to read through all of these posts trying to find an answer to our issue. We want to do the right thing of reading the whole thread before posting so we don't get flamed for not reading.

CMONEX, you have done yet another fine job and I didn't mean to offend you. I am only trying to help other navigate the thread a bit easier.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone625 View Post
Thanks for the hard work, can't wait to use it. Unfortunately I'm having issues too. I've read and reread the faq and instructions and followed everything step by step (including the updates and using the manual setup with the .exe) and I can't get it to work. Here's what happens using the newest build(tested on both 32/64 bit Vista and 64 bit 7 on a ton of different USB ports/cables):

I sync everything up and start HardSPL with admin rights. If I try the automatic flash, the RUU starts up and the phone goes to the black screen mode but it loses activesync connection (and the overall connection with my computer) instantly. I can reset it and start the process over, or do the manual flash, but after I start the actual update, the phone goes black and the progress bar goes to 100%. It says it completes fine, and it resets the phone, but when it's back on nothing was actually flashed, it's still stock. Hmph Any other ideas?

edit: Also, don't know if this has any relevance, but when the phone disappears from the computer sync, the computer installs new drivers for the HTC USB Sync, but that's all it finds unless I reset it.
1. The phone will disappear from the computer sync and you have to wait until it coompletly installs the new drivers to proceed. You will never actually see an activesync connection.

2. You will not see anything special when you are done unless you enter the bootloader. It does not wipe out your current rom or settings.

This is from post # 1

Quote:
11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.00.OliNex, which is the current Hard-SPL version.

More Notes:
NOTE 1: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, you need the following key combination: Power Button + Volume Down + Reset Button. means, do a soft reset while holding the "volume down" key and power key on the side of the device. hold these keys until you see a special tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone625 View Post
I sync everything up and start HardSPL with admin rights. If I try the automatic flash, the RUU starts up and the phone goes to the black screen mode but it loses activesync connection (and the overall connection with my computer) instantly. I can reset it and start the process over, or do the manual flash, but after I start the actual update, the phone goes black and the progress bar goes to 100%. It says it completes fine, and it resets the phone, but when it's back on nothing was actually flashed, it's still stock. Hmph Any other ideas?
you have successfully unlocked. what you described is whats suppose to happen. unlocking the phone does not change your stock rom at all. it just unlocks the phone so that you can flash custom roms. Now go download a rom and have some fun.

Last edited by razorloves; 11-03-2009 at 10:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I would like to unlock my wife's TP2, how do I get another Licence. Comenx would prefer a PM, what's the procedure
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bone625 is a n00b

Thanks for the tips guys. Hate to start off like such a noob around here, haha... I was assuming that when it restarted the phone my stuff would already be wiped and that would be my immediate confirmation. I blame damn daylight savings! Haha. It's all working now Just put MightyRom on there and its smooth as butter... puts the stock ROM to shame. Ahh, I have a feeling I started another bad time consuming habit here. Maybe I should have stuck with the blackberry haha.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I would like to unlock my wife's TP2, how do I get another Licence. Comenx would prefer a PM, what's the procedure

From the first post:

Licensing information: it's like with previous Hard-SPL unlockers - every user gets one free use of the Hard-SPL, further use is subject to paying 3GBP per each device.
however, if you are a private user, you can have other uses free on request if needed, such as using it on a replacement device.
the license is valid forever and all this works as transparently as possible, so for normal users nothing is noticable; while businesses who need to unlock more devices than that, can use the link inside the program to send payment or contact cmonex or Olipro if you want to discuss bulk unlocking.
contact info is: via support link at our site.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

KyleB is a n00b

Unable to extract or execute the RhodiumW_hardSPL_V1_10R3.exe file.

I have downloaded the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL.zip but I can't extract or execute the RhodiumW_hardSPL_V1_10R3.exe file. I am using WinZip 9.0SR1 and I can see the RhodiumW_hardSPL_V1_10R3.exe file, I select to extract it to a folder I created and the colored buttons in the lower right of winzip go from red to green like it's supposed to but nothing extracts to the folder, it's empty. I double click RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL.exe within WinZip and I get this error 'WinZip was unable to extract 'RhodiumW_hardSPL_V1_10R3.exe', terminating operation'. I have tried this on two separate systems but I get the same results.

Suggestions?

System:
WinXP Sp3
ActiveSync 4.5.0
.Net 3.5

Last edited by KyleB; 11-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development