PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

run_amuck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.8 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

i rmeber there being a landscape cab fix for tp2's somewhere in nrg's rom thread, but cant seem to locate it right now.

so currently, if i want to send a sms or mms, i have to type new or reply,(this is the threaded view, not classic) then the open txt area will have the currsor, i then pop ou thte keyboard, type what i want(meanwhile the screen is still in frozen portrait mode) and then when i'm done typing(or think i made a few mistakes) i close the keyboard, it takes about 7-10 seconds for the words i typed to appear on the screen(still in portrait mode) and then i have to use the onscreen keyboard to fix things, cuz if i pop out the hardkeyboard again, it will freeze the enitere device and i have to leave th ebattery out for about 1 min, and do some random things like pluggin the charger in and unpluggin it and sliding the phone in and out, just to get the screen back on(even thought the buttons stay lit when they are touched)

i do remeber this non-visual screen was not an issue with the first january release,

i wonder what happened?, also the txt function of the first jan release was a lot smoother.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.8 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by run_amuck View Post
i rmeber there being a landscape cab fix for tp2's somewhere in nrg's rom thread, but cant seem to locate it right now.

so currently, if i want to send a sms or mms, i have to type new or reply,(this is the threaded view, not classic) then the open txt area will have the currsor, i then pop ou thte keyboard, type what i want(meanwhile the screen is still in frozen portrait mode) and then when i'm done typing(or think i made a few mistakes) i close the keyboard, it takes about 7-10 seconds for the words i typed to appear on the screen(still in portrait mode) and then i have to use the onscreen keyboard to fix things, cuz if i pop out the hardkeyboard again, it will freeze the enitere device and i have to leave th ebattery out for about 1 min, and do some random things like pluggin the charger in and unpluggin it and sliding the phone in and out, just to get the screen back on(even thought the buttons stay lit when they are touched)

i do remeber this non-visual screen was not an issue with the first january release,

i wonder what happened?, also the txt function of the first jan release was a lot smoother.
I've updated arcsoft since. I'm sure that's the reason. I'm working on optimization for it if possible. Don't wanna downgrade really since the purpose of the kitchen is to have the latest working packages for tp2

Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 AM
N00b

that makes sense. i look forward to your new version!

thank you for your dlilegence and support. its exciting being part of this process!

thanks,
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Thank you for helping!!!

Here's the carrier/start menu fixed version. as for text, I WILL get that faster

I think one of the the issues causing slowing rotation is xt9. put the keyboard to abc mode and try.

Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 2.9_b2

Last edited by negamann; 01-31-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
N00b

nice nice, i am downloading it, and have to wait a bit to test as i have important phone convo's to do tonight, lol just in case. i'll post back at some point tonight (EST)
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 AM
N00b

so reporting back, the provisionign for sprint worked beautifully. and the settings button works now liek it used to, the txt message function i belive hangs on the threaded view as classic has some lag, but it has definalty speeded up though. the words still do not show up until i close the screen, its funny cuz when i rotate the phone in threaded view, the cursor still blinks like it should, but the absolute second that i flip the keyboard out, it freezes till i slide it back in. ill report back more tommorow when i have it for a day at work.

Good job on this one, i can tell its runnign better than previous.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Awesome One last go here. Removed auto-rotate from tmail.exe and ArcMC.exe, should fix that issue. Also added a Auto-Rotate Config app

Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 2.9_rc1

If this works as expected, It will be main release unchanged

Last edited by negamann; 02-01-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

websurf is just getting started
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.9 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Hello Guys
I've downloaded a numbers of kitchen trying to learn how to cook a rom, however when i start the Visual Kitchen ERVIUS its asking for the .ERV file. and none of the kitchen I downloaded have that file. How do I use the kitchen when I can even open it?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.9 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by websurf View Post
Hello Guys
I've downloaded a numbers of kitchen trying to learn how to cook a rom, however when i start the Visual Kitchen ERVIUS its asking for the .ERV file. and none of the kitchen I downloaded have that file. How do I use the kitchen when I can even open it?
The .erv file is located in Tools\RomSaved folder of the Kitchen

v3.0 Kitchen is on it's way 50+ updated packages and Sense 2021! For fun here it is ahead of time for the people who pay attention
Kitchen - v3.0
Just waiting to get some Roms up for the front page post

Last edited by negamann; 02-03-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

websurf is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
The .erv file is located in Tools\RomSaved folder of the Kitchen

v3.0 Kitchen is on it's way 50+ updated packages and Sense 2021! For fun here it is ahead of time for the people who pay attention
Kitchen - v3.0
Just waiting to get some Roms up for the front page post

Thank you Negamann
In the total of 6 Kitchens i've downloaded only 1 has the .ERV file in the location you mention. I even search the whole kitchen folder but Nothing.
So my question is, Is it useless kitchen if there is no ERV file? What is that file contain and can i create one if i want to? for those kitchen that don't have ERV file How do i load it into the kitchen?
I'm really new to this rom customization please help. i'm greatly appreciate your help and anyone else input very much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development