PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Etiquette of constructive criticism 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
Wait, there's no Santa?

There's a typo, but other than that, it's perfect.

Seriously though, I think this post is, if anything, overdue. You've done an outstanding job of summarizing a few of the worst habits of posters.

I hope to see more helpful posts from you, newkidd.

a typo?! eh i cleaned all i could find, and my add meds arent working. lol
Old 06-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

What about rounding it off to 5 tips with a "Use the THANKS" button? I know it's really not a huge deal, (and ppl that get bnt out of shape about it need to chill) but it's a good way to show some appreciation...

And again... Nice work!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:35 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When I look at the NVA / BS posts getting "thanked" (LOL!) in this thread, it it obvious to me that the end is near!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
When I look at the NVA / BS posts getting "thanked" (LOL!) in this thread, it it obvious to me that the end is near!
Thanked your post... Sorry I couldn't resist!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
like this lol?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post

The more posts a developer has to read and decipher, the longer it takes to fix the problems a rom has. If you do have a genuinely have a completely buggy experience with the rom, there are a few factors out of the chute that might be causing them.
Quote:
a typo?! eh i cleaned all i could find, and my add meds arent working. lol
In the sentence "If you do have a genuinely have a completely buggy experience with the rom, there are a few factors out of the chute that might be causing them." I'm assuming you meant "If you have a genuinely completely buggy experience ... etc."

That's really the only one I was referring to. Some people might, I wasn't talking about capitalization or punctuation or anything like that.

I'm not trying to be rude, sorry if it comes across that way.

If I helped you, "Thanks" are always appreciated. (c: And don't forget to tip your waitress.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
In the sentence "If you do have a genuinely have a completely buggy experience with the rom, there are a few factors out of the chute that might be causing them." I'm assuming you meant "If you have a genuinely completely buggy experience ... etc."

That's really the only one I was referring to. Some people might, I wasn't talking about capitalization or punctuation or anything like that.

I'm not trying to be rude, sorry if it comes across that way.

dude never even saw it! thanks!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
dude never even saw it! thanks!
Quite welcome. I'm always glad to help. It's just rare that I can, not being a coder or chef.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

made a few changes, added a thanks column. if nobody else sees anything, i think we are done here!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
made a few changes, added a thanks column. if nobody else sees anything, i think we are done here!
Thanks and thanked. Again, good work on the whole post, taking constructive criticism, and implementing good ideas from others!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development