PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

twobeaglesjtj 06-01-2010 11:27 PM

Re: MightyROM Themes By Purian

I remember seeing a reg edit that would make the x button on 6.5.x roms taskbar close programs instead of minimizing them.........Any one know where I could get that edit???

Dai uy B 06-01-2010 11:48 PM

Closing programs with x

I remember seeing that reg edit too! Since I'm a noob, I used "search this thread" right at the top of this screen, and searched for "close program." Guess what? The very first result (after your post) was post #7439 which had a link to what you want!

Sorry I don't know how to link directly to the post, but if you go to #7439, I think you will be good to go. Be sure to thank the person who posted there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj (Post 1786472)
I remember seeing a reg edit that would make the x button on 6.5.x roms taskbar close programs instead of minimizing them.........Any one know where I could get that edit???

Kliptik 06-01-2010 11:54 PM

Re: Closing programs with x

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai uy B (Post 1786513)
I remember seeing that reg edit too! Since I'm a noob, I used "search this thread" right at the top of this screen, and searched for "close program." Guess what? The very first result (after your post) was post #7439 which had a link to what you want!

Sorry I don't know how to link directly to the post, but if you go to #7439, I think you will be good to go. Be sure to thank the person who posted there!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!! ! So many noobs (no offense) don't (or generall WON'T) use the search function.

Way to be! Thanked your post for being cool!

bdurst08 06-01-2010 11:55 PM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookahzorr (Post 1786128)
Ya that is a lot when i first met my girlfriend a couple years ago i think ive done about 700-1000 a day with my touch but now im probaly doing about 200 a day if that.

holy crap! 700-1000, thats still a lot of text per day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuBDivisions (Post 1786378)
What or where do you put these files? I have the latest MR installed and i saw once these CFC files, but what are they for exactly? A compressed version of manilla? Where do you put them?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong...You need to first disable sense, then install just like a normal cab. reset and then reenable sense. Like Ziggy said a few pages pages back. When the CFC version in cooked into the ROM it does use lesss space. But in this case it would actually take up a little more space since you stil have the old uncompresse manilla file on ur phone. But its also supposed to help sense run a little faster. The best thing to do, is to try it out and see for yourself in you like it or not.

Kliptik 06-02-2010 12:14 AM

Wow, so I just discov ered something crazy cool... And I'll prolly look retarded but I'll throwit out there for anyone else like me...

It used to be that you had to use the Windows Live app to sync a Hotmail email account and even then you could only do one account at a time. Or you could trick the phone and set up the servers and ports manually...

Now when you go to add a new meail account, you can select "Windows Live" from the account type selection screen and BAM! account setup complete!

Just thought someone (hopefully besides me) would want to know.

kaaniz 06-02-2010 12:50 AM

thanked all the guys that were giving out their battery usage.. here is mine
windows messenger off and on all day
music very rarely
facebook usage through the app, every now and then
opera browsing around 1 to 2 hours.. mostly on ppc geeks
calls 1 odd hour
texting 20-50 per day
that's about it.. fully charged at night.. will let you guys know about it at the end of the day...

bdurst08 06-02-2010 01:18 AM

I will throw my battery usage out there too...
100-125 texts
facebook every 2 hours.
twitter every hour
2 email accounts, 1-every 60 min other every 30.
60-90 min of phone calls.
weather every 30min
usually i have at least 50-60% percent left by 7-8pm.
I could go 30-36 hours before i would need to charge if I stayed in good coverage. Thanks Mike for making the battery life even better! I remember the TP1 days where i could only go 4-5 hours before i would need to plug in. and sometime as little as 1-2 if i talked or streamed radio.

rodbac 06-02-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Ya that is a lot when i first met my girlfriend a couple years ago i think ive done about 700-1000 a day with my touch but now im probaly doing about 200 a day if that.
A thousand texts a day?? I don't want to belabor it, nor do I want to call anyone a liar, but 1000/day equates to roughly one per minute, every minute, all day long (assuming you only sleep ~6 hours).

DaveTN 06-02-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaaniz (Post 1786597)
thanked all the guys that were giving out their battery usage.. here is mine
windows messenger off and on all day
music very rarely
facebook usage through the app, every now and then
opera browsing around 1 to 2 hours.. mostly on ppc geeks
calls 1 odd hour
texting 20-50 per day
that's about it.. fully charged at night.. will let you guys know about it at the end of the day...

Heres a few more tips for you that may be of some use.

Out of the box, battery life is affected by the way you charge your phone the first few times. When I got my TP and TP2, the salesman just handed it to me with a partial charge and said to start using it. The manual...and I've also been told this many times..says to charge the phone fully before the first use. Then, the battery needs to be cycled several times before it is optomized; meaning the phones circuitry learns the discharge rate of the battery so it can be more accurately reflected by the battery drain algorythm.

How old is your phone/battery? Older batteries, or ones that have been abused will hold less of a charge and/or discharge faster than a new battery or one that has been cared for.

Dead zones. If you have one...and only a few feet can make a difference between being in one and not, will cause your battery to drain A LOT faster. Phone ever feel warm to touch after not using it? You've been in a dead zone. Happened to me this weekend.
Also, if you go in and out of a roaming area, the screen turns on. If it is in your pocket or holster, you won't notice this - unless you "butt call" someone. If your backlight is set to go off after 1 minute, then thats one minute of use for every time you go in and out of a roaming area. Happens to me a lot. (Not a TP problem as all of my other smartphones have done that).

OEM vs ebay battery: I bought a "Original HTC" battery off ebay for my TP1 and it was not origina and not HTC, in fact, it wasn't even new - it had the lines rubbed into it from the back cover of the phone - and lasted much less than a day. Some Amazon batteries fall into this category as well. Be careful what you buy.

My typical usage is a bit similar to yours kaaniz, I do a bit more reading and a few more calls but my battery does quite well.

I have my email (activesync exchange) set to push
My weather is set to update every 12 hours (turned off for roaming)
BT and Wifi are off.
I do use my MotoRokr S9HD headset a couple times a day to listen to music so BT is on for that.
Use FB tab and app a few times a day.
I get about 50 to 60 push emails a day and about the same number of texts.
I make between 2 and 20 calls a day.

Took my phone off the charger yesterday at 5am and as of right now (29 hours later) it is at 50%. Not bad at all, so 2 days of use is possible. I left it on overnight too.

Overall, I have found that MR FF performes excellently on my phone and am really happy with it.

David

rodbac 06-02-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Then, the battery needs to be cycled several times before it is optomized; meaning the phones circuitry learns the discharge rate of the battery so it can be more accurately reflected by the battery drain algorythm.
This is correct, but just to be clear for anyone who might read this and misinterpret, this isn't to improve the actual battery life. Li-ion has no memory. It's to set the indicator accurately.

I suppose if the phone will shut off automatically based on the indicator, there is effectively no difference, but just sayin.

Quote:

OEM vs ebay battery: I bought a "Original HTC" battery off ebay for my TP1 and it was not origina and not HTC, in fact, it wasn't even new - it had the lines rubbed into it from the back cover of the phone - and lasted much less than a day. Some Amazon batteries fall into this category as well. Be careful what you buy.
Good advice. I will say, though, that I bought an "OEM" battery from fleabay, too, and while its surface appearance looks glossier than the one that came with my phone (so I wondered about its authenticity), its life is at least as good as my original, and maybe even better.

YMMV. Just don't freak if the battery looks different. HTC may have sourced the batteries from different places or something, and you didn't necessarily end up with a worse battery just because it appears different in small ways.