PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

ahawke01 05-11-2010 12:57 AM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

This Rom works great and I only have two things that could make this rom perfect for me -

1,) The clock on all these 2.5 builds seems to run poorly and all the fix cabs in the posts do not fully correct the clock flipping issues.

2.) This ROM like all Mighty Roms does not allow you to preview the sprint music store even after the carrier cab is installed. It will let you access the music store and view music but when you hit preview the 3 lights go across the screen as if it is going to take you to the media player and run the demo of the song and then it disapears and you cannot test out the song.

I dont use the music store but my girl loves the damn thing and she has alot of music downloaded in it and continues to download the music through it because she pays for her music (like we all should) and I wanted to see if there is a way to correct these two minor issues on this ROM and if so can they be done with simple cab fixes so I dont have to reflash the device again?

Great ROM Mighty Mike and if you can correct these minor issues I would be greatful.

Also,
Please hit up your boy Silence and build us something crazy great!!! :) I still rock out his old 2.1 from time to time on my TP2 so it would be nice to have some new stuff out there to keep us TP2 users happy till the EVO comes out esp when the two best cheifs cook it up for us like you two do!!!!

streetracer8605 05-11-2010 01:35 AM

finally got around to flashing this rom to my tp2, i had a mr on my old tp and loved it so i'm hoping i'll be just as satisfied with this on my tp2. now if only there could be a red theme like the old slapahoe red, that would top the cake.

Incrediboy 05-11-2010 01:46 AM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1735732)
Back on track here...sorry Mike...

Anywho...well I stated back I had some things in the works for the taskbar again...check this out its another minor tweak to the Desire taskbar that comes with the SE ROM...

This cab is (SE|OF|FF Compatible)
Make sure to have the Desire taskbar installed to have the full effect...

Below are the screenshots for the icons I added...I changed the 3G icon so it no longer has arrows under it, then I changed the 1x icon the same and made it without arrows...

Second is v2 of the SoftkeyBar(SE|OF Compatible)....this adds the Desire top bar color to the bottom...if you guys like the Desire taskbar you like it....:thumbright:

Thanks to Dark Ninja for providing the excelent taskbar this is just minor tweaks that I did...the rest of the credit is his...

Enjoy...:thumbright:

I'm using OF and desire taskbar with %. I installed ur fix but no desired result. What's wrong? TIA

tjELITE 05-11-2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1744810)
I just have the backlight set to dim after 10 seconds, and then off after 1 minute.

I'm usually...
Texting ALL day
Several phone calls (15-30 mins)
Constant Data running
Twitter update every 1 hour
Weather update every 1 hour
FB update every 2 hours
2 Email accounts send/receive every 1 hour
about 30 mins of Opera browsing

All that is between 6AM and 6PM and i dont usually drop below 60-70% battery...

Also, GTX Sense shouldn't make a difference on battery life.

Considering the talk time of the Touch Pro 2...even I am impressed with your battery life my friend...you sure you aren't plugging in sometime during the day...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incrediboy (Post 1744813)
Nice work. Could u use the icons from droid theme which I got from xda-dev? I attach the file. TIA

I will look at it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incrediboy (Post 1744923)
Hi everyone.
Is it true that the OF doesn't have MMS support? Which cab should I install in order to have MMS support in GSM mode? I'm using GSM in my country, Indonesia. TIA

MightyROM is a CDMA ROM...thus the reason its in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades Section...I would suggest looking over at xda-developers.com for some GSM ROMs that may work better for you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incrediboy (Post 1744971)
I'm using OF and desire taskbar with %. I installed ur fix but no desired result. What's wrong? TIA

A little more info please...

toddpedersen 05-11-2010 09:11 AM

I would say the answer is yes. There seems to always be little stickers that cover screws etc., that you have to disrupt in order to take it apart, so they would see that you have done that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawkpride12 (Post 1744683)
May sound dumb but if you disassemble the touch pro 2, does it void warranty? and how can they?

b4u2 05-11-2010 09:55 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am using Hotmail with "as items arrive" how bad is this when it comes to battery life?

jshaas2 05-11-2010 09:58 AM

just like you can set it that way with MS Exchange, your active sync will constantly run.

Many people run their phones this way with Exchange, so try it a few days and sees what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4u2 (Post 1745220)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am using Hotmail with "as items arrive" how bad is this when it comes to battery life?

mander1983 05-11-2010 10:11 AM

I'm running to offical ROM with a sprint PRL. I'm a USCC customer. I was previously using the SE ROM and had no issues with my data connection. However with the offical ROM my data connection is very sparatic. Most of the time data is connected however none of the programs I use are able to download anything, including google maps and internet browsers. I'll probably flash back to SE or to FF however I would like to figure out what's causing the data connection issues as I really do like the speed of the offical ROM.

Thanks

DaveTN 05-11-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1745070)

Considering the talk time of the Touch Pro 2...even I am impressed with your battery life my friend...you sure you aren't plugging in sometime during the day...

MightyROM is a CDMA ROM...thus the reason its in the CDMA TP2 Upgrades Section...I would suggest looking over at xda-developers.com for some GSM ROMs that may work better for you...

A little more info please...

1. I get the same battery life with FF under almost the same conditions.

2. The TP2 is a "World Phone" and with the sim card installed will work on GSM networks so it is possible that he has a CDMA TP2 on a GSM network. Good though that you pointed that out just in case he has the full GSM variant.

David

slash007 05-11-2010 10:27 AM

Is it impossible to disable rotation in manilla so that I can stop missing calls, or is it so simple that people laugh when they read my posts? This issue is driving me crazy as I miss call after call. I would really, really appreciate any info on how to disable rotation, even if I have to give up all rotation. Thanks in advance.