PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Tribis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [05/26/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S 6.5.X★ | Build 28232 | Organization | Speed |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Are you still waiting?
Quote:
The dialer is going to have some issues wither way. The original build had no landscape support and also had the positional fix issues that everyone complained about. I added the new dialer which does allow you to answer a call in landscape if one comes in. The original dialer would not even show an incoming call when you had one the phone would just ring without being able to pick it up. I know you guys are eager for a fix for that issue you mentioned however being that 6.5.X is beta, there are bugs which cannot be fixed. I opted to go for the dialer which allows you to answer calls in either portrait or landscape.
This explains the situation.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

oaomcg is a n00b

i just got my TP2 a few days ago and this is the first ROM i have flashed. I'm new to this so please be kind.

I really like this ROM so far but one thing is annoying me.

When i press the phone button it opens iDialer...
If i do it from the start menu it opens the normal phone but the button at the bottom does not. Can someone please explain how i can change this to open the normal phone instead?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

avlon is just getting started

I love this rom. It is a godsend compared to the original Sprint version. It's far faster, and more responsive than the original version. Even flash plays far smoother on Opera 10 for me (Don't get too excited...we are still processor limited, but it works!!) compared to stock. Navigating with my fingers is far more accurate and feels right.

My biggest gripe currently is the dialpad glitch. It goes invisible every so often. I rarely dial anyone since I have my contacts saved but it's like a smudge on a shiny new screen.

Are there any plans to update/fix the remaining bug keeping this rom from perfection or is this one of the issues that are inherent to WM that can't be fixed?

Chris1683, Thanks for all your hard work. Seriously, you have made my phone a lot more usable and enjoyable. It feels like a finely tuned upgrade!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

RadarRider is a n00b

Does this ROM have the ability to put the phone on Roam ONLY? I have several trips over the hills where I loose the signal and simply want to be on Verizon roam full time. Used to be able to do it with a mogul, but stock my new tp2 stock rom doesn't have that option.

Perma thanks to No2Chem, Colonel, Stroths, and others.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRider View Post
Does this ROM have the ability to put the phone on Roam ONLY? I have several trips over the hills where I loose the signal and simply want to be on Verizon roam full time. Used to be able to do it with a mogul, but stock my new tp2 stock rom doesn't have that option.
The cab below will add a Roaming Only option to your phone settings...
Attached Files
File Type: cab roaming.cab (3.2 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

oaomcg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaomcg View Post
i just got my TP2 a few days ago and this is the first ROM i have flashed. I'm new to this so please be kind.

I really like this ROM so far but one thing is annoying me.

When i press the phone button it opens iDialer...
If i do it from the start menu it opens the normal phone but the button at the bottom does not. Can someone please explain how i can change this to open the normal phone instead?

well i'm taking this off. in my opinion it has a couple of unacceptable flaws. the main one being this issue with the dialpad not coming up all the time. that alone has given me too many headaches in the short time i've been using this to continue.

the other issue (although i don't know if this is specific to this ROM or not) is the clock will not reliably change to the correct timezone. "My Location" will update fine and the weather will be correct but the clock won't change. To get it to change i have to change the clock from "My Location" to a specific pre-programmed city, wait a few minutes, then "My Location" will update and i can change it back. i passed through about 8 or 9 different timezone changes this weekend and had to do this each time. even if i just left the clock alone for an entire day it would never correct itself. Does anyone know if this is specific to this ROM or do they all do this?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaomcg View Post
the other issue (although i don't know if this is specific to this ROM or not) is the clock will not reliably change to the correct timezone. "My Location" will update fine and the weather will be correct but the clock won't change. To get it to change i have to change the clock from "My Location" to a specific pre-programmed city, wait a few minutes, then "My Location" will update and i can change it back. i passed through about 8 or 9 different timezone changes this weekend and had to do this each time. even if i just left the clock alone for an entire day it would never correct itself.
Ah one of the joys of working with a custom experimental ROM is finding these annoying little bugs. I had the exact same problem last week as I traveled cross country and used the same work around you did. As I don’t cross time zones all that much, this bug is very minor to me. I suggest you try another ROM but be advised that they all have minor annoyances just like the stock ROMs. Keep trying until you find one you can live with or you could learn how to cook yourself and I am sure there are plenty of people around here that would help you and critique your hard work as well
Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MacWilder is just getting started

BIG PROBLEM. In Switzerland. Using Sprint GSM card. Phone works fine, but no data, even though I subscribed to the Sprint data plan. When it tries to access data, I get a message saying "Dialed #777 The answering Modem has disconnected. Check your connection settings." What should I do?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MacWilder is just getting started

I have pretty well come to the conclusion that this ROM makes the phone inoperable for international data. Sprint has a guide (http://goo.gl/3Ue9) and elsewhere on this forum I have been told how to use a specific Access point to make it work (It shouldn't have been necessary, as this should have been part of the ROM all along). But nothing works. Tell me it isn't so and that this ROM was built with competence.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWilder View Post
I have pretty well come to the conclusion that this ROM makes the phone inoperable for international data. Sprint has a guide (http://goo.gl/3Ue9) and elsewhere on this forum I have been told how to use a specific Access point to make it work (It shouldn't have been necessary, as this should have been part of the ROM all along). But nothing works. Tell me it isn't so and that this ROM was built with competence.
Guy...First off, Don't come into a ROM thread and start demanding things when what you get is something you got for nothing. Second of all, 6.5.X is NOT OFFICIAL and it is clearly stated several times in the thread so that users can expect some bugs. I built this ROM for the people who constantly whined that they wanted a 6.5.X ROM even though it is not really my cup of tea. If you are having problems with it, download the offical 2.5 release which is based on the offical release. Aside from doing that, before you come into my thread questioning if my ROM was built with "competence" you need to think before you type as people like you will incline me to just close this thread and remove the ROM for everyone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development