PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Sharkie405... just installed v5.1...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Sharkie - loving the 6.5.X on the first page - this definitely beats the 6.5 version I tried of yours. After removing CHT editor and CHT app - this ROM works great... haven't been able to comment on incoming call waiting alerts yet* BUT - I installed skype and it works perfectly over my wifi - just finally tested it with someone.... going to grab that extended battery from the TP2 General Thread now.

Still need to figure out how to get opera mini to flip using flipit via landscape and also for Sprint Navigation - when playing around with it - as you mentioned it flips everything all over i.e. home screen which can be annoying and probably taxing on the battery maybe....

Has anyone been able to add android to their SD card while on Sharkie ROM for Sprint?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Sharkie - loving the 6.5.X on the first page - this definitely beats the 6.5 version I tried of yours. After removing CHT editor and CHT app - this ROM works great... haven't been able to comment on incoming call waiting alerts yet* BUT - I installed skype and it works perfectly over my wifi - just finally tested it with someone.... going to grab that extended battery from the TP2 General Thread now.

Still need to figure out how to get opera mini to flip using flipit via landscape and also for Sprint Navigation - when playing around with it - as you mentioned it flips everything all over i.e. home screen which can be annoying and probably taxing on the battery maybe....

Has anyone been able to add android to their SD card while on Sharkie ROM for Sprint?
Another option for rotating... you can try Gyrator also from THIS post.

I'm running android about half the time with this ROM as a base. It's not as good for battery, but it's fun to have an alternative and different apps to play with. Another thing with android, the Google Navigation does have the option to auto flip if you want.

Thinking about that battery deal also, want to use it with a couple of the GPS golf apps in android that really drain the battery.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor

@kozmo - cool... did you install MS .net framework too? I was planning on seeing if I can install gyrator and .net framework to the SD card.

I just purchased the extended battery and door from ebay right now
  • "OEM HTC XV6875 Verizon TP2 Extended Battery + Door "
through seller : "skymaster28" for $14.18 USD including shipping from California.

It looks like it will arrive in about a week for me.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

So... I have been on v5.1 for about eight hours plugged in. This Rom is awesome!! I unplugged and went into the other room and it went to sleep. The power button is nonfunctional. Soft reset. Same, the power button on top will not wake or shut down. I am flashing back to a Tinkerbell Rom to make sure I am not having a hardware issue. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Bummer Tink! I'm currently using mine now as a wifi device and use it every day as an alarm clock. I have never experienced this.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Bummer Tink! I'm currently using mine now as a wifi device and use it every day as an alarm clock. I have never experienced this.
Thank you for your thoughts Steve. Humm... I flashed back to my 29022 and it works perfectly. Strange.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Where is the Verzion TP2 power button located? It was my understanding that it didn't have a power button on top of the phone like the Sprint version, but that you had to use the "endkey" button. Is that correct.

In any event, I don't have that problem and no one else has reported it either. I'm not sure what's up with that. Strange indeed. Sorry Tink.

Thanks for trying out my ROM though. I'm honored!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Where is the Verzion TP2 power button located? It was my understanding that it didn't have a power button on top of the phone like the Sprint version, but that you had to use the "endkey" button. Is that correct.
Thanks for your thoughts Sharkie!! Yes, the Verizon TP2 does have a top power button. Did you remap that button in your v5.1 or leave it? Just wondering what may have happened.
Quote:
In any event, I don't have that problem and no one else has reported it either. I'm not sure what's up with that. Strange indeed. Sorry Tink.

Thanks for trying out my ROM though. I'm honored!
I will Task 29 and try it again later today Sharkie!! I was really amazed with the quality of your Rom... I was taken back actually!! You have done some really nice graphics here!! I am honored too!!! Thanks!!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I didn't remap it, but I include psShutXP which should run if you hold down the power button. Quickly pressing the power button should simply turn the display off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development