PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
A few minor issues:
  • Sliding sounds do not appear to work. If you select any of the drop down choices and tap the play icon you hear a beep-beep instead of the real sound (as if the sounds are missing?). After enabling the feature, sliding the keyboard makes no sound at all
  • Couldn't get into Data Services setting after first flashing. The swirly icon would appear as if it was loading but would not do anything. Did a clear storage and it's fine now. Just goes to prove that the old 'clear storage' that many tout is worth while
  • Had the exact same problem with Managed Programs setting. Again, that same clear storage resolved that too
  • QuickGPS still not downloading for me. Getting "Connection failed. Please try again later."
OMG is this thing snappy...
  • Weather animaton excellent!
  • Swiping through e-mails on the mail tab is incredbile
  • Same with pics!
  • Music shuffle and repeat icons are really responsive now, as is working with the library and main music controls
There's an ISO setting in the camera. I'm sure that wasn't there before, but the changelog doesn't seem tto say anything about updated camera app. Bonus wither way! Just a tip that I saw in a Hero thread recently (and that's why I'm sure this wasn't an option on this camera app before now)...set it to ISO 800 and you should get less blurry shots. I haven't tested it on the WM camera yet, but they swear by it on the Hero forum.

Excellent work Juicy. You've outdone yourself again. 10/10 from me sir!

I agree this is an amazing ROM. I was able to get QuickGPS working...maybe another reset. I had some of the same issues as you until several hard and soft resets. Have you been able to get Footprints working?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Thank you for your hard work!

Weather works for my location.
I get 50% free memory on reset!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
I agree this is an amazing ROM. I was able to get QuickGPS working...maybe another reset. I had some of the same issues as you until several hard and soft resets. Have you been able to get Footprints working?
Not too worried about QuickGPS. GPS still locks in GoogleMaps no problem.

I don't use Footprints sorry. Sorry to say I haven't had a chance to even look into what it does since I first saw it in Sense 2.5

Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyStorm View Post
This was a problem with R2 as well...

My Outlook has my contacts with the same birthday as they do on Facebook, yet when both are synced with my phone, the phone's contacts' birthdays appear as one day earlier than their actual birthday. Also, the Facebook birthday appears as a separate entry.

For example, a "Bob Bob" will have 06/09/89 as his birthday in Outlook and on Facebook. When I sync my phone with both Outlook and Facebook and I look at Bob's contacts page on my phone, there will be a birthday entry for 06/08/89 and another one (with the Facebook icon) for 06/09/89.

When I go to edit the birthday, there's only one birthday entry (the incorrect one) and I can successfully remove it. Not sure if it reappears though.
I'm having the same issue, was about to post on it but saw this post here already. Besides that I really love this ROM. About to checkout R3, it's downloading now.

Great work!

~J
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 AM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Anyone know of a tweak to add an A-Z style slider in the Music tab library...particularly in the artist tab? What a PITA scrolling down to U2 all of the time
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

is there really no way to not use HTC Messsaging at all? I realize the disable cab is around, but I don't want to see the thing at all and I can't select the default (outlook version) as part of the programs
Old 11-16-2009, 01:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kyle244948 is a n00b

one question...is there anyway to disable the unlock screen when turning the screen back on? Im kind of getting tired of having to unlock everytime i turn the screen on. Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
is there really no way to not use HTC Messsaging at all? I realize the disable cab is around, but I don't want to see the thing at all and I can't select the default (outlook version) as part of the programs
You could disable that tab in manilla and then launch Mail instead. I see it has the SMS/MMS screen back now in R3. Doesn't help you in the manilla tabs though. Even though SMS/MMS is visible if you launch the mail app, it doesn't show up in the mail tab as one of your accounts.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
You could disable that tab in manilla and then launch Mail instead. I see it has the SMS/MMS screen back now in R3. Doesn't help you in the manilla tabs though. Even though SMS/MMS is visible if you launch the mail app, it doesn't show up in the mail tab as one of your accounts.

Yea I realized that..still, I'll use SMS Chat for now I guess
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Anyone know of a tweak to add an A-Z style slider in the Music tab library...particularly in the artist tab? What a PITA scrolling down to U2 all of the time

+1...that is really needed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development