PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

slthomas00 Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also share a sense of caution. NRG ROM's have had many issues that never seemed to get fixed even though folks report them (I have a long list). Sharkie I echo Steveo, you make your ROM's solid with extensive testing. He may (should) take some points from you.

pl0323 Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's not broke, don't fix it!!!!

By far, this is the best Winmo Rom out there, please don't let them bastardize your work. Sorry, just my 2-cents.

thats not what we are talking bout...nor something sharkie would even consider AFAIK. sharkies style is unique to him and its what makes it so great. i will say i have only once flashed nrg rom and it lasted 1 hr tops. i just wasnt feeling it, for me. but i wouldnt go out bashing another cook! expectially 1 thats been around the block. you have to keep in mind (bout nrg) AFAIK, he cooks roms for multiple devices while im sure he doesnt have all those devices...not every device is the same so while something may work on 1 device it might have different effect on another! i dont think the cooking game is a walk in the park...so i have great respect for all cooks whether some things are broke or not. its my choice to not use the rom. by me saying its nice to have another cooks eyes on this rom is in no way me trying to belittle sharkie or his work but there may be suggestions that may be better, if thats the case then sharkie would test it out and decide for himself. if its not better than so be it but 2 eyes are better than 1 and you can always learn a thing or 2 from an elder (that goes for anything/anybody) as well as vise versus...im sure sharkie could share a thing or 2 to nrg. we all dont know it all and the only way to overcome that is to learn from each other.

thats just my take on it and wanted to clarify my thinking behind my previous post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 AM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Wow didn't like it? Is it the clock that puts you off?

The functionality of this widget is like nothing else out there! within two to three clicks you can get anywhere on your phone.

Select the hour button and you get access to all your toggles (so there is no need for the communication manager) and with the bonus of flashlight

Select the mins button and you get access your time, alarm, contacts, calendar, search bar

You select the background you have access to 14 quick links! So you don't need to clutter your page with quick links! (you have to have the background opacity to at least 1)

If you make the battery widget the circular battery you can have access to your sleep settings to make your battery more efficient.

Its the one and only widget on my home screen. and I have access to anywhere on my phone in less then 3 clicks!
totally agree. and forgot to mention yes set 1 for backround transparent! 0 will make it have no interaction and 1 is 100% trans. its also very customizable. i posted a screenie awhile back w/ my set up. post #3059

Last edited by kjhadfield; 04-28-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Well said Kjhadfield. Exactly what I was saying.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

sharkie i tried sending you a few pm's but my ppcgeeking is haywire,since my tp2 is no longer my main squeeze,i have been making lots of custom graphics and i have that down now,now that i'm moving on to cooking for it i was wondering if and when you have a free chance if maybe you could point me to some info,not interested in a visual kitchen,i don't like the easy way out,if i'm gonna learn something i might as well do it right you know

also if you got any more android questions and ect just hit me up............missing all my tp2 buddies like a mofo but hopefully once i got cooking down i may hit a few up to test is out!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Is 29020 still coming out tonight? I see that 29021 may be the last? I've heard the end of WM a lot, but it's getting easier to believe as time goes on.
Had to catch up on some sleep last night. Probably won't have time to get back into things till the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
slthomas00 Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

I also share a sense of caution. NRG ROM's have had many issues that never seemed to get fixed even though folks report them (I have a long list). Sharkie I echo Steveo, you make your ROM's solid with extensive testing. He may (should) take some points from you.

pl0323 Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

By far, this is the best Winmo Rom out there, please don't let them bastardize your work. Sorry, just my 2-cents.

thats not what we are talking bout...nor something sharkie would even consider AFAIK. sharkies style is unique to him and its what makes it so great. i will say i have only once flashed nrg rom and it lasted 1 hr tops. i just wasnt feeling it, for me. but i wouldnt go out bashing another cook! expectially 1 thats been around the block. you have to keep in mind (bout nrg) AFAIK, he cooks roms for multiple devices while im sure he doesnt have all those devices...not every device is the same so while something may work on 1 device it might have different effect on another! i dont think the cooking game is a walk in the park...so i have great respect for all cooks whether some things are broke or not. its my choice to not use the rom. by me saying its nice to have another cooks eyes on this rom is in no way me trying to belittle sharkie or his work but there may be suggestions that may be better, if thats the case then sharkie would test it out and decide for himself. if its not better than so be it but 2 eyes are better than 1 and you can always learn a thing or 2 from an elder (that goes for anything/anybody) as well as vise versus...im sure sharkie could share a thing or 2 to nrg. we all dont know it all and the only way to overcome that is to learn from each other.

thats just my take on it and wanted to clarify my thinking behind my previous post
Well said. I would be a fool to not learn from someone as schooled in the field as NRG. I love my ROM and it's come a long way, but it's far from perfect. There are still lots of tiny things scattered about that still need to be fixed. NRG knows far more than I about the inner workings of WM. I've much to learn. I doubt there's a better person to learn it from. That being said, I realize that I'm not high on his list of things to do. I've not got a PM back yet, so we'll see...

But yes, any advice given wouldn't be to change my ROM into NRG's, only to use his knowledge to enhance my own.

Quote:
totally agree. and forgot to mention yes set 1 for backround transparent! 0 will make it have no interaction and 1 is 100% trans. its also very customizable. i posted a screenie awhile back w/ my set up. post #3059
I'll check this out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Well said Kjhadfield. Exactly what I was saying.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
sharkie i tried sending you a few pm's but my ppcgeeking is haywire,since my tp2 is no longer my main squeeze,i have been making lots of custom graphics and i have that down now,now that i'm moving on to cooking for it i was wondering if and when you have a free chance if maybe you could point me to some info,not interested in a visual kitchen,i don't like the easy way out,if i'm gonna learn something i might as well do it right you know

also if you got any more android questions and ect just hit me up............missing all my tp2 buddies like a mofo but hopefully once i got cooking down i may hit a few up to test is out!
I'll hit you up with some info. maybe Fri. morning or Sat. Count me in on your testers too!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Jkyken9 is a n00b

Love this Rom , by far 1 of the greatest i have used. Is there a way to disable the iphone look messaging? I would like to use WM messaging instead.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

twistedlefty is just getting started

New guy here again,
I decided to get involved and help test the new X series. i doubt i can provide much but maybe an inexperianced users point of view might provide some insight. anyhoo i figure the more the merrier.
flashing CE Sprint SharkieRom X.29019-NO CHT.
will report back in a day or two with my experiance.
thanx again to all that help out here.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I don't believe folks are bashing NRG or any other chef with comments above rather the tone is complimenting Sharkie for being very diligent and thorough with his releases. I am sure it is fun to fire off new code and releases but taking that extra step of making sure a release is stable and solid takes a special person - especially considering some of the comments he gets.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 PM
HI Fly Guy

no not bashing and yes compliments to "OUR" chef but i just wanted to share my thinking of the positives of this and not focus on nrg's rom issues

we all have at least 1 thing in common in this tread...we all very much support sharkie on his quest
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkyken9 View Post
Love this Rom , by far 1 of the greatest i have used. Is there a way to disable the iphone look messaging? I would like to use WM messaging instead.
in the iphone looking messaging page, go to menu and then I think it's 'messaging options'. From there you should see the enable/disable messaging bubbles option. Choose disable and you will have the 'standard HTC looking' messaging.

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I appreciate it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development