PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

AdamD81 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Having the txt messages notification not going away problem with new ROM update. Can't find the .cab for it could someone point me in it's direction!

Thanks so much!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I just want to know if he used the CS ROM as a base, or Sprints....only reason I haven't upgraded from the 5/1 (ok, se) ROM...
Good point MordyT....you know where to find em bro...if you can catch em...if I see em there I will make it a point to ask em for ya...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
See this is what i did not want.. the "ZOMG Another Fed up User" reply...

First off, I am aware there is no MAGICAL Fix for some of the issues, but i was merely asking if someone had found something that i did not know in the 5 billion posts between here and xda that i was unaware of.. So excuse me if i didnt ask it correctly.

Secondly, the sense sms tab is useful for reading text messages, but is there a way for it to open an MMS directly from it?

third, i clean all my messages out daily.. run cleanram every 3 hours on level 2..

I am a very knowledgeable user, if i wasnt, i wouldnt be here honestly... I want to stick with windows, but maybe im just venting frustration.. if so i do apologize as this is not the proper forum..
Your fine not mad or anything like that at all, there just is no real fix to make Sense 2.5 faster, like I said it is what it is, sounds like you are doing just about everything that can be done to make it run as quick as possible.

No dice on opening MMS's in the Sense tab its just going to take you to the WM SMS program. (If I am wrong on this someone please prove me wrong).

This OS can get under your skin pretty easy but than you got to remember we have sooo much more control with this OS more than just about anything out there and think I am luck that I am not on another OS, but honestly go take some time and play with a Android device in one of the stores and you will find that they still have lag and issues just like the rest of the phones out there.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta49 View Post
hey guys how can i make the lock screen program to run (the one that came stock with the SE) when you press the botton on top of the phone that turns off the screen..
You need the Cab thats posted on the first page of the thread thats in post 3 in the Q&A

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...03&postcount=3
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD81 View Post
Having the txt messages notification not going away problem with new ROM update. Can't find the .cab for it could someone point me in it's direction!

Thanks so much!
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 AM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
but then it would be no fun anymore, we both have ideals and just because we clash about our differences once in a while shouldn't mean we are worst enemys?

additionally I wasnt actually taking a jab at tj so much as stating a fact/observation since it seems some people are getting really annoyed at the question, especially when the fact is that Mike himself has been moot on what has actually been changed besides the oblivious to us (such as Manila .2013) so its a FACT that people WILL continue to ask until (and even then possibly after) Mike himself says something... why does everything I say have to be just a jab at tj...
I wouldn't have it any other way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
See this is what i did not want.. the "ZOMG Another Fed up User" reply...

First off, I am aware there is no MAGICAL Fix for some of the issues, but i was merely asking if someone had found something that i did not know in the 5 billion posts between here and xda that i was unaware of.. So excuse me if i didnt ask it correctly.

Secondly, the sense sms tab is useful for reading text messages, but is there a way for it to open an MMS directly from it?

third, i clean all my messages out daily.. run cleanram every 3 hours on level 2..

I am a very knowledgeable user, if i wasnt, i wouldnt be here honestly... I want to stick with windows, but maybe im just venting frustration.. if so i do apologize as this is not the proper forum..
Calm...

Basically there are going to be variable things that annoy people on all aspects of phones (WM, iPhone, BB, Droid, etc..)...just gotta find something that you like...

Most Droid phones coming out now run fluid because they have the snapdragon processor...a friend of mine tried out the HD2 which is WM and said it was very nice and responsive...

Also remember this is an HTC UI so it really falls on HTC as far as issues with Sense...

I myself like WinMo because it is something I have become accustom to...I don't think I could go to say an iPhone which with each new version looks the same just updated hardware...I prefer to mod and tweak and do crazy #$^% to my phone...thats why I have WinMo...

In the end its all preference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta49 View Post
hey guys how can i make the lock screen program to run (the one that came stock with the SE) when you press the botton on top of the phone that turns off the screen..
Try the Keyboard Control below...I believe this will allow you to do what your asking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD81 View Post

Thanks so much!
As in it show a message is unread? If so...unzip the file below and run it on your phone...

Edit: I was in deep thought...Wes got it before me hahaha

Last edited by tjELITE; 05-28-2010 at 12:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

AdamD81 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Here you go.

Ty Ty!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

NeoMatrixJR is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
SOD is PROGRAM related, despite what everyone thinks, 6 6.1 and 6.5.* work differently, a great example is GAlarm, I can recreate the SOD 100% while installing due to the fact that while it does "support" 6.5.* things have changed processing/read/write wise..

as for the resets, are they only soft resets? if so, again it would most likely be program related, please list the programs you have INSTALLED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
There is no known fix or for that matter a exact cause for SOD. it is very random to who and how it happens. I just happened to get one this afternoon for the first time in like 2 months. not much you can do but reboot and pray lol.
I direct you to this:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/05/14/s...leep-of-death/

So has this already been found false or is there REALLY a reason for SOD that's not just program related?

as to my programs:
4 row start menu
At0mAng enhanced D3D
BarcodeZilla
Bing
BsB G-Config
Disable Slide Wakeup
Gen.Y DualBoot (android booter)
GPSWeather
Midomi
Mobile Manager for Netflix
Opera Mobile 10
Pocket Freemind
Pocket MilleBornes
regedit
Sprint Force Roaming
Sprint Update Profile and PRL
Total Commander
Tripcase
TCPMP
Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrixJR View Post
I direct you to this:

So has this already been found false or is there REALLY a reason for SOD that's not just program related?
yes but again I would like to note that the foundation of 6/6.1 and 6.5/6.5.x are DIFFERENT in how they manage CPU/Memory/R+-W Access, notice its MAINLY happening to 6.5? I can get 6.1 to SOD predictably using programs made/coded for WM5/WM2003SE (and havent been updated at all for WM6+ but work "well enough") where as they seem to work just fine with WM6 (they also SOD for 6.5/6.5.x)... and if you notice I chime in there towards the bottom saying pretty much what I already have...

From looking at your app list, I know when I was using Opera 10, BsB GConfig and the Enhanced D3D driver it would happen to me, not sure exactly which one, and any one of them are a loss to not have, so its up to each his own and testing

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-28-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrixJR View Post
I direct you to this:

TCPMP
It happen's to people on 6.1 and 6.5 it's not just a 6.5 issue, people have blamed it on software, hardware, memory cards and so forth there has not been anything that has truly narrowed it down to just one thing. right now it is all just speculation to the exact cause of it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2