PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollazn View Post
Yuppp! I'm loving the latest rom, no problem so far!

Well there is one... sometimes, for some odd reason, the three buttons on the bottom (star, home, and settings button) are in middle of the screen... usually i just open my keyboard and it goes back.

Sometimes it happens while txting too. I click on the message and open keyboard to type but it goes half screen (and it goes half screen... with keyboard open and i cant see what i type. The scroll bar is in middle of the screen but the screen orientation is right).

Weird... happens to anyone else?

Just had this happen to me last evening but as you said open/close keyboard fixes.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

85stang is a n00b
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Typing in opera is very slow for me too. One issue i have is a hard freeze. it has happened 4 times with 7-25. 3 times in Opera and once in Picture albums. I ran 7-16 for almost a week with no freezes.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i flashed the latest roms and im having huge landscape portrait problems. i cant stop it sometimes from switching to landscape and it takes a lot of messing around to get it calmed down again. i deleted gyrator and have auto rotation (which i still dont really understand what that does anyway) anyone else with this issue. anything i can do to help it
Old 08-01-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85stang View Post
Typing in opera is very slow for me too. One issue i have is a hard freeze. it has happened 4 times with 7-25. 3 times in Opera and once in Picture albums. I ran 7-16 for almost a week with no freezes.

I had 7/25 (23569) running great for about three days and then suddenly yesterday it completely freaked out. Multiple soft resets didn't help, it would nose dive within an hour of reboot.

I dropped back to the stock Sprint ROM last night and had no issues today.

I really liked BigMax (my first foray into a custom ROM), but the sudden and complete loss of stability isn't acceptable.

I may try installing 21909 tomorrow and see how it goes since that is supposed to be more stable.

Last edited by mbellot; 08-01-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hillb54 is a n00b

has anyone been able to get footprints to work on 7-25 rom? It tells me that the camera could not be started! Otherwise, GREAT ROM!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

bgpars is a n00b

Here's an odd one.
I've been running USC 7-16-10 (Build 23563) since it came out w/no problems. I have been using pocketsheild through all of the bigmax rom's with no problems.

For the last few days, i occassionally get a pocketshield crash with the option to quit ps. after stopping it, things seem ok, but the start menu button on the taskbar no longer works, and I can't soft reset through the shutdown utility. After a soft reset with stylus things will run ok again for a while, then randomly crap out again. I thought it might be associated with the notifications on the pocket shield screen. But I have turned off notifications and am still seeing the crash.

Any others having probs with PS?
Open for suggestions.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
i flashed the latest roms and im having huge landscape portrait problems. i cant stop it sometimes from switching to landscape and it takes a lot of messing around to get it calmed down again. i deleted gyrator and have auto rotation (which i still dont really understand what that does anyway) anyone else with this issue. anything i can do to help it
theres a automatic auto rotation widget on the middle tab by default. its a phone with a blue arrow pointing down. thats your auto rotation button.

if thats on, your phone will automatically flip to landscape mode when rotated. which isnt really usable for the most part unless you actually use gyrator, which flips the whole os, as appose to the auto rotation, trying to flip sense. hope this helps.

Last edited by jnuts5423; 08-01-2010 at 10:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

inspiringdesigns is just getting started

Does anyones zoom bar on the bottom not working. It doesn't work for either pictures, internet explorer or opera mobile.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I don't believe my zoom bar worked last time I tried it.

I have gone back to 7-16 and it's running well. Yeah, it doesn't have as much free RAM, and yeah, it's a bit slower. But for me, it WORKS. I look forward to more of your work, Big. Thanks for all the hard, selfless work.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I don't believe my zoom bar worked last time I tried it.

I have gone back to 7-16 and it's running well. Yeah, it doesn't have as much free RAM, and yeah, it's a bit slower. But for me, it WORKS. I look forward to more of your work, Big. Thanks for all the hard, selfless work.
what is not working for you on newest ROM??

opera typing slow? what else?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development