PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rebelshadow is keeping up the good workrebelshadow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 7/14/10 V9.8 Previews, New V9.7.1 Titanium & Lite Roms Added, XDA_UC All Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Do you see the phone number they are calling from, but not the state. Is that correct?
That is correct. Number but no state.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: 7/14/10 V9.8 Previews, New V9.7.1 Titanium & Lite Roms Added, XDA_UC All Roms

Well here is an update on the caller id issue I found on the 9.7 Ti rom. If I install both of these cabs then caller id city/state replaces the "Slide to Answer/Ignore" text on an incoming call. I don't really like this implementation of the caller id because the cities are usually wrong but it may give you a direction to look at.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

yankeeblue27 is a n00b

My appologies if I didn't mentiont that it was the latest version, 9.7, of the ROM.. Ok.. now I just have to find out how to reformat the phone. I will try that and let you know..

Thakns
Old 07-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue27 View Post
My appologies if I didn't mentiont that it was the latest version, 9.7, of the ROM.. Ok.. now I just have to find out how to reformat the phone. I will try that and let you know..

Thakns
The best way is sync your phone to the pc. Copy files to your desktop, then just delete all files on the sdcard. The phone does not place hidden file on the sdcard so reformat really is not needed. Just to get rid of any OS files placed there from previous roms. Most of time that is what will cause phone issues other than a bad flash. I don't think task29 is needed is most cases, just a reflash of the current rom.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
The best way is sync your phone to the pc. Copy files to your desktop, then just delete all files on the sdcard. The phone does not place hidden file on the sdcard so reformat really is not needed. Just to get rid of any OS files placed there from previous roms. Most of time that is what will cause phone issues other than a bad flash. I don't think task29 is needed is most cases, just a reflash of the current rom.
I disagree, I would format the phone using task29 then re-flash. I had the same issue twice when I moved from a 6.5 rom to yours based on 6.5.x. There is something different about the 6.5 xip and 6.5.x xip. hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: boost

eeltam is a n00b

I just flashed over to sprint 9.7 since I switched over to Boost and when I tried to send a mms none of my pictures or videos show up. Any ideas?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltam View Post
I just flashed over to sprint 9.7 since I switched over to Boost and when I tried to send a mms none of my pictures or videos show up. Any ideas?
I would first try the all carrier version vs the sprint rom. All Carrier rom has a different sms/mms system in it. Where the Sprint version has a sprint only sms/mms. Don't if that will help with Boost of not. There was other person who flashing my that was on boost. You might check forum for settings in boost they be different than Sprint.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm still on beta 1 and memory is stable. 62.xx free after reboot. And still 62.xx after calls, a few text and surfing. Been a couple hours since a reboot and still the same. I will go to beta 2 2nite sometime. Thanks!
Quote:
Caller ID problem with beta rom test fixed. Will upload updated version and send link in pm to all beta tester's. Now I need information from you about any possible memory leaks on version 23128 (V9.8.1). What is you memory available at boot, after a few task, sms/mms, phone calls. Then check again after letting the phone set for a few hours. Does the memory continue to drop even when the phone is not used. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: boost

eeltam is a n00b

Quote:
I would first try the all carrier version vs the sprint rom. All Carrier rom has a different sms/mms system in it. Where the Sprint version has a sprint only sms/mms. Don't if that will help with Boost of not. There was other person who flashing my that was on boost. You might check forum for settings in boost they be different than Sprint.
thanks for the reply TW. I got it fixed. I went into the registry deleted arcsoft and reinstalled ver. 5.2.12.62 and all is good.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Curse you TW!! 6.5.1 is such a great ROM I have no desire to flash to the new one.

Congrats on creating a great ROM, but never fear, it can't last forever. I will get the urge again!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development