PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Back to Splash Screen for a sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Perhaps this is why I can't get NBHUtil to work... Anyone on Windows7 able to use it?
Heres what I did:
Made my bmp in 480x800x24
Ran it though nbimg.exe
Named the .nb to splash.nb
Copied it and named the copy subsplash.nb
Put both .nb files in the same directory as the attached file
Dragged the sample.txt file onto the nbhgen.exe file
Flashed the RUU_SIGNED.nbh it produced
Attached Files
File Type: rar nbhgen.rar (4.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for your patience we will get it

Quote:
File\Save as\+Select FileType (By Extension)\Windows BMP Image\Save\+Advanced Options\24 Bits

I get that part. I just can't figure out how to use NBHUtil to combine my two .nb files to one .nbh file. I'm still working on it, eventually I'll get it.
Thanks I dont get it either
Quote:
Perhaps this is why I can't get NBHUtil to work... Anyone on Windows7 able to use it?
I'm using xp I dont get it either
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
Heres what I did:
Ran it though nbimg.exe
Where is the ruu?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Where is the ruu?
it'll be in the directory you ran nbhgen in...
Old 05-31-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Heres what I did:
Ran it though nbimg.exe
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Sorry, I know it's over the top, but your attached file and instructions worked to the tee! Thanks so much!! Got it just the way I want it!

Am I understanding correctly in that you cannot cook a splash screen into a ROM?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Sorry, I know it's over the top, but your attached file and instructions worked to the tee! Thanks so much!! Got it just the way I want it!

Am I understanding correctly in that you cannot cook a splash screen into a ROM?
Ok I feel like an idiot. how do you ececute nbimg.exe
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
jusr drag the sample.txt onto the nbimg.exe
Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
jusr drag the sample.txt onto the nbimg.exe
When I do, It just flashes a Dos prompt for a fraction of a second and that is it. no .nb file? Does this have to be in C drive?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Did you download the Rhod_Splash.zip from this link that ai6908 posted. Ignore the part in the first post of that thread that links you to another site to download pofs nbimg. I downloaded that one and it seems to be missing the cmd prompt. Without the cmd prompt you can't do anything. That was my problem and sounds like your problem as well.

In the Rhod_Splash.zip you will get the nbimg application (exe) and the cmd prompt. Assuming you've already made your .bmps (Splash and SubSplash) and put them in the same folder with the cmd prompt and nbimg exe, click on the cmd prompt and the DOS prompt window will open and stay open. Type in:

nbimg -p 18400 -w 480 -h 800 -F splash.bmp -D RHOD10000

from ai6908's thread, and then hit enter. When it's done you should have a splash.bmp.nb file, a splash.bmp.nbh, a subsplash.bmp.nb and a subsplash.bmp.nbh. I don't believe you need (and I didn't use at all) the two .bmp.nbh files. I renamed the .nb files to splash.nb and subsplash.nb, but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

From this point, follow William_Fold's directions and you should be golden.

Basically extract his zip into a new folder, place your splash.nb and your subsplash.nb into this folder. Also put a Custom RUU application in this folder. Drag the sample text document onto the nbhgen application (exe as they call it). After you do that, an RUU_signed.nbh (with both the splash.nb and subsplash.nb inside) will appear in that folder. Once the RUU_signed.nbh is there click on the Custom RUU you placed in that folder and shazam, done!

Should you want to change your splash screen, delete (or move from that folder) the RUU_signed.nbh and the old splash and subsplash.nb(s), place your new splash and subsplash.nb(s)in the folder and re-drag the sample text document onto the nbhgen application and a new RUU_signed.nbh will be created, then run the RUU again.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-01-2010 at 12:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Here's a blue volume skin by Raidzero taken from his kitchen for use with Volume Control 2.2.2012.1229.00 (6.5.X).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0001-100.jpg (61.7 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip zzzRZ_SKIN_VolumeControl.zip (64.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-01-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:31 AM
VIP Member

Speaking of splash screens...

Purely for shites and giggles, and because I think they're cool, here's my splash and sub-splash screens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg splash.jpg (54.0 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg subsplash.jpg (111.6 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development