PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

I'm trying to flash SPL on my gf's TP2 using V1_10R3, and it disconnects from WMDC and seems to turn the device off once she clicks the Flash Hard-SPL (automatic mode) button on the first screen. Device then has to be soft reset. Same is happening for me on my already V1_10R2 flashed TP2 when I try this R3.

She's on Vista, I'm on Win7. Both of us are WMDC 6.1. I flashed my device a few days ago with V1_10R2 and had no problem...I read the first post connection problems section and didn't see anything that sounded like what was happening here either...

I tried continuing with mine even though my phone was no longer connected via ActiveSync and seemed to be off/crashed, and the screen showing the two images showed nothing for the installed SPL image so I didn't dare click the Update button and continue.

TIA for any help!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
I'm trying to flash SPL on my gf's TP2 using V1_10R3, and it disconnects from WMDC and seems to turn the device off once she clicks the Flash Hard-SPL (automatic mode) button on the first screen. Device then has to be soft reset. Same is happening for me on my already V1_10R2 flashed TP2 when I try this R3.

She's on Vista, I'm on Win7. Both of us are WMDC 6.1. I flashed my device a few days ago with V1_10R2 and had no problem...I read the first post connection problems section and didn't see anything that sounded like what was happening here either...

I tried continuing with mine even though my phone was no longer connected via ActiveSync and seemed to be off/crashed, and the screen showing the two images showed nothing for the installed SPL image so I didn't dare click the Update button and continue.

TIA for any help!
what you are describing is what it's suppose to do. just follow along with the on screen prompts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post

TIA for any help!
Mine did the same thing. Here is what you have to do. After you click automatic flash the ruu pops up but your phone will turn off. unplug the phone turn it back on when it comes back on full plug it back in to establish an active sync connection when connected then continue with the ruu. That will take care of it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

Thanks a lot for the unlocker Elite Team, its nice to finally get flashing again =). Maybe this is my ignorance talking, but I am curious. Now that the phone is unlocked, can you still only use CDMA specific ROMS or is any ROM fair game?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Error 246, it's still being investigated right? Because I have great internet signal(even pulled the ethernet cable directly into the computer at 1 point, and still Error 246).
Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Error 246, it's still being investigated right? Because I have great internet signal(even pulled the ethernet cable directly into the computer at 1 point, and still Error 246).
what error are you getting when you choose automatic
Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
what error are you getting when you choose automatic
Automatic: I've already run the unlocker before.

Manual: Error 246.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Automatic: I've already run the unlocker before.

Manual: Error 246.
have you thoroughly read through the first 2 post of this thread and tried all the troubleshooting mentioned in post #2? Also, is this the only device that you're trying to unlock?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
have you thoroughly read through the first 2 post of this thread and tried all the troubleshooting mentioned in post #2? Also, is this the only device that you're trying to unlock?
Yes and Yes, to both.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes and Yes, to both.
if the unlocker tells you that you've already unlocked a device, then the only way i know of to get past that is to contact cmonex or to use the donatation link in unlocker in automatic mode.

Last edited by razorloves; 11-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development