PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

Sim-X 03-23-2010 09:17 AM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

hmmmm, HD tweak doesn't work anymore for changing soft keys on the home screen. I like to set my right softkey to SMS and now when I set the right softkey it changes the left one - I remember it doing this in the stock rom. Is there another way to change it?

asunners 03-23-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tech (Post 1651652)
darn no bluetooth pan

+1 Would love to see this added also!

amcq10 03-23-2010 09:22 AM

Re: ¨UMightyROM.com¨U ¨UWindows Phone0…3¨U ¨USense UI¨U

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1652392)
What does this actually do? I'm looking on the phone page, at the top in the area that says Verizon Wireless, there is a phone, an unlock, and this target circle with a line through it. What does this do? TIA

that's the location feature of CDMA. it's defaulted to e911 only.. have to go to:

start : settings : personal: phone: cdma services: location settings.. then hit Get Settings

if you change this to 'Location On' , that circle with line though it on the phone screen will change to a normal GPS looking icon.

in this day and age of assisted gps, and quick gps.. I'm not really sure what this buys you.. I know in my pre-winmo days.. this setting was required for the VzW navigator and other gps-related apps to function properly..

PhantomApolyon 03-23-2010 09:29 AM

So far everything is great but there is one thing that is bugging me.

Underneath the start bar and above the soft keys there is a white line that doesn't remove when you kill the curtains, any ideas anyone?

EDIT: I think I was using blackout before which got rid of those IF they existed with the 2.1 release

Richw 03-23-2010 09:32 AM

I am used to the hard reset prior to provisioning. But the provisioning comes up automatically (very cool) but what about the hard reset?

PhantomApolyon 03-23-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richw (Post 1652536)
I am used to the hard reset prior to provisioning. But the provisioning comes up automatically (very cool) but what about the hard reset?

do the provisioning and then hard reset :)

Sim-X 03-23-2010 09:42 AM

Couple things I have noticed:
The Flash Light for X time under new texts is grayed out
HD Tweak when changing the right softkey it actually changes the left(original stock rom use to do this)
I hate the dual ring/system volume - I always keep them the same

It's still nice to see a great overhaul

edit: I just made a shortcut to "Text" below the Calendar - that works great for the time being

Overall wow, it's so nice 2 see an update - thanks a ton

Can't wait for the blackout theme!

willyjay 03-23-2010 09:43 AM

Re: ¨UMightyROM.com¨U ¨UWindows Phone0…3¨U ¨USense UI¨U

Quote:

Originally Posted by amcq10 (Post 1652517)
that's the location feature of CDMA. it's defaulted to e911 only.. have to go to:

start : settings : personal: phone: cdma services: location settings.. then hit Get Settings

if you change this to 'Location On' , that circle with line though it on the phone screen will change to a normal GPS looking icon.

in this day and age of assisted gps, and quick gps.. I'm not really sure what this buys you.. I know in my pre-winmo days.. this setting was required for the VzW navigator and other gps-related apps to function properly..

Ah okay...thanks for the info.

By the way, after a soft reset it shows with a line through it. Then going through the settings for location, it is already checked to be on. Returning to the phone, the line is gone without doing anything.....weird.

Also, automatic prepend seemed to turn itself back on after the reset. Went to turn it off, and it was already off, but still adds the 1 before the phone number....also weird.

nartecurb 03-23-2010 09:50 AM

Is anybody having an issue when plugging headphones into the 3.5mm jack? If you use the HTC usb port head phones you can hear sounds. You plug a standard headset in and no sound at all. I have not installed any .cab files at all. Just wondering if others are having this issue.

Other than that Awesome ROM!

JDM_SOHC 03-23-2010 09:51 AM

anyone else havin an issue with TeleNav going past 0% on the startup screen, or google maps saying error, you need an internet connection..??

Richw 03-23-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon (Post 1652541)
do the provisioning and then hard reset :)

Won't that also clear the provisioning?:scratch:

Did it - Provisioning comes up again after hard reset-
thanks

jshaas2 03-23-2010 09:59 AM

after hard reset its going to.

tracerit 03-23-2010 10:00 AM

the "flash light for X times" is grayed out for all the notifications i need lol: texts, MMS, and email alerts, anyway to re-enable this?

rushco 03-23-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1652567)
Couple things I have noticed:
The Flash Light for X time under new texts is grayed out
HD Tweak when changing the right softkey it actually changes the left(original stock rom use to do this)

It's still nice to see a great overhaul

cab to fix the grayed out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1269347543

nismo95tt 03-23-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon (Post 1652530)
So far everything is great but there is one thing that is bugging me.

Underneath the start bar and above the soft keys there is a white line that doesn't remove when you kill the curtains, any ideas anyone?

EDIT: I think I was using blackout before which got rid of those IF they existed with the 2.1 release

I too have noticed this...I'm using tjELiTe's no curtains cabs- and those work no problem, but I can't get rid of the damn white lines at the very bottom....same problem on top, above the operator text, below "start"...

Anyone have a fix?

tjbahri 03-23-2010 10:06 AM

I'm using imnuts arcsoft cab for Verizon and confirmed MMS is working (send and receive)....find the file below.

You've been thanked. The cab you just posted worked for me.
Thx

lazyboy0172 03-23-2010 10:06 AM

is there any htc messaging 2.5 cabs that work for this rom?

GaryMcQ 03-23-2010 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1652510)
hmmmm, HD tweak doesn't work anymore for changing soft keys on the home screen. I like to set my right softkey to SMS and now when I set the right softkey it changes the left one - I remember it doing this in the stock rom. Is there another way to change it?

Hopefully I have attached a cab (Never tried to attach a file before) called ManillaSoftKeys which will do the trick for you.

KilgoreBA 03-23-2010 10:14 AM

Here's the bugs I have found so far Mike:

1.) As mentioned before, "Automatic Prepend" doesn't function in phone settings. Whether it is on or off, the "1" always dials before the number.
2.) A lot of the notifications are grayed out in Sounds and Notifications that have never been grayed out on previous versions of MightyROM.
3.) When you have a new email, text, or MMS message, the notification light flashes, even if it is turned off in Sounds and Notifications.
4.) Also, not a bug but I've noticed a couple people said that their dialer was messed up. Uninstal any themes you have as this version of MightyROM uses a different dialer.
5.) Location Icon on top right of the dialer sometimes has a line through it when Location is set to on. The only way to fix this is to go to Menu, Options, CDMA Services, Location Setting, Get Settings, and tap OK to make the slash go away.

Other than these Mike, this ROM is kicka$$!!! Your best ROM yet!!!

defiantone 03-23-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy471 (Post 1652335)
Since he's probably asleep, and I slept through all the excitement last night, here's the answer, HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\IsShortcutEnable=dword:0. That's why they keep coming back, yours is set to one. If you install the cab I made for the start menu, that's what I did to get rid of them.

Speaking of the Start Menu cab, only 212 downloads, guess I figured more would want it back the way it was, all nice, clean and organized, which was the one of the reasons I fell in love with MightyROMs in the first place. Also, for those that have installed it, you'll noticed I created the shortcuts for FDC Task Manager and Regedit, it was already installed, as I've said many times, with XDA_UC, figured I'd just put them there so you didn't have to install anything else, use what was already cooked in.

Z

-----------

Ziggy you're right.. I love the clean feel of Mightys start menu. I installed your cab... great work...I've never liked a cluttered start menu.
Thanks..

TimStealth 03-23-2010 10:22 AM

anyone have the latest Sprint navigation cab?
Please and Thanks!

amcq10 03-23-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nartecurb (Post 1652583)
Is anybody having an issue when plugging headphones into the 3.5mm jack? If you use the HTC usb port head phones you can hear sounds. You plug a standard headset in and no sound at all. I have not installed any .cab files at all. Just wondering if others are having this issue.

nope.. not having any issues with headset here.. just plugged mine in, and started nitrogen and am able to play songs through headset like normal..

when you plug them in, do you get the "headphones" icon in the top taskbar? my icon comes when I plug them in, and goes away when i unplug them.

jstn76rs 03-23-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimStealth (Post 1652655)
anyone have the latest Sprint navigation cab?
Please and Thanks!

Check MordyT post on first page. In his cab page there is an updated version that MM posted.

TimStealth 03-23-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstn76rs (Post 1652658)
Check MordyT post on first page. In his cab page there is an updated version that MM posted.

Thank You Very Much!!!

Summit 03-23-2010 10:26 AM

I had to revert back to the Feb 10th ROM late last night (so I'd have a working phone today). Twice while customizing 3.23.10 ROM, I experienced a complete dump upon soft reset, i.e. the initial setup customization began on boot up, with everything I"d added/tweaked gone. Once was after running UX_DA to install all my cabs. The other was after active sync with my PC.

Any ideas what might be the problem? The obvious? Incompatible app or something in my PC sync folder? I did perform a clear storage after flashing the ROM and of course, ran the carrier provisioning on first start. It seems really strange that either of these would cause the equivalent of a hard reset.

jstn76rs 03-23-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimStealth (Post 1652662)
Thank You Very Much!!!

Its in the lastly section.

leanne 03-23-2010 10:36 AM

MaxManila 2.3 v3 works perfectly.

So far, this rom has worked flawlessly and quickly with anything I have thrown at it....

Although I am so used to the 6.5.5 roms and their finger friendliness, I will use this until the new Impact comes out as it's fast as he!!.

Great Job Mighty!

RicoRich196 03-23-2010 10:45 AM

Few quick questions:
1) Is this ROM CFC Compressed (planning on installing some themes)
2) Mighty or anyone have any cool taskbars they can recommend for this rom?

jshaas2 03-23-2010 10:58 AM

Zero issues here and will be the case for 99.9% of the people that are experienced in flashing roms.

load the new rom, hard reset it, run as stock and see if you have any issues. more than likely its your mods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 1652663)
I had to revert back to the Feb 10th ROM late last night (so I'd have a working phone today). Twice while customizing 3.23.10 ROM, I experienced a complete dump upon soft reset, i.e. the initial setup customization began on boot up, with everything I"d added/tweaked gone. Once was after running UX_DA to install all my cabs. The other was after active sync with my PC.

Any ideas what might be the problem? The obvious? Incompatible app or something in my PC sync folder? I did perform a clear storage after flashing the ROM and of course, ran the carrier provisioning on first start. It seems really strange that either of these would cause the equivalent of a hard reset.

PhantomApolyon 03-23-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo95tt (Post 1652619)
I too have noticed this...I'm using tjELiTe's no curtains cabs- and those work no problem, but I can't get rid of the damn white lines at the very bottom....same problem on top, above the operator text, below "start"...

Anyone have a fix?

bump, this is till bugging the crap outta me.

Summit 03-23-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1652727)
Zero issues here and will be the case for 99.9% of the people that are experienced in flashing roms.

load the new rom, hard reset it, run as stock and see if you have any issues. more than likely its your mods.

I've been using/flashing Mighty ROMs for about a year, so do not feel inexperienced. I've never had a problem until this. I downloaded the ROM during the crazy first few minutes it was up last night, so I may try a fresh download, completely new PC sync folder, and load each of my apps one at the time and test. Will take some time to do this that I don't really have right now, but thanks for your advice.

ludacy1 03-23-2010 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would post this for people who miss having the right soft key set to lock on 2.1. This will set the left soft key to lock on 2.5. Not sure if you can change anything on the right side with menu being there. Credit goes to chris1683. Thanks and enjoy! :)

Tweak_four17 03-23-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 (Post 1651859)
hmm XDA_UC isn't importing my reg edits...and I can't seem to manually import them using PHM Reg edit either..what did I do wrong? >(

When I manually click them in file explorer they just open PHM Reg Edit and nothing happens..I can't click import in the PHM menu as it is greyed out. I tried the other regedit that is installed on the ROM and when I try to import my .reg files it says "Cannot Import '\Storage Card\opera.reg' : The specified file is not a registry script."

Where did I go wrong? I simply found the reg I wanted in PHM and clicked export..that should do it shouldnt it? I can open them in word pad on my computer and see the paths and what not but have no clue how to get them back into my phone's registry...any help?

santod 03-23-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo95tt http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Anyone have a fix?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon (Post 1652729)
bump, this is till bugging the crap outta me.

Does that happen with all No Curtains cabs?
You could uninstall that one and see if the one I have made and posted HERE works any better for you.

nismo95tt 03-23-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 1652749)
Does that happen with all No Curtains cabs?
You could uninstall that one and see if the one I have made and posted HERE works any better for you.

I've only tried a couple of others, which haven't worked at all...

Link no worky...

JDM_SOHC 03-23-2010 11:11 AM

so i'm the only one who can't get google or telenav to startup?

EDIT: upon further review, I don't have any internet either.. I get the red error screen..

jstn76rs 03-23-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1652761)
so i'm the only one who can't get google or telenav to startup?

Telenav works great for me. I downloaded the one in MordyT's post on first page in the lastly section. It links you to another page and you can find the latest version there.

santod 03-23-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo95tt (Post 1652760)
I've only tried a couple of others, which haven't worked at all...

Link no worky...

HERE, try this.

mao511 03-23-2010 11:16 AM

Both google and telenav are working flawlessly here

nismo95tt 03-23-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 1652770)

Thanks! I'll report back after trying it out.